ADVERTISEMENT

Clark

CC is feeling the pressure, which only built up over the long layoff. She was lucky not to have gotten a T with the head-ball thing, but I’m sure she feels embarrassed she did that. She knows. No one has to tell her she can’t do stuff like that all tournament

She needs to let the game come to her, she’s forcing shots to prove something right now (to herself, to refs, and to doubters). She needs to understand that the more she complains, the fewer borderline calls she’ll get (like the charge, which was a bad call)

I trust that Lisa Bluder and Caitlin’s dad will be able to tell her these things, and that she will listen and make a change. I’m only glad her meltdown came against Holy Cross, and not in a close game

I think we will see a different Caitlin Clark tomorrow night, I really do
Hopefully her dad said something similar that I told my own kid a few weeks ago. You have about 5 college basketball games left in your life. Find a way to play freely and enjoy them. Whatever you have to do, take a breath, look around and have fun doing something you have done and wanted to do since you were 8.

Nobody can relate with what she is going through right now. And she does get mugged constantly... Basically teams' strategy is to mug her and dare the refs to call fouls.
Exactly. I think she takes those muggings personally, and it affects her game, but that's just my take. Wait until she plays WVU, they are going to beat the ever loving shit out of her as part of the game plan.

CC embarrassed herself yesterday and when she does that she diminishes what she's accomplished. She needs to step up, not physically, but emotionally and show some maturity, for herself, the team, and women's basketball.
I posted the take below a month ago when you could start to feel some of the national coverage/online narrative start to pick up on this. It's not a one-off situation at this point, it's unfortunately a trend with her acting this way.

i think it's reasonable to say Caitlin has some on-court antics that people don't like and that's ok, basketball isn't a popularity contest and no one is perfect.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT