ADVERTISEMENT

Congrats to iowa st

I wish we had ISU's basketball donor(s) - I'm jealous. But its asinine that ISU fans vehemently reject the idea that the billionaire donor hasn't had any influence in ISU's success. Money talks in this day and age. Of course TJ should get tons of credit, but credit also goes to the super donors paying for the stud transfers.

What stud transfers? Gilbert, who previously was recruited by TJ and averaged 11 PPG for a terrible UNLV team? Jones, who averaged like 7 and 5 at Denver? Ward, who averaged 6 and 5 at VCU?

Reactions: Clone2 and NI hawk
Nope…there are other “insiders” (who I believe) indicate that an Iowa billionaire is helping to finance isu hoops. Nothing wrong with that, good for the clones. Per simple google search…there is only one Iowa billionaire…Harry Stine. I don’t really care if you believe this, or not.

I’ve literally never heard Stine mentioned with Iowa State athletics. You and I must run in very different circles.

Reactions: Cydkar
What stud transfers? Gilbert, who previously was recruited by TJ and averaged 11 PPG for a terrible UNLV team? Jones, who averaged like 7 and 5 at Denver? Ward, who averaged 6 and 5 at VCU?
Are you serious?

Osunniyi was a 4*; top 5 center transfer according to 247. That’s a big get.

Gilbert and Paveletzky were both ranked 4* transfers.

Curtis Jones literally averaged 15 ppg and 5 rpg last year at Buffalo.

Iowa fans would’ve killed for any of these guys. You fans will come here beating your chest about recruiting and then act like you don’t get good players? Get over yourselves

Iowa fans are horrible too. Let’s be real.

Nebraska fans are the worst of the worst.

I have no problem with Iowa State being successful in basketball. Iowa was once that good in the 1980s. It can be done. Unfortunately, too many Iowa fans are okay with mediocrity because “something something Todd Lickliter.”

Oh, and the fact there are this many Iowa fans crying about Iowa State using NIL when that’s how college sports work now demonstrates just how lame and weak-minded many in the fan base have become. Since NIL and “pay-for-play,” aren’t going away, my suggestion is to either embrace it or stop following college sports. At the very least, quit whining about it.
As a whole, Iowa fans are way better than Clown fans. Just check out the massive threads on ClownFanatic devoted to their big-bro Hawks!

For example, most Iowa fans I know acknowledge that Jbo is a doucher. I've yet to meet a Clown fan that will admit that Georgey "2 inch vert" Niang is as well. He was a huge a-hole in college & is even worse in the NBA (see his grabbing the Celts player while sitting on the bench).

As a general rule, they are complete homers who think their players can do no wrong, Polturd is awesome (even though he holds hissy-fit press conferences & gets kicked out of HS sporting events), & that the refs/Big12 higher-ups have some huge conspiracy to hold them down. They are an insecure, pathetic bunch of nerdy tools.

I agree the program is teetering on the edge and Jacobs has lost his appeal, but JMO watching a few UNI games.
I don’t know Jake that well, but there is zero student support, minimum support from the community, and the athletic department has no money. Their hands are tied regarding making a change in men’s basketball or football bc they can’t afford to buy out Farley or Jake.

Reactions: DewHawk
Think Jacobsen is gone?
IMO no unless it’s of his own volition. Crazy to think he was a pretty hot commodity 10ish years ago. I think losing Green was Crawford to TJO’s staff was a big blow and quite frankly, I’m surprised Born and Crawford haven’t entered the portal. NIL and the portal really kill schools like UNI not to mention the tepid fan support.

Reactions: DewHawk
As a whole, Iowa fans are way better than Clown fans. Just check out the massive threads on ClownFanatic devoted to their big-bro Hawks!

For example, most Iowa fans I know acknowledge that Jbo is a doucher. I've yet to meet a Clown fan that will admit that Georgey "2 inch vert" Niang is as well. He was a huge a-hole in college & is even worse in the NBA (see his grabbing the Celts player while sitting on the bench).

As a general rule, they are complete homers who think their players can do no wrong, Polturd is awesome (even though he holds hissy-fit press conferences & gets kicked out of HS sporting events), & that the refs/Big12 higher-ups have some huge conspiracy to hold them down. They are an insecure, pathetic bunch of nerdy tools.
Lol every fan base says this about their rivals: ISU fans say the same thing about Iowa, Michigan says it about Ohio St, etc.

Lol every fan base says this about their rivals: ISU fans say the same thing about Iowa, Michigan says it about Ohio St, etc.
Do we have any Clown threads that are even 1/10th the size of theirs ripping on Iowa? Do we have an AD that holds press conferences to throw temper tantrums about the refs? Are we complete homers that think even our biggest d-bag players can do no wrong?!

Didn't think so......Little Bro complex is real & will only get worse when their conference drops down ever further below the Big10.

Do we have any Clown threads that are even 1/10th the size of theirs ripping on Iowa? Do we have an AD that holds press conferences to throw temper tantrums about the refs? Are we complete homers that think even our biggest d-bag players can do no wrong?!

Didn't think so......Little Bro complex is real & will only get worse when their conference drops down ever further below the Big10.
Cyclone Fanatic has it all on one thread for a full season - Iowa Rivals has a different ISU thread every few days that lasts a couple pages. It's the same exact thing in different formats.

This site doesn't but....

Reactions: flynnhicks03
I’ve literally never heard Stine mentioned with Iowa State athletics. You and I must run in very different circles.
I saw an ON3 page that listed the NIL for ISU basketball at $1.2 million/yr....so who is writing the checks/Venmo'ing the players the NIL money? ISU does have an ex-grad that is billionaie in seed business..he's an obvious possible donor. I think the lead Iowa NIL donors are nearly 1/10 the wealth.

I think ISU /Otzelberer are smart in how they've navigated the portal and turned ISU into a powerhouse. It is hard to belive that NIL is not involved.

Otzelberger has an eye for talent to fit his system. His results are impressive. The results at UI....far less impressive.

Cyclone Fanatic has it all on one thread for a full season - Iowa Rivals has a different ISU thread every few days that lasts a couple pages. It's the same exact thing in different formats.
It’s not even close to the same level. This is the first ISU thread I’ve seen in some time but there’s literally at least 5 threads with 3k+ comments about Iowa. I can admit I’m jealous of their men’s basketball team and I think Audi Crooks is good player, nice story. I like Brock Purdy. I think some Iowa fans would share similar sentiments.

It’s rare for them to compliment anything Iowa related and if they do there’s usually a dig of some sort. As I’ve said before, it’s little man syndrome on steroids.

Reactions: shudaddy
Every fan base (every single one) has their fair share of idiots. Most (on both sides) seem to emerge on message boards. Something about the anonymity brings out the worst in people. I don't think anyone would say to my face what ShuDaddy called me last week (hillbilly something - can't entirely remember). That was funny to me because I was born + raised in CR. Not exactly a hillbilly, but I digress.

Last week, we went to Phoenix for Spring Break. Wearing a ISU sweatshirt drew mostly positive comments, but one dude has his D-bag status emerge. He was wearing a Michigan hat and said straight to my face "the Big Ten is better". My response was nothing. I try not to respond to idiots like this Michigan dude.

My point, there are idiots everywhere.

I saw an ON3 page that listed the NIL for ISU basketball at $1.2 million/yr....so who is writing the checks/Venmo'ing the players the NIL money? ISU does have an ex-grad that is billionaie in seed business..he's an obvious possible donor. I think the lead Iowa NIL donors are nearly 1/10 the wealth.

I think ISU /Otzelberer are smart in how they've navigated the portal and turned ISU into a powerhouse. It is hard to belive that NIL is not involved.

Otzelberger has an eye for talent to fit his system. His results are impressive. The results at UI....far less impressive.

On3 just estimates the amounts. They don’t actually know anything.

Every fan base (every single one) has their fair share of idiots. Most (on both sides) seem to emerge on message boards. Something about the anonymity brings out the worst in people. I don't think anyone would say to my face what ShuDaddy called me last week (hillbilly something - can't entirely remember). That was funny to me because I was born + raised in CR. Not exactly a hillbilly, but I digress.

Last week, we went to Phoenix for Spring Break. Wearing a ISU sweatshirt drew mostly positive comments, but one dude has his D-bag status emerge. He was wearing a Michigan hat and said straight to my face "the Big Ten is better". My response was nothing. I try not to respond to idiots like this Michigan dude.

I believe I called you a hillbilly dork……which is an accurate term for about 85% of Clown males. Calling your ladies “chubby Ag girls” hits about that same percentage. You could be the exception though since CR is a bastion of cool 😂

Not all general fan bases are the same…..just check ClownFanatic to see the massive obsession with big bro Iowa. It will only get worse once you officially become a second-rate conference…..MAC 2.0!

• Haha
Reactions: Ycusi
You've never set foot on any campus by making a sweeping generalization like "chubby Ag girls".

Am I the exception to your 85% hillbilly dork statement? Perhaps. CR has its issues, but it was a good place to grow up, and now to live + raised kids. "Bastion of cool" is in the eye of the beholder.

Some of my best friends in the world are U of I grads and Hawk fans. Some of the biggest idiots I know are U of I grads and Hawk fans. The same can be said for every school everywhere.

I wish people could get past this notion that "athletics" define the prestige of a college/university. If all sports at ISU ended tomorrow, I would still love ISU and the role it played in shaping me into who I am today. I am guessing most (maybe not all) college grads everywhere could say the same thing about their school. Sports is (for me anyway) a nice escape and a form of entertainment. I admit to placing too much importance on it at times. In the end, it is a game played by kids (18-22 or so), and really doesn't affect my life.

If that makes me a hillbilly dork, so be it.

You've never set foot on any campus by making a sweeping generalization like "chubby Ag girls".

Am I the exception to your 85% hillbilly dork statement? Perhaps. CR has its issues, but it was a good place to grow up, and now to live + raised kids. "Bastion of cool" is in the eye of the beholder.

Some of my best friends in the world are U of I grads and Hawk fans. Some of the biggest idiots I know are U of I grads and Hawk fans. The same can be said for every school everywhere.

I wish people could get past this notion that "athletics" define the prestige of a college/university. If all sports at ISU ended tomorrow, I would still love ISU and the role it played in shaping me into who I am today. I am guessing most (maybe not all) college grads everywhere could say the same thing about their school. Sports is (for me anyway) a nice escape and a form of entertainment. I admit to placing too much importance on it at times. In the end, it is a game played by kids (18-22 or so), and really doesn't affect my life.

If that makes me a hillbilly dork, so be it.
I hadn’t been around that many ISU grads until moving to the DM area. What stood out to me were the following:

1) their general obsession with Iowa
2) their complete homorism that all things ISU are perfect…..players, Polturd, sporting venues,etc
3) this weird, dorky dress code of the guys that included mid-calf black socks with shorts
4) a higher percentage of “sturdy” girls amongst their grads (prob could pull a mean plow though!)

I’m sure you fit right in.

• Haha
Reactions: Ycusi
What I don’t get is how an athletic department from the mighty Big Ten doesn’t have the resources to support a top notch basketball program. I was told that the two big-money conferences made waaaay more cash than the measly Big 12 and they would be falling into the great abyss, never to be seen again. And yet, Iowa State’s success is like a burr under the saddle. Even in wrestling.

You may think Jamie Pollard is incompetent, but what would you say about the management of Iowa’s athletic department?? We may not have baseball or a number of other sports Iowa provides, but we’re getting a lot more bang for the buck, it seems.

It’s simply delicious.

And finally, our fanbase is a bunch of dorky hicks and Iowa is the one producing all the rich doctors and lawyers …. yet you’re the ones not being able to support your program to succeed at the highest level. That’s a weak argument.

Last edited:
What I don’t get is how an athletic department from the mighty Big Ten doesn’t have the resources to support a top notch basketball program. I was told that the two big-money conferences made waaaay more cash than the measly Big 12 and they would be falling into the great abyss, never to be seen again. And yet, Iowa State’s success is like a burr under the saddle. Even in wrestling.

You may think Jamie Pollard is incompetent, but what would you say about the management of Iowa’s athletic department?? We may not have baseball or a number of other sports Iowa provides, but we’re getting a lot more bang for the buck, it seems.

It’s simply delicious.
Don't worry Clown.....the huuuuge cash difference will be felt in the near future. The Big10 has added big market power teams, which means HUGE TV contracts going forward. While the Little12 has added some decent bball schools, they aren't big market power fball teams & you've lost by FAR your two biggest in TX & OK. This is only the beginning as the contract difference becomes exponential & your 2nd-rate conference will find it hard to keep up with coaches salaries, stadium upgrades, etc. You'll basically be a feeder program for power 2 teams like Iowa to poach players & coaches. But hey.....maybe you can still afford to build another parking lot bridge!

Throwing out wrestling as your example is odd......considering we've been the stronger program for years & have beaten you what, 19 times in a row?! Outside of men's bball, we've been better at pretty much every thing else. Our football program consistently wins 8-10 games a year & develops 2-3 star players into 1st round picks & NFL multi-millionaires. You've never won 10 regular season games in your history & have had one 1st rd NFL pick in 50 f'en years!!!! Your women's bball is decent, but no one outside of Story county gives a rat's a$$ about the "Twister Sisters" or whatever that stupid name is. The Hawks are coming off a national finals year & have been the biggest draw in all of college bball for 2 years running......with better viewership than your mighty men's team! You jokers spend a lot of energy ripping on CC, but she's the SHOW who's come up clutch in big games for years.....while your wannabe star Crooks completely flopped(3-21 & gave up a 40 piece) to help steal defeat from the jaws of victory.

Regarding the ADs, Iowa was stuck with nutless Barta for too long....but Beth has already proven to have a bigger set than him & will be much better. While Polturd has made some good coaching hires, he's a complete trash individual & I'm thankful every day we're not stuck with that d-bag. It was bad enough that he held a press conference to throw a temper tantrum & got kicked out of a HS game for losing his sh!t......but even worse was when our band got assaulted by your low-class fans & he actually blamed the band!! Even after the story came out that your groundskeeper screamed them off the field, he stuck with his story that it was somehow their fault. But I guess this all makes him the perfect fit at MooU?

Fair point, I don’t know why it’s so hard for people to be objective. There’s a herd mentality I suppose all message boards are guilty of as well.

Don't worry Clown.....the huuuuge cash difference will be felt in the near future. The Big10 has added big market power teams, which means HUGE TV contracts going forward. While the Little12 has added some decent bball schools, they aren't big market power fball teams & you've lost by FAR your two biggest in TX & OK. This is only the beginning as the contract difference becomes exponential & your 2nd-rate conference will find it hard to keep up with coaches salaries, stadium upgrades, etc. You'll basically be a feeder program for power 2 teams like Iowa to poach players & coaches. But hey.....maybe you can still afford to build another parking lot bridge!

Throwing out wrestling as your example is odd......considering we've been the stronger program for years & have beaten you what, 19 times in a row?! Outside of men's bball, we've been better at pretty much every thing else. Our football program consistently wins 8-10 games a year & develops 2-3 star players into 1st round picks & NFL multi-millionaires. You've never won 10 regular season games in your history & have had one 1st rd NFL pick in 50 f'en years!!!! Your women's bball is decent, but no one outside of Story county gives a rat's a$$ about the "Twister Sisters" or whatever that stupid name is. The Hawks are coming off a national finals year & have been the biggest draw in all of college bball for 2 years running......with better viewership than your mighty men's team! You jokers spend a lot of energy ripping on CC, but she's the SHOW who's come up clutch in big games for years.....while your wannabe star Crooks completely flopped(3-21 & gave up a 40 piece) to help steal defeat from the jaws of victory.

Regarding the ADs, Iowa was stuck with nutless Barta for too long....but Beth has already proven to have a bigger set than him & will be much better. While Polturd has made some good coaching hires, he's a complete trash individual & I'm thankful every day we're not stuck with that d-bag. It was bad enough that he held a press conference to throw a temper tantrum & got kicked out of a HS game for losing his sh!t......but even worse was when our band got assaulted by your low-class fans & he actually blamed the band!! Even after the story came out that your groundskeeper screamed them off the field, he stuck with his story that it was somehow their fault. But I guess this all makes him the perfect fit at MooU?
Caitlyn wasn't much of a star last night either. 8 for 22 from the field. At least she got the benefit of the foul calls, something that Crooks was not.

• Haha
Reactions: LetsGoHawks83
Caitlyn wasn't much of a star last night either. 8 for 22 from the field. At least she got the benefit of the foul calls, something that Crooks was not.
Even on an off night, she still gets 32&8 (on just 1 more shot than Crooks)…..& most importantly, the W!! 😂 🤡

Never surprised when a Clownie resorts to bitching about foul calls…..the favorite hobby of Story County. It’s just common sense that hyper-aggressive on-ball defense will lead to more fouls being called. Especially riding ball handlers & the classic playground move of trying to swipe the ball from behind…..which you can’t even get away with in HS!

No one is saying that ISU's NIL money is non-existent. But, at best, we are average for a B12 team in that department. Otz is VERY good at finding guys who fit well...not simply the top NIL guy on the market. I imagine Iowa's basketball NIL is a reasonable figure as well...its all how you use it...and if your coach WANTS to use it.

Coaches hang out with donors to their Universities.

Shocking. Very, very shocking.

If it happens at "every big time" program, how are things any different at ISU than they are at Iowa in this regard? The truth is, ISU struggles to get sufficient NIL money...as do many programs. Wish we had the kind of dough to buy a really good big man for next season...but quite clearly ISU can't afford that. So we'll make do. ISU does not have a NIL advantage over Iowa.

From a Minneapolis sports reporter. ISU and Otz definitely don’t get any recruiting help from big donors!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT