ADVERTISEMENT

Greg Kerkvliet

Dunk, dunk, dunk, you and yours are like cock roaches. Hard to get rid of.

I hate this internet thing, can't really express yourself accurately or get your point across like you can in person.

You type all the crap you do because you like to hear yourself talk. You think you are smart. I'll tell you this, I am classy and smart enough to stay away from places that I am not wanted. You are obviously too dumb to get it.

Guys like you thrive behind a keyboard, guys like me can and would say the things we say in person.

About the pedophilia thing, it says nothing about me. It happened at YOUR institution not mine.
Could you please just try to contribute something or silence thyself.....please. This mindless crap is so old.

Reactions: lionlover
Yeah, I'll call BS on that, because I've spoken to the donor and that's not what happened. It was all about him recruiting Cael, giving money for the facility and providing a huge slush fund at Cael's request.......to augment Schollies. And that is all there is to that
So the donor gave Cael 5 mil to get around NCAA rules, then told you ? Criminal masterminds

Last edited:
New to the forum. Was

My question is why did OSWRTC send Stieber as the coach for two heavy weights to U23 Worlds when they have Tervel Dlagnev who is an Olympic and World medalist at heavy weight and a seasoned international coach. Bad call from my perspective.

No bad on Stieber (I like Loggybear) but PSU had both Cael and Cody there for their squad. Not saying Kerkvliet is going to PSU but it is pretty bad when he is shown on Track working out with Nickal and not Singletary.

OSU severely missed the boat on this one regardless of the Snider move. Perhaps Kerk's transfer was known prior to them leaving for World's but you still have to give the best support to your athletes. If I was Kerk I would have wanted Trevel in my corner on that BS call that got him 5th and not Bronze.

Just prior to U23, Tervel blew out his knee and couldn't straighten it out etc. fear was torn ACL... so Stieber went in his place, last minute change.

Reactions: WWDMHawkeye
The reality is Penn St's coaches have been better than Iowa's over the past decade in one respect.... recruiting.

That's a simple fact. When Cael didn't have a lineup of top 10 recruits at almost every weight - at ISU - he didn't have one team championship and never beat Iowa.

How PSU is able to attract so many top 10 recruits has been debated ad nauseum, and I'm not going to wade into that, other than to say there are reasons to believe the playing field isn't level.

btw, what is a "phycologist?" .... are you seeing one?
Penn State has out recruited, out developed, out performed, out.. well everything that is an important measuring stick for success. You feel free to cry about the recruiting. It is freaking hilarious.

Have you guys started to realize that it is just about time to start that annual Hawkeye chorus, "just you wait until next year!?"

The best wrestler in P$U history-- Jason Nolf was trained and developed BY AN IOWA GUY ....HAHAHAHAHA
If each university could only recruit from it's own state I like our chances. Even with the several DI, DII & DIII in the state. IA not so much. The numbers prove it year in, year out. These guys were trained in the best wrestling state in the country. Sorry you can not accept that.

Expected response: But you have more population, ugh

Last edited:
If each university could only recruit from it's own state I like our chances. Even with the several DI, DII & DII in the state. IA not so much. The numbers prove it year in, year out. These guys were trained in the best wrestling state in the country. Sorry you can not accept that.

Expected response: But you have more population, ugh
Iowa won 15 National Titles under Gable with a predominant Iowa lineup, and the Midwest. From tiny ass Iowa, so stick that in your pipe and smoke it, or wherever.

I'm assuming Pennsylvania was a good H.S. Wrestling state back then too, so what was the problem?

I'll tell you, tiny Iowa was handing you your ass. Expect it to happen again at some point.

W
Dunk, dunk, dunk, you and yours are like cock roaches. Hard to get rid of.

I hate this internet thing, can't really express yourself accurately or get your point across like you can in person.

You type all the crap you do because you like to hear yourself talk. You think you are smart. I'll tell you this, I am classy and smart enough to stay away from places that I am not wanted. You are obviously too dumb to get it.

Guys like you thrive behind a keyboard, guys like me can and would say the things we say in person.

About the pedophilia thing, it says nothing about me. It happened at YOUR institution not mine.
What dunk is trying to say is Everytime something comes up that you don't like you throw the pedo thing out there. You know like when someone sa
Is this still a Greg Kerkvliet thread? I'm not sure because PSU goons continually high-jack everything.
Fist full of Penn staters

Penn State has out recruited, out developed, out performed, out.. well everything that is an important measuring stick for success. You feel free to cry about the recruiting. It is freaking hilarious.

Have you guys started to realize that it is just about time to start that annual Hawkeye chorus, "just you wait until next year!?"

What evidence do you have that PSU has out developed Iowa? When you recruit a consensus #1 world beater, isn't he pretty far along already? Iowa got one in Spencer Lee. PSU has a whole lineup of them.

In 2015 PSU decided to RS Megaludis and Retherford, even though both were already high level AA's. They went with backups, and what happened? They came in 6th.

When PSU inserts non top tier guys, they struggle, like so much of the rest of the d1 world.

Out-recruited, yes. Out developed, no.

False narrative, Penn State won multiple national championships BEFORE that donation. Winning brought in the money, not the other way around.

But wait... those earlier PSU ncaa titles don't count. Remember? Cael combined two teams - PSU's and the ISU recruits that followed him?

You've used that logic repeatedly to discredit Brands and Iowa - you did it even in this thread.

Does that logic only apply when you talk about Brands and Iowa?

False narrative, Penn State won multiple national championships BEFORE that donation. Winning brought in the money, not the other way around.
Yeah, I'll call BS on that, because I've spoken to the donor and that's not what happened. It was all about him recruiting Cael, giving money for the facility and providing a huge slush fund at Cael's request.......to augment Schollies. And that is all there is to that

How is TF's statement BS? PSU won in 2011, 2012, and 2013 with Cael at the helm. Cael signed on with PSU in April 2009. Yet the $5 million doesn't show up on the financials until 2014. How exactly did the donor "recruit Cael" by making a donation 5 years after he was hired and had already secured 3 titles? Weird to deny the winning preceded the donation.

It’s pretty futile to argue with Bob, as he’s been in the belly of the beast and his info is directly from the source. I can understand the urge to deny and bury one’s head in the sand, however. Sometimes the truth is tough to accept.

:rolleyes: In typical fashion, Mr. Positivity making his presence known when there is something negative to say about PSU.

Bob knows far more than I do, but I'll just add a few observations.

The mega-donation (~$5 million) came from 1 guy in 2014. That put the NLWC on its way to exceeding the financial resources of the next 10 teams combined. They exceed Iowa's HWC by a factor of 8.

That was 2014.

In 2014, PSU gets 3 recruits in the top 7 p4p - Nolf, Nickal and Nevills.

2015 - PSU gets #5 Joseph

2016 - PSU gets and unheard of trifecta with #1 Hall, #2 Suriano, and #5 Manville.

2017 - PSU gets #6 Berge, #9 N Lee

2018 - at one point PSU had 7 out of the top 23 wrestlers. Wittlake and Teasdale didn't work out, but still managed to grab Brooks, Beard, RBY, J Lee and Nevills.

The deep pockets of the NLWC ....any open minded person would be asking, are the financial arrangements with incoming recruits helping them get around 9.9 scholly limits.

Bob knows far more than I do, but I'll just add a few observations.

The mega-donation (~$5 million) came from 1 guy in 2014. That put the NLWC on its way to exceeding the financial resources of the next 10 teams combined. They exceed Iowa's HWC by a factor of 8.

That was 2014.

In 2014, PSU gets 3 recruits in the top 7 p4p - Nolf, Nickal and Nevills.

2015 - PSU gets #5 Joseph

2016 - PSU gets and unheard of trifecta with #1 Hall, #2 Suriano, and #5 Manville.

2017 - PSU gets #6 Berge, #9 N Lee

2018 - at one point PSU had 7 out of the top 23 wrestlers. Wittlake and Teasdale didn't work out, but still managed to grab Brooks, Beard, RBY, J Lee and Nevills.

The deep pockets of the NLWC ....any open minded person would be asking, are the financial arrangements with incoming recruits helping them get around 9.9 scholly limits.

Any open-minded person would agree that winning attracts top talent.

How is TF's statement BS? PSU won in 2011, 2012, and 2013 with Cael at the helm. Cael signed on with PSU in April 2009. Yet the $5 million doesn't show up on the financials until 2014. How exactly did the donor "recruit Cael" by making a donation 5 years after he was hired and had already secured 3 titles? Weird to deny the winning preceded the donation.

Maybe said donor gave more than once....just like most donors. DOH!

Any open-minded person would agree that winning attracts top talent.
And so does a multi-million dollar dono. I'm not angry. I wish we had some deep-pocketed die hard Hawkeye wrestling fan that would donate millions to the HWC. But everyone should agree that money attracts just as much, if not more than winning.

And since we all lost track of the original topic, what's Kerkvliet up to right now?

Maybe said donor gave more than once....just like most donors. DOH!

Donations (from all sources) appear to have been in the $400-600k range annually during the 2009-2013 period. Higher than the average club, for sure, but not monumental.

Donations (from all sources) appear to have been in the $400-600k range annually during the 2009-2013 period. Higher than the average club, for sure, but not monumental.

and that somehow precludes said donor from making another larger donation as things develop as explained by Bnicolls?
My first donation was not as large as as later donations. Typically there is a winfall or business sale or inheritance after death. Smaller donations often precede the big ones.

And so does a multi-million dollar dono. I'm not angry. I wish we had some deep-pocketed die hard Hawkeye wrestling fan that would donate millions to the HWC. But everyone should agree that money attracts just as much, if not more than winning.

And since we all lost track of the original topic, what's Kerkvliet up to right now?
Even if Iowa did have a sugar daddy donor for the hwc, TnT aren't going to play the dirty game of promising post grad financial support.

and that somehow precludes said donor from making another larger donation as things develop as explained by Bnicolls?
My first donation was not as large as as later donations. Typically there is a winfall or business sale or inheritance after death. Smaller donations often precede the big ones.

We were talking about the big donation, though, and whether it preceded team titles at PSU.

On your subject, I wouldn't be surprised at all if the narrative went a little something like Cael hitting up a steady donor for a really big commitment after having proven his ability to take the program to the top. "Hey, we've had some success, but with added support, this could be just the tip of the iceberg -- here's my vision . . ." Ka-ching. Nothing wrong with that. And it doesn't diminish what Cael and staff have built with that financial support. And as you know, competitors are trying to follow the same model.

Someone may pick up momentum to dethrone Cael & Co., but I believe they'll need to outrecruit to do it. And not just with how the recruits rank p4p and how schollies are applied, but with having a low miss-rate, too.

On your subject, I wouldn't be surprised at all if the narrative went a little something like......

So you are speculating and Bnicolls is telling you and us he knows first hand how it went (see above) ......so we should listen to you????? Do you realize how silly that is?

Reactions: HoundedHawk
So you are speculating and Bnicolls is telling you and us he knows first hand how it went (see above) ......so we should listen to you????? Do you realize how silly that is?

No. @bnicolls said he was calling BS on @Flying_Tiger 's post. I stated a case for FT's post being accurate. My hypothetical to you was a polite attempt to acknowledge that the subject you brought up (whether the donor made any previous donations) had merit. But it still had nothing to do with TF's post or my defense of it.

I'm cashing out early tonight. Peace.

We were talking about the big donation, though, and whether it preceded team titles at PSU.

On your subject, I wouldn't be surprised at all if the narrative went a little something like Cael hitting up a steady donor for a really big commitment after having proven his ability to take the program to the top. "Hey, we've had some success, but with added support, this could be just the tip of the iceberg -- here's my vision . . ." Ka-ching. Nothing wrong with that. And it doesn't diminish what Cael and staff have built with that financial support. And as you know, competitors are trying to follow the same model.

Someone may pick up momentum to dethrone Cael & Co., but I believe they'll need to outrecruit to do it. And not just with how the recruits rank p4p and how schollies are applied, but with having a low miss-rate, too.
Cash talks....bottom line.

Reactions: chuck285
How is TF's statement BS? PSU won in 2011, 2012, and 2013 with Cael at the helm.

As FT has explained numerous times, Iowa's 3 ncaa titles under Brands were bogus, because he combined VT recruits with Iowa's.

If FT is to be consistent, shouldn't the same "bogus wins" by combining ISU with PSU recruits apply as well?

Why do the more stern rules about "combining teams" only apply to Brands and Iowa?

Even if Iowa did have a sugar daddy donor for the hwc, TnT aren't going to play the dirty game of promising post grad financial support.
No and I wasn't hinting at that either. But what it would help is financing and building this new complex. Plus that's money that could be used to sway in guys to come wrestle and train in Iowa city that would otherwise go else where.

But mainly for this long past-due training complex.

Reactions: Mattski
What did Cael promise Spencer Lee? Serious question. Spencer was a great wrestler at a weight with a great need for PSU. If anyone was promised what you insinuate, it would be Spencer.

As FT has explained numerous times, Iowa's 3 ncaa titles under Brands were bogus, because he combined VT recruits with Iowa's.

If FT is to be consistent, shouldn't the same "bogus wins" by combining ISU with PSU recruits apply as well?

Why do the more stern rules about "combining teams" only apply to Brands and Iowa?

See this is what I'm talking about, you guys make stuff up and act like it's a fact.... It's exhausting! .....Penn State second National Championship had NO Transfer Starters, not one.

What evidence do you have that PSU has out developed Iowa? When you recruit a consensus #1 world beater, isn't he pretty far along already? Iowa got one in Spencer Lee. PSU has a whole lineup of them.

In 2015 PSU decided to RS Megaludis and Retherford, even though both were already high level AA's. They went with backups, and what happened? They came in 6th.

When PSU inserts non top tier guys, they struggle, like so much of the rest of the d1 world.

Out-recruited, yes. Out developed, no.

Here you go:

Anthony Cassar (Not ranked): National Champion
Matt Brown (73): National Champion
Frank Molinaro (68): National Champion; Olympian
Dan Vallimont (NR): National Finalist
Jordan Conway (NR): 2x AA
James English (NR): AA

Your turn, now start of list of Iowa guys under Brands that have overachieved in relation their ranking with their highest result and we'll compare. Oh heck, let me just do it for you, Dan Dennis & Montell Marian (Finalist).

*Rankings provided by D1CW

Last edited:
Thanks for coming back to defend PSU. We've missed you.
Not a defense. I don’t know the answer to the question but the answer will go a long way in proving the truth of the matter.

Thanks for noticing my absence from all forums. I think. Started a company last year. Been busy. VERY busy. From 0 to 50 employees in six months. I read the forums early morning but rarely post any longer. Have a good day.

Lol, you know almost every D1 Coach thinks he is cheating. Its not just the fans, you know that. Yet you come here all high an mighty an proclaim his innocence.

The only reason your here now is because Kirks waitin to announce his arrival.

Lol, you know almost every D1 Coach thinks he is cheating. Its not just the fans, you know that. Yet you come here all high an mighty an proclaim his innocence.

The only reason your here now is because Kirks waitin to announce his arrival.
There are 76 of them. Provide proof of just 10 thinking that, and we'll believe you. The CDS just eats at you.

Reactions: Hotshoe
Iowa won 15 National Titles under Gable with a predominant Iowa lineup, and the Midwest. From tiny ass Iowa, so stick that in your pipe and smoke it, or wherever.

I'm assuming Pennsylvania was a good H.S. Wrestling state back then too, so what was the problem?

I'll tell you, tiny Iowa was handing you your ass. Expect it to happen again at some point.

Not anytime soon, Iowa's HS level still gets an occasional stud but overall has not been in the discussion vs PA for D1 AA talent I'm sorry to say. I do think with clubs getting better it is on the rise though. HS meets I have seen recently even compared to 15-20 years ago have been dog crap.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT