ADVERTISEMENT

Girls left in dust as male-born transgender athletes take state track titles in five states

In the early months of COVID, one thing that surprised me was how much people cared particularly about the fallout for competitive sports--maybe more so than any other one factor.

In terms of trans issues, the bathroom wars haven't really persisted as an enduring concern for those with reservations about the trans rights movement, but the sports thing has really become the rallying point.

Is it possible that this really has little to do with sports, but perhaps more to do with emotionally manipulating people into supporting political leaders who might not represent their best interests in other more mundane but more universally significant matters?

It has me thinking about the Philomena Cunk line "The Greeks also created a kind of theatre. for stupid people. known as sport."
Do you people ever feel like maybe you're being played?

Does Huey hate Women and Lesbians?
Waiting GIF

Why? Trans have been competing since at least the 70s. And for 40+ years this wasn't an issue. Nobody cared. But suddenly it became an issue just recently. Why?

Trans females have been competing in women's swimming, track & field, basketball, soccer, gymnastics, volleyball, softball, etc since the 1970's?

Can you list all the athletes in all of these female sports?

Trans females have been competing in women's swimming, track & field, basketball, soccer, gymnastics, volleyball, softball, etc since the 1970's?

All of them? No thanks. But they have existed and competed. And nobody cared much. For decades few cared. Until now.

Here are some others:

Early Monday, Quinn (they/them), a midfielder for the Canadian women’s Olympic soccer team, became the first transgender or non-binary athlete to ever secure a medal in the games as Canada advanced to the final versus Japan, guaranteeing Canada a spot on the podium. Laurel Hubbard (she/her) competed in women’s weightlifting for New Zealand but fell short of advancing to the medal round of competition. Alana Smith (they/them) competed earlier in the week in women’s street skateboarding representing the United States, also falling short of medal round qualification. Chelsea Wolfe (she/her) is also in Tokyo as an alternate for the United States’ BMX freestyle team.

Reactions: Huey Grey
Name one girl who was denied a scholarship because she lost to a trans athletes. Just one and I'll shut up in this thread.
Such a dishonest approach. You know the portal in collage sports has been responsible for a huge decrease in scholarships to high school athletes due to colleges opting for older kids. Go ahead and name one of those kids. If you can’t name one, they must not exist.

Such a dishonest approach. You know the portal in collage sports has been responsible for a huge decrease in scholarships to high school athletes due to colleges opting for older kids. Go ahead and name one of those kids. If you can’t name one, they must not exist.
What does this have to do with trans people? First you guys bring up LeBron, who has zero place in this conversation. Now this. Why can't you simply cite the studies and athletes affected by and affecting actual trans competitors instead going off on tangents like this?

I knew getting a straight answer would be futile. But do you?
I have a number of lesbian friends. I also have a number of women friends. I'm guessing it's very likely more than most on here. Very likely more than you given your LGBTQ hate on here.

And let's get real. You probably deleted your thread because as soon as you posted it you instantly recognized just how dumb of a question it was.

Last edited:
What does this have to do with trans people? First you guys bring up LeBron, who has zero place in this conversation. Now this. Why can't you simply cite the studies and athletes affected by and affecting actual trans competitors instead going off on tangents like this?
Lebron gets brought up because time and again you laughably proclaim he has no advantage over female players.

They? Well, you can only come up with one example and this person sucked at tennis as a male and then as a female.
Damn, Alaska is right. Some of your are so triggered by trans people that you have to retreat to your ear covering safe space even though we have several examples of them in this very thread.

What exactly can the Williams sisters tell us? They didn't compete with a trans woman in your link.

That a male will dominate a female in any sport that depends on physicality. Same with the 15 year olds that destroyed the US woman's national soccer team. I respect women athletes but it's just not right.

The dude was ranked 200+ in the world and he smoked them, and I consider the Williams sisters some of the best ever.

I have a number of lesbian friends. I also have a number of women friends. I'm guessing it's very likely more than most on here. Very likely more than you given your LGBTQ hate on here.

And let's get real. You probably deleted your thread because as soon as you posted it you instantly recognized just how dumb of a question it was.
Besides if standing up for transgender rights means you hate women so does Dawn Staley. Such a dumb claim.

Damn, Alaska is right. Some of your are so triggered by trans people that you have to retreat to your ear covering safe space even though we have several examples of them in this very thread.

Speaking of retreating, just in this thread you have used words like triggered and bigot when people on here are simply discussing a fairness issue.

Why are you so triggered and hateful when it comes to female athletes who were born female?

Just because I think sports should be played by biological sex I am automatically anti-LGTQIA2+?

Just because I think sports should be played by biological sex I am automatically anti-LGTQIA2+?
No, you are anti LGBTQ because you have been clearly shown that trans athletes cannot be proven to have an advantage and your response is to create and quickly delete a moronic thread which accused the person setting you straight as hating women and lesbians.

I’m watching the Olympic trials now. Must be 60-70 trans athletes taking away spots on the US team away from non trans athletes.
Kudos to the OP for having the courage to discuss this subject. It’s very tough to be an anonymous keyboard warrior and push FSB talking points ahead of an election.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT