ADVERTISEMENT

Fran bristles when asked about this season

For all the value you place on the loss of Jok from last year's team he not only is not playing on an NBA roster like some thought he might he is barely seeing the floor in the G League. He has only averaged 13.4 minutes a game in 17 of the Northern Arizona Suns 19-19 record in 38 games. Jok's lack of playing time even in the G League probably like this years Hawkeye team's offensive records are quite good but they allow the defense to score more.

Reactions: Stink_Stallion
Schools do not hang banners for Round of 32 losses- they do hang them for Sweet 16 appearances. By the way, Fran's next Sweet 16 will be his first.

Iowa hangs banners for NIT appearances. Your response was massively ignorant.

For all the value you place on the loss of Jok from last year's team he not only is not playing on an NBA roster like some thought he might he is barely seeing the floor in the G League. He has only averaged 13.4 minutes a game in 17 of the Northern Arizona Suns 19-19 record in 38 games. Jok's lack of playing time even in the G League probably like this years Hawkeye team's offensive records are quite good but they allow the defense to score more.

College and the pros are 2 different beasts just as high school to college. A great player in college does not always translate to the next level. The G league is littered with former college greats. Go to a game and just look at the rosters to be stunned.

Pete has work to do in order to get on the court at that level. Some of those things showed up in college too. You put him back on this team for one more year and we win 10+ league games. His pro’s outweighed his cons and covered up a lot of issues from last year.

People shouldn't be bringing it up because honestly its none of anyone's business but Barta and Fran.
Uber-loyal fans are a big part of the problem...

giphy-21.gif

Fran is the CEO of the Iowa basketball program. As such, your responsibility includes God and bad. A good leader does his best in the bad times and helps lead the organization out of the situation. Fran's response indicates he does not want or understand this responsibility which includes Barta, fans, media and most importantly his players. Right now, he is failing as our CEO

Reactions: HawkIDrummer
Uber-loyal fans are a big part of the problem...

giphy-21.gif
I'm not particularly loyal to Fran but private employee to boss conversations are no business of the public, ever. If by chance he is willing to answer those questions thats his business but people expecting him to answer that question are not thinking straight.

Reactions: GenericHawk
I'm not particularly loyal to Fran but private employee to boss conversations are no business of the public, ever. If by chance he is willing to answer those questions thats his business but people expecting him to answer that question are not thinking straight.
What I was trying to say when I jumped in early in the thread.
All of us would be pissed if asked this question by john Q public.
He only has to answer to Barta.

Fran is the CEO of the Iowa basketball program. As such, your responsibility includes God and bad. A good leader does his best in the bad times and helps lead the organization out of the situation. Fran's response indicates he does not want or understand this responsibility which includes Barta, fans, media and most importantly his players. Right now, he is failing as our CEO
Explain how his response indicates any of that.

That really is a tough gig!;)

Reactions: ROCKY MOUNTAIN HAWK
giphy.gif

He can’t handle questions. He can’t handle the refs. Doesn’t act like an adult.

Why is any surprised by the team?

Got me. Maybe because they’ve won:
19-15 (10-8); 22-11 (12-6); 22-12 (12-6); 20-13 (9-9); 25-13 (9-9) over the last five years.

So yeah, consider me a tiny bit surprised when their record is 12-18 (3-14).

Last edited:
He can’t handle questions. He can’t handle the refs. Doesn’t act like an adult.

Why is any surprised by the team?

19-5 (10-8); 22-11 (12-6); 22-12 (12-6); 20-13 (9-9); 25-13 (9-9) over the last five years.

Imagine how surprised everyone would be if two of Frans better teams didn’t have those collapses to end the year.

I think the farther removed we are from Dr Tom, the greater his legend grows. Dr Tom was a pretty good coach, no question, but Iowa was trending downward towards the end of his tenure. The lame duck year set the Iowa program back without question. Blame whoever you want for that.

Mary Sue Coleman because that was all her idea.

19-15 (10-8); 22-11 (12-6); 22-12 (12-6); 20-13 (9-9); 25-13 (9-9) over the last five years.

And when it counts ?

His temper tantrums are being used against him in recruiting. The only people that San act like that are coaches that get it done in March.

Reactions: Stink_Stallion
And when it counts ?

His temper tantrums are being used against him in recruiting. The only people that San act like that are coaches that get it done in March.

Complete nonsense. Do you have some inside knowledge or a link you can share to prove this?

try looking at the current roster for a start--not as hard as you think.

So you don’t have have a link or any insider info. Thanks for your input.

I see:
Garza 4*
Cook 4*
Moss 4* / 3*
Bohannon 4* / 3*
Ellingson 3*
Nunge 3*
Pemsl 3*
Kriener 3*

————————
Incoming:
Wieskamp 4*
Fredrick 3*
P McCaffery 4*

So you don’t have have a link or any insider info. Thanks for your input.

I see:
Garza 4*
Cook 4*
Moss 4* / 3*
Bohannon 4* / 3*
Ellingson 3*
Nunge 3*
Pemsl 3*
Kriener 3*

————————
Incoming:
Wieskamp 4*
Fredrick 3*
P McCaffery 4*

So you're basing this high level of talent on the fact there were many 3 stars from high school? Nice try chump.

3 wins in the league, which Lickliter never even did that bad, should tell any common sense person the talent level is not competitive. You have no common sense though.

So you're basing this high level of talent on the fact there were many 3 stars from high school? Nice try chump.

3 wins in the league, which Lickliter never even did that bad, should tell any common sense person the talent level is not competitive. You have no common sense though.

Okay chump, lol.

So you still have no inside information or a link that FM’s behavior is used against Iowa in recruiting. Yet you keep spouting off. You have no common sense.

Okay chump, lol.

So you still have no inside information or a link that FM’s behavior is used against Iowa in recruiting. Yet you keep spouting off. You have no common sense.

The evidence is in the talent being recruited which is being showcased by a 3-14 B1G record. Still too hard for you chump?

The evidence is in the talent being recruited which is being showcased by a 3-14 B1G record. Still too hard for you chump?

So because Iowa is (3-14) in the B1G, that’s proof that other coaches are using McCaffery’s behavior against Iowa when it comes to recruiting?

And I’m the chump? Muppet.

So because Iowa is (3-14) in the B1G, that’s proof that other coaches are using McCaffery’s behavior against Iowa when it comes to recruiting?

And I’m the chump? Muppet.

Doeesn't matter if his own behavior is being used against him or not chump....he simply isn't recruiting good enough talent. You can't see that through your gold and black glasses chump or your Hawkeye jammies riding up your crack a bit much?

So with the extension, Fran himself, knows he's not going anywhere. All he had to do was not act irritated at the question. You simply say, "The loss of 2 guards created problems at that those positions. Breaking in 2 big men who were freshmen always has ups and downs. In the off season we will be looking at every facet of our program to improve on next year. A season like this is never easy to live through". The clear irritation he showed at the question just fuels the speculation that he has a hard time controlling his temper

Doeesn't matter if his own behavior is being used against him or not chump....he simply isn't recruiting good enough talent. You can't see that through your gold and black glasses chump or your Hawkeye jammies riding up your crack a bit much?

Well, chump, it does matter when someone makes the claim that his behavior is being used against Iowa. Then you come in, in true chump fashion, and hijack the conversation like the chump that you are.

I asked for a link, a quote, some inside information, anything for Run&Blade to back up his claim. The fact that neither one of you can provide this tells me all I need to know who the chumps are.

Well, chump, it does matter when someone makes the claim that his behavior is being used against Iowa. Then you come in, in true chump fashion, and hijack the conversation like the chump that you are.

I asked for a link, a quote, some inside information, anything for Run&Blade to back up his claim. The fact that neither one of you can provide this tells me all I need to know who the chumps are.

Chump, how many Big 10 caliber players does Iowa currently have?

LOL, figures that's how a chump would answer. Predicted it. Another fanatic chump who can't tell the difference between his Hawkeye wet dreams and reality.

Figures. Continue on bad mouthing the players while still refusing to answer the original question you jumped into.

Muppet gonna muppet.

And when it counts ?

I agree 100%. His tantrum are now costing costing us calls. Would you want.your son playing for a crazy man. The cameras are keying on.him just waiting for another Fed con 5.

I think we all missed those years where Dr Tom went to the NCAA tournament every year.

Dr Tom’s last ten seasons at Iowa they went to tournament 6 out of the 10 years. His last 8 years they went 5 times. Iowa went to the tournament 9 out of 13 years under Dr Tom for 69% of the time. Roughly a third of the time, Iowa missed the dance. Hardly “every year” though.

I think the farther removed we are from Dr Tom, the greater his legend grows. Dr Tom was a pretty good coach, no question, but Iowa was trending downward towards the end of his tenure. The lame duck year set the Iowa program back without question. Blame whoever you want for that.

Didn't Dr. Tom take you guys to the Sweet 16 in his final season? He won the same amount of games in his final season as Fran as won his whole tenure at Iowa...

Didn't Dr. Tom take you guys to the Sweet 16 in his final season? He won the same amount of games in his final season as Fran as won his whole tenure at Iowa...

What does that have to do with Dr Tom not taking Iowa to the NCAA’s “every” year? It was one season.

This was already after his contract was not renewed. Followed by a season of losing in the opening round of the NIT at home. 11 seasons after going to Sweet Sixteen last and Dr Tom’s first time out of the round of 32 with “his” players.

Again, please tell me how one season has anything to do with going to the NCAA “every” year which is what you quoted me saying.

Reactions: mtown66
I just know I sure miss the good ole Dr Tom days, You know when Iowa was in the NCAAs every year and usually won the 1st rd games , had a few sweet 16 runs and an Elite 8 , But that wasn't good enough for people, so Iowa is getting a huge dose of karma . Fran is the anti Dr Tom and Barta is the person that should be on the spot and should have been fired long ago, He is flat out incompetent .
Oh puleeeeese! Stop with that asinine hairball crap. Davis had exactly one sweet sixteen run after Raveling's recruits left and he had a 4-14 and a 5-13 Big Ten season with his own recruits.And, no, Iowa was not in the NCAA's EVERY YEAR. Why do you feel the need to lie about that or are you just too damn stupid to know the truth?Iowa missed out approximately 33% of the time.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT