ADVERTISEMENT

Feenstra introduces social security bill

Yep, there were no problems until they put that f***ing cap on it. Put that back and they should be able to lower the retirement age and quit screwing the the amounts people draw.

Add a few % to the tax rate for >$150k

Tack on a 50% cap gains tax on stock buybacks that goes to SS (you pay on the gain from when the company issued the shares for the buybacks)

Yep, there were no problems until they put that f***ing cap on it. Put that back and they should be able to lower the retirement age and quit screwing the the amounts people draw.
It’s always had a cap, so by your logic it has always had problems.

This thread will be full of misinformation about FDR’s Ponzi.

Social Security taxes were first collected in January 1937, with workers and employers each paying one percent of the first $3,000 in wages and salary.

Over twenty tax increases since then from two percent to 12.4%, and still structurally insolvent.

Reactions: goldmom
Why the **** would you want that?!?
Because people are living longer and also many seniors want to continue working. I didn’t touch SSI until I was 68. And aside from a year off I worked until I was 71, where many of my coworkers were also “seniors”. Go into a Home Depot or a WalMart or any retail store and note the older work force. Retired part timers are filling positions others don’t want or can’t support a family on.
There’s a growing popularity and trend among older workers to delay SSI until it maxes out at 70 because of the higher benefits. If that continues then more are still paying into the system and that’s not a bad thing.

Reactions: RicoSuave102954
Because people are living longer and also many seniors want to continue working. I didn’t touch SSI until I was 68. And aside from a year off I worked until I was 71, where many of my coworkers were also “seniors”. Go into a Home Depot or a WalMart or any retail store and note the older work force. Retired part timers are filling positions others don’t want or can’t support a family on.
There’s a growing popularity and trend among older workers to delay SSI until it maxes out at 70 because of the higher benefits. If that continues then more are still paying into the system and that’s not a bad thing.
I have no interest whatsoever in working longer.

Hi Bill, they call me Medicaid Pete. Not sure how we got nicknames after federal programs but it’s nice to meet someone I can relate to

Reactions: THE_DEVIL
$34 Trillion.

Nobody was better at managing the national debt than Trump. I say we give him another shot at fixing entitlement programs.

ouOgxeN.jpeg

Nobody was better at managing the national debt than Trump. I say we give him another shot at fixing entitlement programs.

ouOgxeN.jpeg
Biden will exceed him
Biden left out that the debt on his watch is on pace to exceed Trump’s one-term debt accumulation by the end of his current term, Jan. 20, 2025. During his first three years, Biden had already accumulated $6.32 trillion in debt. For his final year, the nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office has projected a deficit of $1.582 trillion. Add those two figures together, and you get $7.902 trillion as Biden’s four-year total.

Biden will exceed him
Biden left out that the debt on his watch is on pace to exceed Trump’s one-term debt accumulation by the end of his current term, Jan. 20, 2025. During his first three years, Biden had already accumulated $6.32 trillion in debt. For his final year, the nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office has projected a deficit of $1.582 trillion. Add those two figures together, and you get $7.902 trillion as Biden’s four-year total.

I believe $8.4 trillion is a larger #.

Math.

And you’re minimizing the 10-year contribution of Trump’s tax cuts to Biden’s “debt”

I believe $8.4 trillion is a larger #.

Math.

And you’re minimizing the 10-year contribution of Trump’s tax cuts to Biden’s “debt”
I was posting from an article that says the US treasury says 7.8 under Trump.

They are operating at a 1.5 trillion deficit right now. So if Biden wins 4 more years that’s another $6 trillion.

Neither party in Washington honestly gives two shots about the national debt. It’s a talking point for elections.

I let’s ally think they should be required to pass a balance budget each year. Increase taxes across the board and draconian spending cuts.

We are taxing the rich,.. Who do you think pays a majority of current taxes?, the poor?
The “rich” should pay a majority of taxes, dumbass….they are the ones with the money! They should probably pay more…..why should a working stiff who punches “in and out” daily pay a higher percentage of his/her wagers than a “rich” person? Why shouldn’t a corporation pay income taxes? Corporations are nothing more than tax dodges…..we all understand that!

The “rich” should pay a majority of taxes, dumbass….they are the ones with the money! They should probably pay more…..why should a working stiff who punches “in and out” daily pay a higher percentage of his/her wagers than a “rich” person? Why shouldn’t a corporation pay income taxes? Corporations are nothing more than tax dodges…..we all understand that!

The rich already do pay a majority of taxes,.. The average working stiff does not pay a higher percentage of his or her wages in taxes than the average rich person,.. Corporations do pay taxes,.. You appear to understand very little.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT