ADVERTISEMENT

Fant Tweet

If you respond to that tweet their family members will fire back with whiny tweets. They're easy to troll.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say they are related.

https://twitter.com/CoachFant45?ref....forums.rivals.com/threads/fant-tweet.245951/

Kaleb Timmsen‏@KTimmsen Sep 22

Twice iowa had the ball inside the redzone. Twice iowa had noah fant in one on one coverage. Twice they ran the ball. Twice they got stuffed. Throw the stud tight end the ball.

0 replies 4 retweets 12 likes

"Fant, Epenesa and Toren Young should all be second string."

Signed,
Village-idiot.jpg

Reactions: sob5
The individual is never bigger than the team. The TE spot at Iowa requires both participation in the running game AND the passing game. If Fant were a shadow of the blocker we'd hope him to be ... our running game would be much more prolific now than it is currently.

The message that the Iowa coaches are sending Noah is pretty obvious. If he wants to see more snaps ... he needs to prove that he can be a more versatile TE.

Hockenson is the best OVERALL TE on the team at this point. Chris needs to understand that having off the chart measurables does not equate to being a better player. I don’t hear AJ’s dad crying about him splitting time with Hesse. Someone needs to grow up.
It's a common misconception. Being really athletic and being faster doesn't always equate to being the better player. You're the best player if you execute the best ... if you have the best production on the field. For a TE ... production means both how you contribute in BOTH the passing game AND the running game. When the TEs, OL, and FB are blocking well ... the rushing numbers ought to be better too.

How folks have been positioning Noah on draft boards has largely been attributable to his number of TD catches AND his raw measurables. It also definitely helps that he's been coached by Iowa's coaches.

As far as I know, the coaches love both Noah and TJ ... however, their choices on how they use the players are entirely based on what the guys show they can do on the field (and in practice). It's pretty clear that Noah still has to earn more trust from the coaches as a blocker.

To Noah's credit ... the coaches always publicly speak highly of him and are positive about his work-ethics. I hope that he embraces what he needs to do in order to be truly great ... rather than relying on the standard excuse ... like the one his family member is using (that he isn't being utilized adequately well).

I saw what I believe was his family leaving the game early yesterday (unless a group of 4-5 people just randomly wear Fant jerseys and travel together). They seemed pissed.

It's a common misconception. Being really athletic and being faster doesn't always equate to being the better player. You're the best player if you execute the best ... if you have the best production on the field. For a TE ... production means both how you contribute in BOTH the passing game AND the running game. When the TEs, OL, and FB are blocking well ... the rushing numbers ought to be better too.

How folks have been positioning Noah on draft boards has largely been attributable to his number of TD catches AND his raw measurables. It also definitely helps that he's been coached by Iowa's coaches.

As far as I know, the coaches love both Noah and TJ ... however, their choices on how they use the players are entirely based on what the guys show they can do on the field (and in practice). It's pretty clear that Noah still has to earn more trust from the coaches as a blocker.

To Noah's credit ... the coaches always publicly speak highly of him and are positive about his work-ethics. I hope that he embraces what he needs to do in order to be truly great ... rather than relying on the standard excuse ... like the one his family member is using (that he isn't being utilized adequately well).

C.J. Fiedorwicz, anyone?

Dealing with piss off family members is an everyday active for college coaches it's usually not on social media.

Yeah but it's pretty pathetic when that family member is a high school football coach. Cuz you know damn well he gets the same crap thrown at him too.
Btw some college stats:
Tony Gonzalez- 1308 yds/ 8 Tds
Jimmy Graham - 213 yds/ 5 tds
Travis Kelce - 875 yds / 10 tds

Noah Fant - 760 yds / 17 tds (so far)

Absolutely in line to have a fantastic college career. There is no problem

C.J. Fiedorwicz, anyone?
Fiedorowicz put himself on a pedestal ... even as a player ... even without having the production on the field. The coaches tried their best to keep him grounded ... because he certainly was a talented guy. Ultimately, he developed into a pretty good player.

From everything I've heard - the coaches haven't yet had to try to keep Noah grounded. However, given all the praise and attention he's been receiving ... it's clearly something that's been starting to go to the heads of some of his family members.

It's natural for a family member to advocate for their relation ... but it's also a matter of respect to defer to the coaches and understand that their decisions are informed by much more than what the family members know about. This ought to especially be the case given Iowa's track-record developing TEs.

Fiedorowicz put himself on a pedestal ... even as a player ... even without having the production on the field. The coaches tried their best to keep him grounded ... because he certainly was a talented guy. Ultimately, he developed into a pretty good player.

From everything I've heard - the coaches haven't yet had to try to keep Noah grounded. However, given all the praise and attention he's been receiving ... it's clearly something that's been starting to go to the heads of some of his family members.

It's natural for a family member to advocate for their relation ... but it's also a matter of respect to defer to the coaches and understand that their decisions are informed by much more than what the family members know about. This ought to especially be the case given Iowa's track-record developing TEs.

Agree 100%.

Some of Fant’s family has been outspoken since his recruitment. Seems like Noah is able to comparatmentalize. He’s never showed a bad attitude on the field or in interviews. There are no whispers he’s been bad for chemistry. He’s regularly feature in football videos.

Hockenson is the best OVERALL TE on the team at this point. Chris needs to understand that having off the chart measurables does not equate to being a better player. I don’t hear AJ’s dad crying about him splitting time with Hesse. Someone needs to grow up.
I love both of our TE's, and think they are the best in BiG, maybe the best pair in college football. But, if I had to start a team and could only keep one, Hock is my man, he can do it all.

I love both of our TE's, and think they are the best in BiG, maybe the best pair in college football. But, if I had to start a team and could only keep one, Hock is my man, he can do it all.
Both the success of Hock and Noah ... it plays off of each other ... particularly when they're on the field at the same time.

The advantage with TJ is that when he's on the field - it helps both the running game and the passing game. When Noah's on the field ... it can tip things off to the opposing D. That's part of the reason why Brian has been trying to use him as a decoy as well ... he's trying to find other creative ways to KEEP him on the field. However, it would be even better if Noah's blocking kept him on the field.

I think both guys are terrific ... and I refuse to choose between either one.

I wish this guy was like Epenesa's father.

Eppy is much smarter than this
I saw what I believe was his family leaving the game early yesterday (unless a group of 4-5 people just randomly wear Fant jerseys and travel together). They seemed pissed.

I don’t claim to anything about the Fant family but have coached college players that were being scouted for the draft. It can be difficult when overbearing parents or family members start to see $ signs. KF’s job is to win football games not increase Noah’s draft status. Like I said earlier in the thread there have been times when I saw Fant on the sideline while in the red zone and wondered why he was not out there. However I do trust this staff that they are doing what is best for the team.

The individual is never bigger than the team. The TE spot at Iowa requires both participation in the running game AND the passing game. If Fant were a shadow of the blocker we'd hope him to be ... our running game would be much more prolific now than it is currently.

The message that the Iowa coaches are sending Noah is pretty obvious. If he wants to see more snaps ... he needs to prove that he can be a more versatile TE.
I remember all of the rep that CJ Fed came in with. He was actually a much higher rated recruit out of high school then Fant. It took him a couple of seasons to see regular playing time because he wasn't buying into the blocking work. Fant has played regularly since he got to Iowa, and its pretty ignorant to watch him destroy the all time record for TD's for a TE that produces many standouts, and still have almost two full seasons if he so chooses, and then complain that he's not being utilized. I would imagine that most of the GM's in the NFL will be quick to dismiss this type of complaint.

Willie, his father, retweeted the tweet above and has also retweeted other comments regarding Noah’s “lack” of playtime this season.

Phucking joke. The Fants are just seeing dollar signs now.

Reactions: WestIAHawk
Fant had approximately 47 snaps, AJ Epenesa had 25. AJ is the one who needs to see the field more. 30-35 snaps for Epenesa by my expert analysis.

Willie, his father, retweeted the tweet above and has also retweeted other comments regarding Noah’s “lack” of playtime this season.

Phucking joke. The Fants are just seeing dollar signs now.

Assuming Willie is Noah's father, this is a total embarrassment. Calling the program mediocre and bashing the 8-5 record last year. Noah seems like a good kid, I hope this is fake. Otherwise, I feel sorry for him.

Last edited:
Reactions: LaQuintaHawkeye

GDGD sure kept him grounded.

Looks like daddy is doing a great job getting roasted. Just delete your Twitter...

Not a good look from his support team. Keep any frustrations in house. Plus, the kid gets plenty of looks, not sure why the complaint. Saves him a possible injury for a kid who is going to have an opportunity to make a lot of money in the future playing this game.

Noah's father is a total embarrassment. Calling the program his son plays for mediocre and bashing the 8-5 record last year. Noah seems like a good kid, I feel sorry for him.

Sounds like the dad needs to grow up! Hopefully Noah tells him to STFU. Come to the games and cheer for him and the team

Team is more important than an individual. If this has any affect on the team, I hope the coaches will do whatever is necessary for it to not become a distraction .

Reactions: Hawkcop
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT