ADVERTISEMENT

Grilling during a snowstorm

May 25, 2023
Anyone else got the grill fired up today? I got hamburgers and hot dogs going for lunch. The kids are home from school, and several neighbor kids are over playing in the snow. Great day for a barbecue. I might do steaks tonight when the wife (no pic) gets home.

OP's Mom is no longer with us.

/CSB

1e5e3597-35f4-5c7d-9eb1-e05e13d2a5db

On a serious note, I don't grill much in the winter but I will fire up the Blackstone in the garage and make some food on that throughout the cold season.

Reactions: Igor Stravinsky10
Wife let me know last night that tmrw ( today) we need to grill some strips because the twiced baked potatoes and baby portobello mushrooms she bought last weekend need ate.

Been going with like a 30 minute smoke on the traegar before finishing them on high heat. Nothing like grilling in a foot of snow.

Grilling in a blizzard is awesome 😁 I have a big fire going now in the firepit on the patio. My 3 kids and 5 other neighbor kids are now making s'mores. Kids are great! The neighbor closest to us just snowmobiled over with some beer. I might stay out here all night 🍻

That actually does kind of look like me, lol.

I have some crab legs leftover from Christmas (my dad accidentally bought double the amount he needed!) that I am contemplating smoking.

Nice. I'm a poor. Never had crab legs. Mostly because I generally want to eat seafood close to the ocean

On a serious note, I don't grill much in the winter but I will fire up the Blackstone in the garage and make some food on that throughout the cold season.
Hopefully next to the garage door with the garage door open.

Man, I really am glad I don't have @Hawkman98's job this week
I go in at 6pm. You can ride with to see what society has to offer. Just dress warm and be prepared to stand on highways for hours directing traffic that doesn’t move over or slow down because of an overturned semi that was being driven by someone from the south who has never even seen snow and tells you he’s not sure what happened because he was only going the speed limit.

I go in at 6pm. You can ride with to see what society has to offer. Just dress warm and be prepared to stand on highways for hours directing traffic that doesn’t move over or slow down because of an overturned semi that was being driven by someone from the south who has never even seen snow and tells you he’s not sure what happened because he was only going the speed limit.
Sounds like my son when he hit a sign last winter f$cking up one of my cars. He said he was going the speed limit. Problem was he was cornering in a snow storm. Thankfully no one was hurt other than me financially, and he learned a lesson that day.

I'd be happy to do a ride along with you some time. I mean it. I've seen so many dash cam and badge cam videos, I doubt I will learn too much new, but I'd love to be there if life saving measures are needed. But driving from Ames to your location in this crap seems negligent.

Sounds like my son when he hit a sign last winter f$cking up one of my cars. He said he was going the speed limit. Problem was he was cornering in a snow storm. Thankfully no one was hurt other than me financially, and he learned a lesson that day.
Sounds like you have a honest kid as well. Be thankful for that. It’s easier to deal with people like your son who are just inexperienced.

I'd be happy to do a ride along with you some time. I mean it. I've seen so many dash cam and badge cam videos, I doubt I will learn too much new, but I'd love to be there if life saving measures are needed. But driving from Ames to your location in this crap seems negligent.
The offer is always there. I wouldn’t venture out in this shit either if I didn’t have to.

You know what else happens in snow storms? Trees fall down. I had a f!cking tree come down. Thankfully no one was hurt and no property was damaged. But nothing like standing in a foot of snow in the dark with a chainsaw breaking a tree down on a Tuesday night. I wish I was grilling steaks instead.

That looks pretty fookin good. I was going to say you went over on the steaks but fine for ribeyes.
They are strips, I cut mine in half to see how it was. I smoke them for 35ish minutes before the grill, gives them that deep red outside.

Wine isn't great. Might switch it up for the 2nd glass.

Reactions: McLovin32
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT