ADVERTISEMENT

FSU to the B1G

There are exemptions and protections in Florida law for trade secrets. I doubt anyone prosecutes, but trade secrets can’t be disclosed. That said, the entity claiming trade secret has to mark the items as secret, then a judge gets to decide whether it should remain secret.

The ACC has "trade secrets"?

Those secrets aren't doing very well compared to the $EC and the B1$.....

Their opening is hilarious. I’ve never read a advertisement in one before.

A lawyer over on Noles247 said the ridiculousness of their filing is BSPN’s way of saying they support the ACC case because they have to but they really don’t want any part of it. BSPN has the option to extend the ACC contract from 2026 to 2036 but has yet to do so. They were supposed to make the decision to extend or not back in 2021 but the ACC commissioner PhD unilaterally allowed them to not comply with that deadline. This of course is part of FSU’s case against the ACC.

A lawyer over on Noles247 said the ridiculousness of their filing is BSPN’s way of saying they support the ACC case because they have to but they really don’t want any part of it. BSPN has the option to extend the ACC contract from 2026 to 2036 but has yet to do so. They were supposed to make the decision to extend or not back in 2021 but the ACC commissioner PhD unilaterally allowed them to not comply with that deadline. This of course is part of FSU’s case against the ACC.
Sorry not up on lingo. BSPN?

The ACC has "trade secrets"?

Those secrets aren't doing very well compared to the $EC and the B1$.....
ESPN potentially does and they are a party involved in the contract. The ACC and FSU as party to the contracts have to abide by the law. It’s also the duty of ESPN to mark the sections as trade secret. If they respond to a public request, they have to redact.

Reactions: DFSNOLE
lol, i hope nobody's holding his or breath on it happening
8h5hfw.jpg

Interesting. The Iowa clown wanting Syracuse cause "they fit from a matchup style" for football is a bit silly.

I'd love to see Miami left behind, but BIG footprint would N to S and E to W, almost all corners with Miami. Interesting they are talking about 4 and not just 2. Also interesting that they are talking about a contract by August.

Who knows, we will see.

Who? I could see the SEC doing it to prevent the BIG getting a foothold.
I see it more as pressure by ESPN too. One thing not really discussed is that pesky 26-27 expiration of ACC contract.

Right now, a cash strapped ESPN is getting great bargain for ACC. But there are major signs FSU could be leaving a way for a massive exodus and destruction of ACC and this scenario has the BIG getting perhaps FSU, UNC, Notre Dame (the new playoff rules seem destined to force Notre Dame to join a conference to get that shot of playoff birth from conference win) and the rest of the best except Clemson going to BIG 12, both conferences with less ties to ESPN.

Not good for ESPN at all under that scenario from loss of basketball and football games. If ESPN was not having financial worries I think they would incentivize having ND join ACC and renegotiate the tv money payouts to be closer to SEC and BIG per team payouts and they could dominate broadcast rights if SEC and ACC. But they are too hurting cash wise to have Disney throw more money.

I see it more as pressure by ESPN too. One thing not really discussed is that pesky 26-27 expiration of ACC contract.

Right now, a cash strapped ESPN is getting great bargain for ACC. But there are major signs FSU could be leaving a way for a massive exodus and destruction of ACC and this scenario has the BIG getting perhaps FSU, UNC, Notre Dame (the new playoff rules seem destined to force Notre Dame to join a conference to get that shot of playoff birth from conference win) and the rest of the best except Clemson going to BIG 12, both conferences with less ties to ESPN.

Not good for ESPN at all under that scenario from loss of basketball and football games.

I posted something I found, somewhere in this thread, that said it was fairly likely that BSPN would drop both the ACC and MLB after 2025. This would be taking advantage of opt out windows to help alienate BSPN’s financial issues.

You are correct that the ACC deal is great for BSPN but that would no longer be true if FSU, Clemson and UNC left for the B1G.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT