ADVERTISEMENT

Effects of Kneeling

I actually feel sorry for you if you believe any of this.

First, as a Poly Sci guy I'm familiar with all the shades of Marxism...all are evil and utterly disfunctional and incompatible with human freedom. Second, no one is comparing BLM to "regimes", rather we're noting that BLM's deeply held Marxist bent makes it anti-democratic, anti-capitalist, and anti-free speech...among other negative qualities. Third, I have no racist stances or undertones...though I get the impression you may have a few...based on your dismissive tone.

Finally, I'm fearful of no man/woman based on their skin color...only peawits like yourself consider skin color to be someone's defining trait. I'll stick with MLK's axiom and judge folks by the content of their character...and leave the "defining people by race" to you. As for being treated equally, that's what everyone on this board wants...the argument is about how to reduce racism and make society more balanced and fair for ALL people. You don't get to dictate that policy any more than I do.

And spare me the "you better get used to it" and "quit being afraid" garbage...these are weak tropes that come from people who like to regurgitate Left wing platitudes. You may be driven by fear, I chose reason and information when it comes to policy choices.

And the veiled threat of "better get used to it" is precisely what makes people refuse to move an inch in your direction...which is a problem considering the ONLY way forward is reasoned compromise. YOU do not get to dictate anything to anyone. As for the next election, be cocky if you wish and think its in the bag....but you'd be wiser to hold off on the celebration dance until the votes are counted. Don't want to look like Hillary partisans crying and wailing in shock that they could possibly lose an election now do you?
Read a lot of bullshit but you take the cake.

50% of Americans think kneeling during the anthem is disrespectful. My dad and his 2 brothers are all military and will stop watching Hawk games if they kneel. My dad has only watched a handful of games since the kneeling in the NFL. All three are conservatives. My father in law and his 1 of his brothers fought in Korea or Vietnam and are liberal. One doesn't think they should kneel, but thinks it's their right to kneel. My father in law is also very upset about the thought of them kneeling. They do not attend games, but watch most Hawk games on TV. They both will probably will continue to watch as long as they don't have to see the kneeling which I'm sure all networks will be showing the replay of the kneeling because it fits their narrative. I think it's going to happen and their will be substantial backlash (attendance/booster money).

Read a lot of bullshit but you take the cake.

Witty response. Well thought out, rational and persuasive. Right up there with "I know I am but what are you". In many ways, you embody the millenial approach to disagreement and discussion. Be proud.

And let me add. 14 killed and 101 shot in Chicago over the weekend.

Where's the protest-riot BLM outrage over those killings of mostly young black men in the inner city? These death totals dwarf anything done by the police across an entire nation over the course of a full year....and yet we're hearing little from BLM on this topic. I guess it doesn't fit the narrative/agenda. These communities are suffering not because we need to defund the police, but because we have insufficient policing resources in our inner cities.

It wasn't so long ago that Democrats like Bill Clinton understood this...and he called for adding 100,000 cops to police forces across the country. But the party has pulled itself so far Left into the Marxist zone that it can no longer offer any real solutions to national problems...it simply emotes anger and calls for radicalsim via violently imposed changes.

Disparity and institutional racism flow from economic disadvantage, and the only way to fix it is to provide MORE policing in the inner city and to create job and education incentives to help pull people out of poverty. We need to invest in a total reform of the public school system in inner cities...if there's anything that needs radical reform its public schools.

Yes, we need to reform policing in these areas with better training and community outreach programs being integral to that reform...not pull the police back from these neighborhoods or defund them. Defunding the police will only put more black men and black families in danger...making it harder for them to escape the institutional poverty in which they are currently trapped.

Last edited:
here we go with the conspiracy crap .

Well, they openly are a Marxist movement with a number of leaders who are avowed Marxists...so that's not much of a conspiracy.

From the horse's mouth: “We are trained Marxists,” Black Lives Matter co-founder Patrisse Cullors said, during an interview with Real News Network, further adding to the parallels between her movement and the rise of Mao Zedong’s Marxist movement in China.

Reactions: unclesammy
lol , proof ?

Plenty of it. I personally know of a few who got minor in possession
tickets--underage drinking who were put on probation even though they werent on university property. If you were in a fraternity you were targeted and the IC police were in cahoots with the university so they got reported. Next

Shaun King, BLM activist, has just hinted to his followers to take down all statues of Jesus or stained glass windows with Jesus because it's a sign of white supremacy. OK, I think they've finally crossed my line. If BLM appears anywhere on a helmet or uniform I will no longer be supporting the Hawk football team.

Well, they openly are a Marxist movement with a number of leaders who are avowed Marxists...so that's not much of a conspiracy.

From the horse's mouth: “We are trained Marxists,” Black Lives Matter co-founder Patrisse Cullors said, during an interview with Real News Network, further adding to the parallels between her movement and the rise of Mao Zedong’s Marxist movement in China.

Nice, here is a direct quote from you “ no one is comparing BLM to "regimes“, in another post. You’re a phony to perpetuate this info to your cohorts who aren’t sharp enough to understand the real connection between BLM and the marxist undertones. The birth of this movement is to tie together the threads of the various struggles against police violence, economic injustice, political disenfranchisement and social alienation.

Reactions: JStandefer
here we go with the conspiracy crap .

Wow, think man, do your research. The only reason this nonsense is gaining ground is people like you and your lemming like following of whatever you hear from the left. Do you think Lenin, Mao, Tito came to power by promising millions would starve and die and you will wait in line for hours for TP.

Nice, here is a direct quote from you “ no one is comparing BLM to "regimes“, in another post. You’re a phony to perpetuate this info to your cohorts who aren’t sharp enough to understand the real connection between BLM and the marxist undertones. The birth of this movement is to tie together the threads of the various struggles against police violence, economic injustice, political disenfranchisement and social alienation.

I’m not comparing them to regimes...I’m comparing them to other Commie insurgent movements. Are they not by their own leader’s admission “trained Marxists”? Is anything I’ve stated factually incorrect? I’d say you’re upset over what is clearly an inconvenient truth.

Shaun King, BLM activist, has just hinted to his followers to take down all statues of Jesus or stained glass windows with Jesus because it's a sign of white supremacy. OK, I think they've finally crossed my line. If BLM appears anywhere on a helmet or uniform

I’m certainly not defending Mr. King, just know he was responding to the premise of white pictures of a man who would have most certainly looked something like this.

They aren’t your property. And if the kneeling bothers you don’t watch. Or stay home and spank your monkey. Nobody cares. You were never a fan.
Typical lib response, either you agree or you are the enemy...the tolerance just spews from their bones...

They aren’t your property. And if the kneeling bothers you don’t watch. Or stay home and spank your monkey. Nobody cares. You were never a fan.

How old are you? You have the thought process of a child.

Never a fan because one doesnt approve of players actions?
Spank your monkey?
They arent your property????

Where did you learn these communication skills?

By making a donation a donor has certain expectations. The student athlete actually makes a contract when he agrees to accept having his schooling , room and board and full cost of attendance stipend. He agrees to represent the university, fans and donors well on the field, class room and community. Making a personal political statement by disrespecting the flag and National Anthem is in direct conflict with that agreement.

Athletic Departments run on money. When players actions are in conflict with donors beliefs they will vote with their wallets. That doesnt make them any less a fan.

You are certainly free to disagree.

ps since you like to degrade what other donate please enlighten us on the amount of
your donations. That is if you do donate.

Last edited:
Who cares what you donate? Again, if it upsets you so much don’t donate or go to the games. If you played in the 70’s or whatever good for you. Kirk has said he’s supporting whatever the players choose to do. And it also looks as if Barta is going to do the same. If you and others have the power to stop it go ahead. Protest in your own way by not donating or going to the games. You have that right as well. Is that coming together enough for you? You are the one that can’t accept what’s happening. FYI I don’t donate anything if that matters. If you think that makes you important enough to stop what is happening then by all means do it.

Who cares what you donate? Again, if it upsets you so much don’t donate or go to the games. If you played in the 70’s or whatever good for you. Kirk has said he’s supporting whatever the players choose to do. And it also looks as if Barta is going to do the same. If you and others have the power to stop it go ahead. Protest in your own way by not donating or going to the games. You have that right as well. Is that coming together enough for you? You are the one that can’t accept what’s happening. FYI I don’t donate anything if that matters. If you think that makes you important enough to stop what is happening then by all means do it.

Hey you were the jackass who disparaged somebody else with the 200 dollar donation comment. Fact is if you donate nothing you have no business talking about those that do. I dont expect a child like yourself to understand that.

Yep, you just made my point. You think because you donate you should have some say in the program. You’re a big time booster. I don’t care what you do. Again, go complain to Barta or Kirk if you don’t like it big shot.

Yep, you just made my point. You think because you donate you should have some say in the program. You’re a big time booster. I don’t care what you do. Again, go complain to Barta or Kirk if you don’t like it big shot.

Sometime in the very near future I suggest you take a course in reading
comprehension. Comprehension of the spoken and written word doesnt seem to be one of your strong suits. There are other areas that could use vast improvement as well but that would be a good start.

Really got me. I’ll take a knee on that one. Now go donate some money to make yourself feel important.

By making a donation a donor has certain expectations. The student athlete actually makes a contract when he agrees to accept having his schooling , room and board and full cost of attendance stipend. He agrees to represent the university, fans and donors well on the field, class room and community. Making a personal political statement by disrespecting the flag and National Anthem is in direct conflict with that agreement.

Athletic Departments run on money. When players actions are in conflict with donors beliefs they will vote with their wallets. That doesnt make them any less a fan.

Once Ferentz gave the players the right to vote on the matter they are no longer making a personal political statement. They have a contract for all the benefits associated with their free education not tied to a single (or plurality of) donors belief system. They earned the tigerhawk they wear on game day and we pay for ours.

Donating gets you the rights to purchase a seat not to make specific demands of the AD or the HC. They, I am sure, tactfully and respectably hear out your point of view but the decision is made and it is only up to those with pads on. Not those of us in padded seats.

No fan is expected to join them. Logistically not sure there is room to if we were. If you would like to protest with your wallet or your remote it is your right and one I hope you do not make in haste.

We will not know possibly until the week of the 1st game if anyone will be allowed in Kinnick including the team so how it makes anyone actually feel is just an assumption even if you feel certain today.

Reactions: littlez
Shaun King, BLM activist, has just hinted to his followers to take down all statues of Jesus or stained glass windows with Jesus because it's a sign of white supremacy. OK, I think they've finally crossed my line. If BLM appears anywhere on a helmet or uniform I will no longer be supporting the Hawk football team.

I really don't understand why King decided to use this as an argument unless his goal is to simply incite racial violence. I have a Masters in Divinity and I understand that Jesus has been anglicized. Jesus was Jewish and likely had more of an olive toned skin but as is the case of many Israelites today he would certainly have passed for white and is likely depicted as white because the central leadership of the Church migrated to Rome in the early 1st and 2nd Century.

That being said almost EVERY culture has chosen to depict Jesus in their own image. I've seen portrayals of black Jesus and Asian Jesus, Mexican/Latin Jesus and a more Mediterranean olive toned Jesus is depictions throughout the world. I don't think ethnicizing Jesus is racial in any way. Instead, cultures have always created Jesus in their own image as man is created in God's image.

Of course, King's attack on representations of Jesus might not have anything to do with race. It might simply be a way of moving towards Marxism/Communism by making the first attempt to strip religious liberty from our culture.

I believe everyone has a right to worship as they please, no matter what God or deity they worship and the right to choose not to worship or believe in God as long as their worship/non-worship does not create harm to any other individual.

My biggest concern with everything going on is that the Constitution and the core principles that built this nation are on the verge of collapse and unless action is abrupt, this country is in for some very painful years.

As I know that there are many Christians who are active in their faith among the players and coaches alike, I wonder how they will react to this news.

Reactions: unclesammy
Once Ferentz gave the players the right to vote on the matter they are no longer making a personal political statement. They have a contract for all the benefits associated with their free education not tied to a single (or plurality of) donors belief system. They earned the tigerhawk they wear on game day and we pay for ours.

Donating gets you the rights to purchase a seat not to make specific demands of the AD or the HC. They, I am sure, tactfully and respectably hear out your point of view but the decision is made and it is only up to those with pads on. Not those of us in padded seats.

No fan is expected to join them. Logistically not sure there is room to if we were. If you would like to protest with your wallet or your remote it is your right and one I hope you do not make in haste.

We will not know possibly until the week of the 1st game if anyone will be allowed in Kinnick including the team so how it makes anyone actually feel is just an assumption even if you feel certain today.

When you vote its still a personal issue whether its done collectively or not.
Tigerhawk has nothing to do with this conversation but nice straw man.

You are naive if you think donors dont have sway with in the Athletic Dept and University. More coaches are fired by the fund raising arm of
of Universities than you can imagine. Where do you think the contract buyout money comes from. Some Universities all of the coaches salaries come from donors.
Donors also dont like players who get in trouble and embarrass the program and university.
There is a reason repeat offenders are sent packing.

I never make decisions in haste. Everything is fully researched and all sides opinions are looked at.

Anything in relation to fans attending games right now is very fluid. I do know that there will be social distancing. Which means not all season ticket holders will be able to attend. With that thought in mind I gave up my two seats this year but allowed then to keep my donations. Future donations will be determined on what happens administratively this year.
in the future.

When you vote its still a personal issue whether its done collectively or not.
Tigerhawk has nothing to do with this conversation but nice straw man.

You are naive if you think donors dont have sway with in the Athletic Dept and University. More coaches are fired by the fund raising arm of
of Universities than you can imagine. Where do you think the contract buyout money comes from. Some Universities all of the coaches salaries come from donors.
Donors also dont like players who get in trouble and embarrass the program and university.
There is a reason repeat offenders are sent packing.

I never make decisions in haste. Everything is fully researched and all sides opinions are looked at.

Anything in relation to fans attending games right now is very fluid. I do know that there will be social distancing. Which means not all season ticket holders will be able to attend. With that thought in mind I gave up my two seats this year but allowed then to keep my donations. Future donations will be determined on what happens administratively this year.
in the future.

Not about straws. Know more than a few people who got rid of tickets and regretted it once the season started.

Please keep in mind how many other student athletes in unrelated sports may end up with a portion of your donation in subsequent years. We should be due a very successful winter sports run this season. Obviously your call.

I will be there between the 40s in my 4 as many games as allowed so you are welcome to play 'Where's Waldo' every time the camera pans to the stands with whatever your guess is I look like. Hope you are not one of the people around me I enjoy on game day! (I mean that kindly to those from all past years)

Go Hawks!

Not about straws. Know more than a few people who got rid of tickets and regretted it once the season started.

Please keep in mind how many other student athletes in unrelated sports may end up with a portion of your donation in subsequent years. We should be due a very successful winter sports run this season. Obviously your call.

I will be there between the 40s in my 4 as many games as allowed so you are welcome to play 'Where's Waldo' every time the camera pans to the stands with whatever your guess is I look like. Hope you are not one of the people around me I enjoy on game day! (I mean that kindly to those from all past years)

Go Hawks!

Im going to miss not sitting in my regular seats if I come back. Sec 108 on the 20 aisle seats. But being a former player they always have tickets for us. Especially the first game of the year for the all players reunion and the last game for the tunnel of honor. It looks like Im only going to be able to make it for the last game this year. (hopefully)

I’m not naive about the donors. Ferentz in my opinion has earned the right after 20 some years of coaching to see this thing through. And it looks like Barta is right with him on that but was very clear at his press conference that he is standing behind the players after getting rid of Doyle. I think he was embarrassed by what has happened. If we come out and win the division and finally beat Wisconsin and the players are in solidarity about kneeling, are the donors going to try and stop it all? As was said earlier, being a donor gets you a seat in the stadium. Being a bigger donor gets you a better seat. It doesn’t allow you to tell Barta or Kirk how to run the program or their athletic department.

I’m not naive about the donors. Ferentz in my opinion has earned the right after 20 some years of coaching to see this thing through. And it looks like Barta is right with him on that but was very clear at his press conference that he is standing behind the players after getting rid of Doyle. I think he was embarrassed by what has happened. If we come out and win the division and finally beat Wisconsin and the players are in solidarity about kneeling, are the donors going to try and stop it all? As was said earlier, being a donor gets you a seat in the stadium. Being a bigger donor gets you a better seat. It doesn’t allow you to tell Barta or Kirk how to run the program or their athletic department.

This what they call making up a scenario to fit your agenda.

As you further your education(hopefully) you must learn about "cause and affect" Cause and affect doest work after the fact.

Whats amusing is the fact you really have no clue on how all of this works.
Even though your immaturity wont let you shut up about it.

50% of Americans think kneeling during the anthem is disrespectful. My dad and his 2 brothers are all military and will stop watching Hawk games if they kneel. My dad has only watched a handful of games since the kneeling in the NFL. All three are conservatives. My father in law and his 1 of his brothers fought in Korea or Vietnam and are liberal. One doesn't think they should kneel, but thinks it's their right to kneel. My father in law is also very upset about the thought of them kneeling. They do not attend games, but watch most Hawk games on TV. They both will probably will continue to watch as long as they don't have to see the kneeling which I'm sure all networks will be showing the replay of the kneeling because it fits their narrative. I think it's going to happen and their will be substantial backlash (attendance/booster money).

Effects of Kneeling = No need to fly the Hawkeye flag on Saturdays. 65 years old and have watched the Hawkeyes for many years but when they take a knee I will turn it off.

Be sure and forward those sentiments to the AD and head FB coach. I have.

Wow, think man, do your research. The only reason this nonsense is gaining ground is people like you and your lemming like following of whatever you hear from the left. Do you think Lenin, Mao, Tito came to power by promising millions would starve and die and you will wait in line for hours for TP.

Well, if you all decide to forego Iowa football because the Iowa team decides to kneel, so be it. I doubt any of you will be missed, 'tis a pity your egos and adherence to your own myopic opinions outweigh your allegiance to our founding father's ideals of allowance for peaceful protests.

Mind the door on your way out, if it hits you in your sizable backside, you may notice it carries some weight.

Well, if you all decide to forego Iowa football because the Iowa team decides to kneel, so be it. I doubt any of you will be missed, 'tis a pity your egos and adherence to your own myopic opinions outweigh your allegiance to our founding father's ideals of allowance for peaceful protests.

Mind the door on your way out, if it hits you in your sizable backside, you may notice it carries some weight.

Its seems it you who has forgotten about the founding fathers ideals. Or do those ideals only work for those on your side of the aisle? Voicing our displeasure is now not covered under those same tenants?

Its seems it you who has forgotten about the founding fathers ideals. Or do those ideals only work for those on your side of the aisle? Voicing our displeasure is now not covered under those same tenants?

I didn't say you can't have your opinion on that matter, or any other topic. Your opinion sucks, but at least you own it.

Carry on.

Reactions: littlez
Bizon it’s interesting that you joined 4 years ago but all of a sudden just decided to only post on this subject. And I love how you keep posting about my immaturity. I’m 56 years old. Own my own business and have had the same business for over 30 years. Let’s try another scenario, one that’s probably more likely to happen. 8-4, 9-3, 2nd in the conference and a bowl game against an SEC team which is pretty likely, wouldn’t you say? Does that get the boosters like yourself (assuming you are what you say you are) still going to complain to Barta ? Are you going to stop supporting Ferentz after 21 years as the winningest coach in Iowa history? Do what you have to do. The University is bigger than all of this. It will be fine. Guessing all of us will be as well.

Reactions: citizenHawk
Bizon it’s interesting that you joined 4 years ago but all of a sudden just decided to only post on this subject. And I love how you keep posting about my immaturity. I’m 56 years old. Own my own business and have had the same business for over 30 years. Let’s try another scenario, one that’s probably more likely to happen. 8-4, 9-3, 2nd in the conference and a bowl game against an SEC team which is pretty likely, wouldn’t you say? Does that get the boosters like yourself (assuming you are what you say you are) still going to complain to Barta ? Are you going to stop supporting Ferentz after 21 years as the winningest coach in Iowa history? Do what you have to do. The University is bigger than all of this. It will be fine. Guessing all of us will be as well.

56 years old and the thought processes of a child? Impressive.
For example ---why would----when I became a member here have anything to do with me posting now????You think the Hawkeyes going 8-4 or 9-2 is going to change my mind on inappropriate protests involving the Flag and National anthem? A winning record is supposed to change belief systems?
Do you not have convictions?
That type of thinking reminds me of Miami and all the crap the players pulled but it was over looked by their fans and university because---look at their record.

You would have been better off to act like an adult and just say---
We agree to disagree and leave it at that. Do you have that in you?

Bottom line is I dont feel its appropriate to make a political statement using the Flag and the National Anthem to make a personal political statement. I feel its disrespectful.

You dont feel its inappropriate.

We will just have to agree to disagree.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT