ADVERTISEMENT

Golf degens - US Open

Any coverage for Phil or any of the other LIV dbags?

I seriously hope he gets booed.
This is taking on a WWE feel to it. When Hulk Hogan went dark.

has to be good for golf because nobody gives a damn if Tiger isn’t in the hunt. Might as well split the screen and put golf on one side and NASCAR on the other. Get two dying TV sports together.

Tony Finau has a crazy address position. Plays with super low hands or something.

update: he might just have crazy long arms. Looked like he was playing with a kid driver earlier. Lots of knee bend, hands super low, looked like your typical hacker at your local course.

dudes a stud though.

Last edited:

has to be good for golf because nobody gives a damn if Tiger isn’t in the hunt. Might as well split the screen and put golf on one side and NASCAR on the other. Get two dying TV sports together.
"I don't watch golf unless Tiger is in it therefore nobody watches golf." Thanks, Rickey Henderson.

Reactions: Greenway4Prez

Horrible take. Rory, JT, Rahm, Scottie, Brooks, Smith, etc. The sport is probably the strongest and most exciting it has been in a long time. So many good players and not just watching Tiger beat up in a defeated field.

Phil is +5 right now. Dude was choking two foot putts.

These guys are lucky to have spotters on the course. I'd probably lose a dozen balls.
I think we should be able to play with "Tour Rules". Meaning, if you hit a ball into the rough or an area that your entire group saw it go into and that it is a playable area but you can't find the ball you should not be penalized a stroke. We don't have people marking our balls with flags, spectators locating our balls, or 10 tv cameras with a view from the blimp to keep track of a ball that's into the rough by 4 ft but impossible to find.

Reactions: nelly02
These guys are lucky to have spotters on the course. I'd probably lose a dozen balls.

This rough would drive a normal person absolutely mad

Seriously, it's so thick. I don't lose a ton of golf balls but I would easily lose 6+ out there. I would also be dumb enough to say, I FOUND IT! Try to hit it out of the fescue only for it to go deeper into the thick crap and lose it about 3 ft away from me.

I'd take my normal 10 hc and shoot about a 110 out here.

Any coverage for Phil or any of the other LIV dbags?

I seriously hope he gets booed.
I don't get the hate for Phil. He has nothing more to prove on the PGA. I'm not sure how you could turn down that kind of money for a easier schedule and less golf.

Reactions: HawkMD
@EpenesaEpenesa

Updates from Boston? How's the crowd? Phil reception? Liver still ... livering?

Still standing. In the Uber on the way to the Celtics. Crowd for the Liv guys was fine. A few hilarious comments. “Good livid Phil nice shot!” was the best I heard after Phil put one in the rough. Course is awesome, tons of great areas to see shots. I was in the champion’s pavilion in the afternoon on the 14th fairway. tons of guys laying up right in front of us after hitting their T shot in the rough

also the drink of the us open is dewars/lemonade. When in Rome have 10!

I don't get the hate for Phil. He has nothing more to prove on the PGA. I'm not sure how you could turn down that kind of money for a easier schedule and less golf.
He made a billion dollars playing golf. The reason he doesn’t have a billion dollars isn’t because of the PGA. It’s because he has a gambling addiction.

He’s not in his prime and he wants to make as much as he can while he still can. I have no problem with that. I do take issue with bashing the PGA on the way out. Phil made more money than anyone other than Tiger.

Some people understand golf is about more than just Tiger. Obviously you don't.

He made a billion dollars playing golf. The reason he doesn’t have a billion dollars isn’t because of the PGA. It’s because he has a gambling addiction.

He’s not in his prime and he wants to make as much as he can while he still can. I have no problem with that. I do take issue with bashing the PGA on the way out. Phil made more money than anyone other than Tiger.

And I feel like he's a total cop out. I had nothing against Phil and thought it was great when he initially came out against the league and atrocities happening in Saudi Arabia. As soon as he "stepped away" I had a feeling that someone had paid him to shut up because it certainly wouldn't have been the PGA.

I get that it is life changing money and generational money. I'd love to say that I would turn it down to prove a point but I am not in the position to ever be offered that much money. Every person has a right to earn money (legally) however they can. I also am choosing to not cheer for Phil because I think the Saudi prince is a shady, Putinish character and this league is a side show to put lipstick on a pig.

Same goes for DJ, Na, etc... I would say Sergio but nobody liked him anyways.

When you don't have the guts to answer direct questions and sidestep them all with bullshit answers it shows you have no integrity.

Then I hope you are booing the other many professionals that have took issue with the pga on different issues.

When you don't have the guts to answer direct questions and sidestep them all with bullshit answers it shows you have no integrity.
He doesn’t owe anyone specific answers. Have you watched most other sports players watching what they say to protect their sponsors? Look how much trouble he got himself in when he was honest.

He doesn’t owe anyone specific answers. Have you watched most other sports players watching what they say to protect their sponsors? Look how much trouble he got himself in when he was honest.
What sponsors does he have to protect? He's lost every one of them.

What sponsors does he have to protect? He's lost every one of them.
Last I knew he still had some and there was an article this week he’s still in contact with the ones he lost on the potential of rejoining them. Just like Tiger did.

Last I knew he still had some and there was an article this week he’s still in contact with the ones he lost on the potential of rejoining them. Just like Tiger did.
He's got none on his apparel this week. He's wearing his own logo he created depicting him leaping after winning the Masters. His sponsorships pre LIV were estimated to be worth about 42 mil annually. They aren't coming back.

He's got none on his apparel this week. He's wearing his own logo he created depicting him leaping after winning the Masters. His sponsorships pre LIV were estimated to be worth about 42 mil annually. They aren't coming back.
Calaway only put their sponsorship on hold. Phil will ride this out just like Tiger did.

Calaway only put their sponsorship on hold. Phil will ride this out just like Tiger did.
I guess we will see. Just a bit of a difference between cheating on your wife and supporting a govt who was responsible for 9/11 and arranged for murdering a journalist.

I guess we will see. Just a bit of a difference between cheating on your wife and supporting a govt who was responsible for 9/11 and arranged for murdering a journalist.
Then I hope you’re all electric and not buying any gas, crude oil products, glass, iron/steel, Essential oils, perfumes, cosmetics, and toileteries because guess where the US buys some of these items from? Don’t pretend you haven’t supported our Saudi friends. Hell don’t forget Biden wants to form a new Saudi relationship so I hope you didn’t vote for him.

ADVERTISEMENT