ADVERTISEMENT

FSU to the B1G

I think he doesn't want the B1G to plant a flag/flags in SEC territory more.

Yeah, Small Slimebaum has ALWAYS hated FSU, it’s not an ESPN directive thing for him like it was for the other talking heads. He wrote this book in 1995

I-Hate-Florida-State-Finebaum-Paul-9781575871172.jpg

yep, though that's an sec brain talking; the territory has already been cannibalized by them, so it's a zero sum game.

To some degree that’s true….ish. You don’t really need Florida AND Florida State in the same conference because most fans enjoy watching the other lose and will at least record or tune in to most games except those that are clear victories Against weaklings. That’s one reason why FSU and Clemson to the Big Ten makes more sense. You not only get the eyeballs of FSU and Clemson fans you get eyeballs from fans of Hogtown and the lesser USC(e), but also fans of our close rivals like Jawja, Bama and UNC.

Sports attorney Mitt Winter......BSPN ACC friendly radio host....lawyer didn't add much which is probably why BSPN/ACC radio guy interviewed him. This video was a waste of time

Last edited:
I see that the FL Atty General is citing two NC cases in the letter. I don't know if they can actually do anything to force the ACC to disclose all of these documents short of filing a lawsuit. I'm not a lawyer and that's why I don't know.
I think at this point, it’s a request. I’m sure it will eventually end up as a suit and a subpoena for the documents will be issued. This in my non-attorney opinion speeds things up.

These are good. Not a lot new if you are following this everyday but good summary for those who aren’t following this closely.

FSU vs ACC: Attorney UPDATES - Seminoles EXPECT Good News SOON?

Earlier interview with the same lawyer

FSU vs ACC: Legal Expert Says One Side ALREADY has UPPER HAND

Last edited:
These are good. Not a lot new if you are following this everyday but good summary for those who aren’t following this closely.

FSU vs ACC: Attorney UPDATES - Seminoles EXPECT Good News SOON?

Earlier interview with the same lawyer

FSU vs ACC: Legal Expert Says One Side ALREADY has UPPER HAND

The two videos total almost an hour. Summary?

aint nobody got time for that GIF

The two videos total almost an hour. Summary?

aint nobody got time for that GIF

The lawyer discusses just about every aspect of this case from venue, to the likelihood that the endgame is a negotiated settlement, how long suits typically take, will this wind up in federal court, and about a half dozen other bullet points. I can't remember if he discusses the Swofford deal with Raycom so his son could have a nice job there.

What he did point out that I believe is accurate is that the networks will want this resolved in the next year. The CFP contract is up in the next year and ESPN will have to decide in 2025 if they want to extend the ACC deal through 2036. My thinking is that ESPN would extend the ACC if they know that FSU is locked in to the ACC until close to 2036 as they are getting our rights for dirt cheap. Without FSU, ESPN will punt on this pile of trash conference.

"This is way bigger than what most of us think. It really is. It’s corruption and corporate greed. I’m not surprised Florida is the battleground for it. Guess what else is here? That company with the mouse in Orlando that is involved with ESPN. All while FSU is suing to leave and could bring FOX down here with the B1G. They’re fighting back for a reason. And no I’m not a conspiracy theorist. You don’t need to be to know FSU is currently suing to get out of a GOR ESPN is a part of. The math just maths so to speak."

"This is way bigger than what most of us think. It really is. It’s corruption and corporate greed. I’m not surprised Florida is the battleground for it. Guess what else is here? That company with the mouse in Orlando that is involved with ESPN. All while FSU is suing to leave and could bring FOX down here with the B1G. They’re fighting back for a reason. And no I’m not a conspiracy theorist. You don’t need to be to know FSU is currently suing to get out of a GOR ESPN is a part of. The math just maths so to speak."
I've heard this conspiracy theory and believe it's just that.

Speculation among some is that this is the beginning of settlement talks. I have no clue as I’m not an attorney. @FSUTribe76 , thoughts?

If anyone finds a copy of the entire amended complaint, post a link here and I’ll look over it and give a full assessment. I looked around quickly and couldn’t find it (I don’t pay for access to other state’s state court cases, only Florida and every state‘s federal cases as I mainly practice in Florida and federal court).

But I will say that no filing is an indication of a willingness to settle other than a notice of impending settlement. If you want to settle, you pick up the phone or set up a Zoom call with opposing counsel. The only time a filing is done for communication purposes beyond its stated intent is if there’s an ahole attorney on the other side who is not being objective and logical and you’re trying to indirectly communicate with their client over their head. And of course I always try to communicate extra things to the judge in most of my filings.

Reactions: runkpanole
I haven't read one filing. That being said, it is rich ACC is litigating a member of its conference. What happens if they win? A conference member that most certainly litigate back in the future.

NC case filings portal

Edit - the amended complaint is listed but there is no link to a pdf file. Also, the Charlotte lawyers that FSU hired for the NC case are not listed. I saw a post about FSU's Charlotte based lawyers on 247 probably 3 or 4 days ago.

Edit 2 - reading the 247 thread about this, there is a lawyer "WalkwithPapuchis" (very entertaining poster btw) who was pointing out almost immediately yesterday that some first year associate screwed up the redactions. Then later in the thread someone asked where to find the link to the pdf and WalkwithPapuchis said it looks like it was taken down so they can fix the redactions. My comment - this is so completely on brand for the ACC.

TLDR - amended complaint was taken down because confidential information was not properly redacted

Last edited:
Reactions: noleclone2
From the 247 thread (I have yet to watch) former FSU Marching Chief and current Atlanta area attorney Doug Rohan discusses the Amended ACC Complaint.

BREAKING: ACC AMMENDS Lawsuit vs FSU - DESPERATE Move?

some first year associate screwed up the redactions. Then later in the thread someone asked where to find the link to the pdf and WalkwithPapuchis said it looks like it was taken down so they can fix the redactions. My comment - this is so completely on brand for the ACC.

TLDR - amended complaint was taken down because confidential information was not properly redacted
“PDF layers? WTF is that?”

giphy.gif

Reactions: noleclone2
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT