ADVERTISEMENT

Drake Ayala to Iowa

giphy.gif

Boom!! 125-149 will be loaded for the next 4 plus years for the Hawks!! Ybarra, Schriever and Reyna this year then Ayala, Hensen, and Rathjen after that!!! Need to lock down maybe Voinovich or Vasquez for 157 and the Hawks will be Really good!!!

Kennedy to me is 57, possible 65 guy.

Ayala to Iowa should be the final nail in Dresser's coffin at ISU. Unless the cancellation of Nattys saves him for another year.

Either way... Clone fans can't possibly be happy with all the recruiting misses. And there's only so many kids they can steal from Upper Iowa and Buena Vista.:rolleyes:

Pollard spent a LOT of $$$ for what he's getting. ISU needs a staff shakeup and find someone that can recruit.

Awesome. Good to see the intel I posted was correct. ISU has struck out the side again. No Drake, Caleb or AF which were their biggest targets. Monster get for the Hawks and another disaster in Ames. Looks like a coaching job wasn’t available to KD for a family member of Drake’s. Getting just pathetic in Ames and we have a stud to walk in at 25. Great work by the staff.

His mom works for Iowa Heart. I've known her by her first name for probably 10 years. This year we were talking about wrestling and recruiting. She said her son had visited Iowa and Ohio State and some other schools. I asked what was her last name. Ayala. Nice lady. Congratulations to them!

Nice to see DA picking the Hawks over tOSU. From multiple sources, it sounds like he was a top priority for Ryan and Tan Tom spent lots of time and $$$ pursuing him.

Reactions: el dub and ih8iast8
Ayala to Iowa should be the final nail in Dresser's coffin at ISU. Unless the cancellation of Nattys saves him for another year.

Either way... Clone fans can't possibly be happy with all the recruiting misses. And there's only so many kids they can steal from Upper Iowa and Buena Vista.:rolleyes:

Pollard spent a LOT of $$$ for what he's getting. ISU needs a staff shakeup and find someone that can recruit.

The plan is few more years Dresser retires and hands it off to Metcalf but that's another topic for another day.

This is a huge get. Best talent out of this state since Cory Clark. IMO Drake will be very similar to McD and a slightly higher ceiling in college than Gilman. Sure Gilman was all world with takedowns but Drake is better in all 3 positions and will create and manage victories vs the elites because of that. Like McD vs say a Ramos style.

Pretty pumped! Hopefully he and Ybarra are the next great 125/133. Hopefully Cullan is healthy enough for 4 years be a legit factor and to push them for a spot.

I thought you were done hammering ISU. I miss the sweet lovable Mitch. :)

ISU fans are blaming Sebolt for steering wrestlers to Iowa. Not sure how that works when ISU is whiffing on more out of state than in-state kids. Maybe kids want to wrestle for the No. 1 team in the country in front of the most and best fans. I know ISU lives in delusion and excuses but why would anyone go there over Iowa? ISU is offering full rides and starting spots and no takers. There is something so very wrong in Ames to at least not get someone. Better hope the virus doesn’t shut down the 7-11’s or they may not have enough bodies in the upcoming years.

ISU fans are blaming Sebolt for steering wrestlers to Iowa. Not sure how that works when ISU is whiffing on more out of state than in-state kids. Maybe kids want to wrestle for the No. 1 team in the country in front of the most and best fans. I know ISU lives in delusion and excuses but why would anyone go there over Iowa? ISU is offering full rides and starting spots and no takers. There is something so very wrong in Ames to at least not get someone. Better hope the virus doesn’t shut down the 7-11’s or they may not have enough bodies in the upcoming years.

I don’t think ISU was an option at the end of it. Probably Iowa and OSU

I know ISU was screwed at least what the guy who covers wrestling told me. That’s what is shocking. There are a lot of wrestlers taking less, may not start for a year or 2 and that are choosing other programs over ISU. There must be something in the culture that is having recruits go elsewhere. I heard the rumors and they must be true cause this is crazy. Drake trains there, AF had Metcalf posters in his room growing up and swing and miss on both. And with their 3 biggest meets (Iowa, UNI, Okie St) on the road next year attendance will dip and their fair weather fans (basically all but about 50) will lose interest. What is saving KD is the basketball program may actually be in worst shape.

Reactions: MitchLL
Kennedy to me is 57, possible 65 guy.

157? Where do you get this stuff from?

This was just his 3rd season and they have improved every year. And given his patience with KJ and the fact they were not going to get Ayala, I don't think this is a factor one way or the other. No doubt, they are not recruiting well and we may see a shakeup on the staff.

ADVERTISEMENT