ADVERTISEMENT

Did Iowa Promote Its Worst Recruiter and Fire/Demote its Best 3?

It has definitely been an exciting 72 hours. After going 9 months without commits, we got 7 guys in a matter of 3 days.

My hat's off to Seth Wallace, for taking the bull by the horns on recruiting. Of the 9 commits we got since three coaches were fired and Brian Ferentz was promoted, Wallace was the lead recruiter on 5 of them and Phil Parker was the lead recruiter on another 2.

Granted, many of these last minute guys were 2** fallback type recruits, we were striking out right and left all fall, and Wallace scrambled to make the best of a bad situation. The question is, what was the rest of our coaching staff doing in the last few weeks? Brian? Woods? Morgan picked up the only other late in-state offer we sent out (Wieland), but I could have been lead recruiter on him and he would have committed to Iowa.

We turned over a lot of our coaching staff this winter...but I have to ask if Woods is pulling his weight? On the recruiting end, he's not getting it done. He is credited for landing just 1 of our 22 commits this year. From a coaching standpoint, he wasn't getting it done as LB coach once Jim Reid left (Woods was a "co-LB coach"), so was unceremoniously switched to TE coach last year. Even with having zero WRs and a QB who wouldn't throw the ball more than 5 yards, our TEs had one of the worst years at the U of Iowa in quite some time.

If our RBs/Special teams coach is gonna get the axe despite being one of our best recruiters and coaching some of our best units, how are Woods and Brian getting free passes?
Please go away....you literally have not one morsel of a clue on what you are talking about...not one.

According to CNN (Clinton News Network). You're chick was corrupt bro. At the very best she was a humongous idiot and at worst a lying conniving horrible person.

Whoa Swagmeister and I may agree on some things after all…

According to CNN (Clinton News Network). You're chick was corrupt bro. At the very best she was a humongous idiot and at worst a lying conniving horrible person.

Whoa Swagmeister and I may agree on some things after all…

You have to be either a complete ignoramus to have believed what Hillary was saying or blinded by partisanship.

I'm not a Trump fan either, however that guy is getting shit done right away, agree with him or not.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT