ADVERTISEMENT

FSU to the B1G

But I thought we didn't have anywhere to go!?

Confused Rooster Teeth GIF by Achievement Hunter

Well, you don't right now. Towing an anchor isn't going to make you any more attractive

• Haha
Reactions: BelemNole
UNC doesn't have the football pull of FSU - not even remotely - but they might be sitting in a better position since I think both the B1G and SEC would love to have them. The B1G will certainly jump on FSU but I'm not sure the Noles have any appeal to the SEC.
We only get an offer from the SEC in the attempt to keep the B1G out of Florida.

UNC doesn't have the football pull of FSU - not even remotely - but they might be sitting in a better position since I think both the B1G and SEC would love to have them. The B1G will certainly jump on FSU but I'm not sure the Noles have any appeal to the SEC.

The SEC would take us to keep the B1G/Fox out of Florida. Some SEC members, UFelon, Auburn and a few others, oppose us because they can't beat us with the massive conference advantage that currently exists. They want no part of us on equal footing,

A significant portion of our fanbase preferred the SEC over B1G, mostly because of proximity and thinking that SEC schools would be good for business in Tallahassee on game weekends. That changed in a big way after the playoff snub. It is safe to now say that the vast majority of the FSU fanbase wants nothing to do with the SEC.

You are correct. UNC will likely have offers from both P2 conferences

T382Rpe.jpg

FSU's appeal to the SEC is nothing more than keeping the B1G out of FL.

Edit: never mind. Apparently, there's an echo in here. ...and it's me.

UNC is talking now like FSU was talking just a few months ago.

The ACC as it has been is so cooked. The ACC is really being stupid by pressing this legally, at the risk of having the GOR voided. When Clemson or UNC join in lawsuits its just going to get uglier and expose more embarrassing details.

They're simply not going to be able to sue this thing back together, and when FSU and Clemson and UNC all want out, they're going to get out.

The ACC needs to cut a deal with a hefty settlement ($150M?) for the 3-5 schools that really want to leave and have somewhere to go, and are willing to pay for it. Then go about backfilling and stabilizing as a Big 12 caliber conference, or they're going to dissolve into nothing.

The ACC as it has been is so cooked. The ACC is really being stupid by pressing this legally, at the risk of having the GOR voided. When Clemson or UNC join in lawsuits its just going to get uglier and expose more embarrassing details.

They're simply not going to be able to sue this thing back together, and when FSU and Clemson and UNC all want out, they're going to get out.

The ACC needs to cut a deal with a hefty settlement ($150M?) for the 3-5 schools that really want to leave and have somewhere to go, and are willing to pay for it. Then go about backfilling and stabilizing as a Big 12 caliber conference, or they're going to dissolve into nothing.
We shouldn't pay them millions for having cost us millions through nepotism and malfeasance.

SMU, Cal and Stanford right now:

Season 2 Wtf GIF by Parks and Recreation

Supposedly the B1G already had a 2024 contingency schedule that includes FSU.
I’M TAILGATING AT KINNICK
I heard the same rumor. Just like the day FSU's NIL violations dropped, I heard many many more were coming and ours was small in comparison.

We only get an offer from the SEC in the attempt to keep the B1G out of Florida.
UM is still on the table though certainly less desirable...but it does have the benefit of being an AAU school. I don't think FSU is yet. Would that factor into the B1G decision? I seriously don't know. They could certainly use the possibility to make FSU less desirable to the SEC...keep us out of FL there...we'll just go here.

ffae90e50cbec0fb3e22e03c81e40cc2_w200.webp

let it burn and sit back and watch.....

m
UM is still on the table though certainly less desirable...but it does have the benefit of being an AAU school. I don't think FSU is yet. Would that factor into the B1G decision? I seriously don't know. They could certainly use the possibility to make FSU less desirable to the SEC...keep us out of FL there...we'll just go here.

According to one of the talking heads I listen to, the reason that Myamee and especially Notre Dame got into the AAU instead of FSU this go round is that the presidents of Wisconsin and Ohio State (universities connected to Miami’s Donna Shalala) plus Minnesota sponsored Myamee and Noter Lame as the Big Ten president council’s preferred entries. Our bid was just as good as Myamees and miles better than Noter Lame so we should have gotten in over them. But apparently between the Donna Shalala connection, the fact that Miami has become a major tech hub recently and the fact that they love that UM’s medical school has an entire hospital system connected directly to just it made Myamee the preference for the presidents.

But guess what….tv money is driving this so Myamee better get used to being in the backseat AGAIN.

According to one of the talking heads I listen to, the reason that Myamee and especially Notre Dame got into the AAU instead of FSU this go round is that the presidents of Wisconsin and Ohio State (universities connected to Miami’s Donna Shalala) plus Minnesota sponsored Myamee and Noter Lame as the Big Ten president council’s preferred entries. Our bid was just as good as Myamees and miles better than Noter Lame so we should have gotten in over them. But apparently between the Donna Shalala connection, the fact that Miami has become a major tech hub recently and the fact that they love that UM’s medical school has an entire hospital system connected directly to just it made Myamee the preference for the presidents.

But guess what….tv money is driving this so Myamee better get used to being in the backseat AGAIN.

That's believable.

If you want the college football conspiracy behind it, I would say that FSU, even as non-AAU but close, is already fully sold in among the B1G. We bring too much to the table, and will be AAU eventually.

But they also know we need a partner. Miami has nowhere near the success of FSU in the last two decades, they don't match the B1G institutional profile that well, they don't have any attendance, and they've got a history of malfeasance. If you're trying to give cover/reasoning for taking on Southern schools into the B1G, and FSU is going to need a partner, Miami getting AAU makes it's addition a lot more palatable.

I think Miami needed it more.

Swing by next time. We typically set up under the overhang entrance into the parking garage across from the Plex.
I park as close to that “bridge” over the ditch as I can get. My security detail insists on it. 😎

So, is FSU going to get in? Since it's no longer the Big 10, it might as well extend from the great Northwest to the great Southeast. And no Miami. I've hated them since Larry Lawrence and Tom Smith transferred there in 1968(69?).

So, is FSU going to get in? Since it's no longer the Big 10, it might as well extend from the great Northwest to the great Southeast. And no Miami. I've hated them since Larry Lawrence and Tom Smith transferred there in 1968(69?).

Would love to know what their goal really is. Be the first / biggest nationwide conference?

F2xenjZaEAUBHC5.jpg:large

If thats where Im going, I'd try to find the best schools to expand into the deep south, Texas and maybe another Cali school.

I'd plan and support an ACC collapse so I could get FSU, Clemson, Notre Dame, Virginia/UNC/Duke and then plan on picking up Stanford. Really evaluate the "who is left in Texas" which may not be worth it, but... Baylor may be a consideration just to have a TX presence since the best options are off the table. Depending on Baylor, might allow to get 2 of the Virginia/UNC/Duke schools which likely means UNC/Duke are a package. Duke brings a lot outside of football, and Big10 already has show some willingness to value non-football school (e.g. half of the existing Big10). I have always wondered if the Big10 (or any conference) should consider telling a school their services are no longer needed to free up space if 24 is the cap (e.g. Rutgers, Northwestern, Nebraska :) ).

If Im in the ACC right now, I am starting to squirm if I am a bunch of schools as, fingers crossed, they are about to get left behind.

Reactions: BelemNole
Would love to know what their goal really is. Be the first / biggest nationwide conference?

If thats where Im going, I'd try to find the best schools to expand into the deep south, Texas and maybe another Cali school.

I'd plan and support an ACC collapse so I could get FSU, Clemson, Notre Dame, Virginia/UNC/Duke and then plan on picking up Stanford. Really evaluate the "who is left in Texas" which may not be worth it, but... Baylor may be a consideration just to have a TX presence since the best options are off the table. Depending on Baylor, might allow to get 2 of the Virginia/UNC/Duke schools which likely means UNC/Duke are a package. Duke brings a lot outside of football, and Big10 already has show some willingness to value non-football school (e.g. half of the existing Big10). I have always wondered if the Big10 (or any conference) should consider telling a school their services are no longer needed to free up space if 24 is the cap (e.g. Rutgers, Northwestern, Nebraska :) ).

If Im in the ACC right now, I am starting to squirm if I am a bunch of schools as, fingers crossed, they are about to get left behind.

RE: Texas, if I'm the B1G I'm playing the long game on Texas. I think you would have a decent chance at either Texas or Texas A&M in another decade. Those are the only two brands that would really do anything for them.

I'm not sure Texas is built for the SEC. And Texas A&M isn't crazy about being in a conference with Texas. I think it's possible one of those could become gettable in ten years or something.

I'd look to grab FSU, Miami, Clemson, and either GT or UNC, and then set long term goals of adding Texas and ND in another decade.

Their goal is to ultimately become one of two megaconferences, which is what we're ultimately heading toward. FSU will land in one of the two, it's a matter of how fast we want to do it.

Reactions: DFSNOLE

"Florida State has filed a motion to dismiss the ACC lawsuit in North Carolina. I’m going through it now. As I said a week or so ago on James’s show this is the proper thing to do for many reasons not the least of which is the fact the ACC ran to the courthouse first and filed suit against us first without notice to its members or a 2/3 vote as required by the Constitution. Also those words we’ve been discussing - “sovereign immunity” are coming up now. Stay tuned."

"Motion to dismiss filed by the BOT against the ACC suit in Mecklenburg County, NC. 1) This is weak because a declaratory judgment action is, by definition, seeking a judicial opinion before a harm/breach occurs. 2) This is the big one. A pro forma dismissal is required, because the members did not approve of the filing first."

Reactions: DFSNOLE

"Motion to dismiss filed by the BOT against the ACC suit in Mecklenburg County, NC. 1) This is weak because a declaratory judgment action is, by definition, seeking a judicial opinion before a harm/breach occurs. 2) This is the big one. A pro forma dismissal is required, because the members did not approve of the filing first."

Has anyone estimated what the lawyer bills will end up costing everyone?

I’m wondering how this new streaming deal with Fox/ESPN/Warner/Discovery might affect our actions.

Any new photoshopped B1G logos from the FSU arsonists this week? Or are they still busy trying to burn down their own house?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT