ADVERTISEMENT

****Hawks @ Gophers Game Thread****

Hawks 5 pt favorite but will they show up on the road?

Pemsl return should be huge ;)

I hate to be THAT guy again, but how much of this game boils down to officiating?

Indiana probably would have been a loss either way, but Luka was physically assaulted for 40 minutes that game. It would have been a 4 or 5 point loss with any semblance of safe officiating.

Against Minny in Iowa City, officials called like 6 or 7 travels on daniel oturu and two fouls on him in the first half. Definitely won't be happening this afternoon. As long as the home cooking doesn't put Luka in foul trouble, we might have a shot.

This is how Minny's 3 Starting Guards shot in Iowa City:

01-10 (10%) Marcus Carr
00-10 (00%) Gabe Kalscheur
02-09 (22%) Payton Willis
03-29 (10%) Overall

Predict how they will shoot today.

I say they go 20-30 with TWELVE 3's!!!! ;)

01-10 (10%) Marcus Carr
03-29 (10%) Overall

Are you in attendance today?

01-10 (10%) Marcus Carr
03-29 (10%) Overall

Judging from our luck. Wouldn't surprise me bit.

Reactions: Franisdaman
The Barn really is a unique structure and it gets loud as hell in there.

EQ2MHMdXYAA9i3j

Reactions: Mohawkeye
I hate to say this is a must, because it’s not. But if we want to stay in the top part of the conference, we really need to win this one. Lose and Iowa falls a couple spots and will be real close to the lower half of the conference.

find a way hawks!!!!

@Franisdaman, great pix from the Barn, where are your seats?
Love watching games there, has that old FieldHouse ‘feel’

I hate to say this is a must, because it’s not. But if we want to stay in the top part of the conference, we really need to win this one. Lose and Iowa falls a couple spots and will be real close to the lower half of the conference.

find a way hawks!!!!
I would say it's pretty important to get the win today but under the circumstances, I won't be too upset at the Hawkeyes if they lose.

Oturu is going to get at least 24 pts. Will be surprised if he picks up 2 fouls in 1st half with home cooking.

Marcus Carr is Minny's best candidate to go off for a career high from 3pt line vs Iowa zone.

Kriener needs to stay out of foul trouble, he's tended to pick up some cheap ones and end up sitting early on bench with 2 fouls in 1st half. I think Kriener has missed around his last 8 3pt shot attempts in B1G. If he hits his his 1st, then maybe Special K shows up. Seems like when one guy gets hot from 3pt line, it rubs off on the other guys.

Connor can occasionally go off for 2-4 3pt makes, so he is wildcard. Not counting on Bakari or JoeT to make any 3pt shots. If JoeT would just take care of the ball and shoot midrange jump shots/drive it to hoop, he will help the team.

JoeW and Garza need to both be ON today.

Refreshing to see a home team not having everything falling against the Hawks

*knocking furiously on wood*

Reactions: Tunadog
And one....

On 3 of Garza's 5 buckets, he has been fouled.

Kriener took a forearm shove in the back by Otouru on a rebound.

Two ticky tack reaches called on Iowa.

I am going to try really hard to not get mad at officiating or the Hawks today but I want some and 1s called when deserved for Garza.

Reactions: Moral
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT