ADVERTISEMENT

Grilling during a snowstorm

tumblr_m1239h4LAU1rqfhi2o1_400.gif
I was a skeptic at first too. Then I read this:

Reactions: The Tradition
I go in at 6pm. You can ride with to see what society has to offer. Just dress warm and be prepared to stand on highways for hours directing traffic that doesn’t move over or slow down because of an overturned semi that was being driven by someone from the south who has never even seen snow and tells you he’s not sure what happened because he was only going the speed limit.
Obviously I’m not a cop, but having done snow removal for almost 30 years, it never ceases to amaze me the shit you see in horrible weather. We just finished cleaning up and back where our equipment is parked, some dude rolls up to a Von Maur dumpster, snags a bunch of boxes and 2 partially eaten bags of chips. He must have been rummaging around for 10 plus minutes. Anywho I hit my remote start on my truck and wouldn’t you know, out of the dumpster pops out his lady friend.

Not a csb but I’m bored waiting to fill up a salt truck. Stay safe out there homes.

Reactions: Hawkman98
I am doing one of those citizen police academy programs this year.

Looking forward to it.
I would highly recommend anyone to take one. I created and host one every year. My favorites are the people that don’t like LE or have serious questions. It’s nice to hear their concerns and they might learn why LE do things the way we did.

A quick story from the last citizens Academy that we hosted. We had a guy that was not a fan of law enforcement attend. During one week, we do active shooter scenarios. The first part of class teaches everyone what to do in an active shooter situation and also how to handle it as law enforcement during the scenarios. The guy that did not like law-enforcement shot multiple innocent bystanders and totally panicked. The next week during class he stood up and apologized for his skewed vision of law-enforcement. He said that even though it was just paintballs that he was shooting he got so worked up that he had no idea who he shot or even if he saw someone with a gun. He admitted that even in this scenario, he had no idea what stress does to a person and how it can affect what you see and hear in these situations. When we talk, after each scenario I ask everyone individually what they observed, what the suspect was wearing, if they saw a gun, etc. and everyone gives a different story. I then explain when cops have different details in the report it doesn’t mean they’re making it up, It just means that is what they observed under extreme stress. To this day this guy is now one of our biggest supporters and I call him a friend. I hope you get something out of it and good for you for making the effort to learn or at least have an open mind.

Reactions: torbee
Obviously I’m not a cop, but having done snow removal for almost 30 years, it never ceases to amaze me the shit you see in horrible weather. We just finished cleaning up and back where our equipment is parked, some dude rolls up to a Von Maur dumpster, snags a bunch of boxes and 2 partially eaten bags of chips. He must have been rummaging around for 10 plus minutes. Anywho I hit my remote start on my truck and wouldn’t you know, out of the dumpster pops out his lady friend.

Not a csb but I’m bored waiting to fill up a salt truck. Stay safe out there homes.
You’re one of the few that know where I work. I try to be discreet, but check out our Facebook page this morning. I posted pictures. We had 1 semi in the ditch, 1 jack knifed across the 4 lane, 1 semi roll over, 1 truck roll over and multiple vehicles in the ditch. Everything is 100% ice and I had a truck and a car pass me at 75mph or faster. They think it’s wet but it’s ice.

Reactions: jellyfish10
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT