Harris Campaign: Don’t Mute The Mics During Debate

NoleATL

HB Legend
Gold Member
Jul 11, 2007

Harris Campaign: Don’t Mute The Mics During Debate​

August 26, 2024

Politico reports:
Harris’ campaign wants the mics to be hot at all times during the ABC debate, as has historically been the case at presidential debates. “We have told ABC and other networks seeking to host a possible October debate that we believe both candidates’ mics should be live throughout the full broadcast,” Brian Fallon, the Harris campaign’s senior adviser for communications, told Playbook in a text message last night.
It’s clear the veep’s team is hoping to get Trump to lose his cool on mic. “She’s more than happy to have exchanges with him if he tries to interrupt her,” one person familiar with the negotiations tells Playbook. “And given how shook he seems by her, he’s very prone to having intemperate outbursts.” For its part, the Trump campaign sees this all as a bait-and-switch. They want the ABC debate governed by the CNN rules.
Read the full article.

Top level trolling

“Our understanding is that Trump’s handlers prefer the muted microphone because they don’t think their candidate can act presidential for 90 minutes on his own. We suspect Trump’s team has not even told their boss about this dispute because it would be too embarrassing to admit they don’t think he can handle himself against Vice President Harris without the benefit of a mute button.”

She took out Pence pretty well. And easily shredded Kavanaugh.
She should have mopped the floor with Pence. But it was more of a split decision. The fly that kept landing on Pence’s head was the most memorable thing that happened that night.

She had one shining moment with her “that little girl was me” story and then Tulsi Gabbard of all people completely destroyed her campaign.

You might be setting yourself up for disappointment if you think she’s going to destroy anyone in a debate.

She should have mopped the floor with Pence. But it was more of a split decision. The fly that kept landing on Pence’s head was the most memorable thing that happened that night.

She had one shining moment with her “that little girl was me” story and then Tulsi Gabbard of all people completely destroyed her campaign.

You might be setting yourself up for disappointment if you think she’s going to destroy anyone in a debate.
The thing about political debates is there is rarely a clear winner. Most of us see what we want to see. I'm pretty confident Harris will preform well against Trump, but I'm also sure many will believe Trump won the debate regardless of the performance.

The thing about political debates is there is rarely a clear winner. Most of us see what we want to see. I'm pretty confident Harris will preform well against Trump, but I'm also sure many will believe Trump won the debate regardless of the performance.
In the average debate you’re right - as long as a candidate doesn’t lose their composure, they can usually manage to score a few points that they can call back to afterwards.

Trump is different tho - with rare exceptions, he’s usually so all over the place that it’s really difficult to say he’s truly won a debate. He’s doesn’t like to prep, and prefers to simply overpower the opponent by talking over them all the time.

Trump is already setting up to dodge it again. Old senile man with just enough sense to know he's going to get crushed.
Dodge it again, dude wants to do 3, watching the Harris campaign pray to God that "more to come" means he is dropping out shows how scared they are.

You were offered 3 and took 1. Don't be surprised if 3 more get offered.

In the average debate you’re right - as long as a candidate doesn’t lose their composure, they can usually manage to score a few points that they can call back to afterwards.

Trump is different tho - with rare exceptions, he’s usually so all over the place that it’s really difficult to say he’s truly won a debate. He’s doesn’t like to prep, and prefers to simply overpower the opponent by talking over them all the time.
Are you talking about the only person in history we have watched knock his opponent out of the competition in a debate?

• Haha
Reactions: Gimmered

The only person who could lose to Cheeto was Biden. Harris will destroy him because he has nothing but bullshit of how this country is in the worst shape it’s ever been. The average person doesn’t think that. That is all he has…

I agree. The only debate I watched where I would even consider Trump being close to winning was the last one with Biden only because Joe preformed so badly. The thing is most Trump supporters would contend that Trump has won every debate.

Pence is a far better debater than Trump. And he didn't have a running mate with sexual assault and 34 felonies not to mention being ancient and low energy on his record. Not sure you know where your argument is going here.

Pence is a far better debater than Trump. And he didn't have a running mate with sexual assault and 34 felonies not to mention being ancient and low energy on his record. Not sure you know where your argument is going here.
Pence has about as much charisma as pocket lint. My argument is that I’ve never seen Harris “crush” anyone in a debate, so it’s probably not realistic to expect her to crush Trump.

Reactions: hexumhawk
Are you talking about the only person in history we have watched knock his opponent out of the competition in a debate?
Biden was terrible, no question. But almost none of that was due to Trump. He was forced to drop out due to his poor performance making obvious everyone’s worst fears. At least from the 20 min or so I watched, Trump looked good only because of how bad Biden was. Don’t forget, both engaged in a 5 min conversation about who the better golfer was.
Pence has about as much charisma as pocket lint. My argument is that I’ve never seen Harris “crush” anyone in a debate, so it’s probably not realistic to expect her to crush Trump.
You don’t need good charisma to be a good debater. Pence has always had that reputation as a good in a debate.

You don’t need good charisma to be a good debater. Pence has always had that reputation as a good in a debate.
You’re probably the first person I’ve ever heard describe Pence as a good debater. Even the people who thought he beat Harris didn’t think he rose above her so much as he just wasn’t as bad.

Lying Donnie Sexual Abuser is scared to death of KH because she was a prosecutor. He has done very poorly with prosecutors the past few years in his numerous trials. So afraid, he wouldn't even testify under oath to try and defend himself. Must have been that "under oath" thing.

No one really crushes anyone in these debates. It's all about appearances for the most part.

Anyone crushed in these debates usually crushes themselves. Biden was crushed in his debate because he crushed himself. Trump didn't even have to be there.

That's not true at all. Hell everybody saw the last one was so bad one candidate dropped out

Last edited:
You’re probably the first person I’ve ever heard describe Pence as a good debater. Even the people who thought he beat Harris didn’t think he rose above her so much as he just wasn’t as bad.
Just said that that was his reputation as a congressman and then governor.

She destroyed Pence for one.
She didn’t destroy him. It was, at best, a split decision and not a particularly impressive performance by either of them.
Do you know that she was a prosecutor? That requires some level of presentation and debate.
And yet she got completely wrecked by a Russian nesting doll. Tulsi Gabbard looked like Daniel Kaffee compared to Kamala.

Lying Donnie Sexual Abuser is scared to death of KH because she was a prosecutor. He has done very poorly with prosecutors the past few years in his numerous trials. So afraid, he wouldn't even testify under oath to try and defend himself. Must have been that "under oath" thing.
That's why she took 1 for 3. 😆

Harris might be running the ultimate chicken shit campaign. She talked shit about debates, then refused to all but one possible date and is now demanding a rule change on that one lone debate even. Absolutely pathetic lol

Reactions: ICHerky
That's not true at all. Hell everybody saw the last one was so bad one candidate dropped out
That's why I said rarely not never and in a later post I acknowledged that Trump out preformed Biden in the last debate.

I agree. The only debate I watched where I would even consider Trump being close to winning was the last one with Biden only because Joe preformed so badly. The thing is most Trump supporters would contend that Trump has won every debate.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT