ADVERTISEMENT

*****Iowa (W) vs Minnesota Game Thread*****

QChawks

HR King
Feb 11, 2013
Quad Cities
8pm Peacock

The Hawkeyes (24-4, 13-3) visit the Gophers (15-12, 5-11) in the last conference road trip.

Not a lot to play for either team, other than BTT seeding. Iowa trying to grab the 2 seed and Minny looking to avoid the Wed tourney game.

Give me 103-77 hawks

8pm Peacock

The Hawkeyes (24-4, 13-3) visit the Gophers (15-12, 5-11) in the last conference road trip.

Not a lot to play for either team, other than BTT seeding. Iowa trying to grab the 2 seed and Minny looking to avoid the Wed tourney game.

Give me 103-77 hawks
Thought the game was at 6pm?

@Moral at tipoff

Work From Home Sleeping GIF

This game is so late that by the time it starts HyVee stores will have locked one of their entrances.
I have a friend with 4 tickets taking his daughter to the game. He offered to take my daughter and I with his extra ones. I had to turn it down because we wouldn't get home until 11 or later on a school night. Both girls are elementary aged but his kid starts school at 9:30 so they're still going. Mine starts at 7:45, so no way we could do it.

Luckily I bought BTT tickets a couple days before they were sold out.

Here's my preview. Since Braun was injured Minnesota is 1-6 with some pretty brutal losses. As long as Iowa shows up ready to play this game probably won't be all that close.

https://iowa.rivals.com/news/preview-no-6-iowa-wbb-at-minnesota
You mean if their offense can travel.

They will continue to have zero interest in playing defense like the men, and continue to just hope that if they score enough points, the other team will go away, which to their credit, had been working.

The problem is teams are starting to say "f*** it Yolo" and snag that 21% shooting bonus that all opponents are offered when playing a University of Iowa basketball team, and they'll put out some of their best offensive outputs of the season. And if Iowa stops trying on offense, then we get games like Ohio State and Nebraska and mental midget games like at Indiana, and games like against Michigan and Penn State where a 20 pt lead with 5 minutes left doesn't feel safe enough to go to the bench because they give up immediate 10-0 runs, turning the ball over and chucking up no-f***s-given one-and-done shots on offense.

Watch the games, no actually watch the games, and with someone who understands/coaches basketball, if anyone disagrees with me...................you're welcome.

:D

Reactions: Hawksbyamillion
8pm Peacock

Give me 103-77 hawks
Clark needs to get a triple double to defend her all time triple duble record as Sandford is coming for it...

You mean if their offense can travel.

They will continue to have zero interest in playing defense like the men, and continue to just hope that if they score enough points, the other team will go away, which to their credit, had been working.

The problem is teams are starting to say "f*** it Yolo" and snag that 21% shooting bonus that all opponents are offered when playing a University of Iowa basketball team, and they'll put out some of their best offensive outputs of the season. And if Iowa stops trying on offense, then we get games like Ohio State and Nebraska and mental midget games like at Indiana, and games like against Michigan and Penn State where a 20 pt lead with 5 minutes left doesn't feel safe enough to go to the bench because they give up immediate 10-0 runs, turning the ball over and chucking up no-f***s-given one-and-done shots on offense.

Watch the games, no actually watch the games, and with someone who understands/coaches basketball, if anyone disagrees with me...................you're welcome.

:D
Pretty much nailed it 👌

I'm not poor. I happen to believe you should not have to pay a steaming service to watch a college basketball game. You can disagree if you like but be accurate with what you say.
If you're paying Stanley Steemer for sports you're doing it wrong. But I'll play devils advocate, do you watch games on FS1/ESPN/BTN?

• Haha
Reactions: InsaneHawkJJP
Yes, and because of that, I have to pay yet another streaming service to watch a college game? That is what I have problem with.
No I think these never-ending off shoot streaming platforms are dumb, I was just curious if you were an "over the antenna" only guy.

Reactions: NevadaHawk
This game is so late that by the time it starts HyVee stores will have locked one of their entrances.
No doubt. I get up for work at 2:30am and leave the house by 3, so these 8pm starts are a no go for me. I can hang with the games that end by 8pm though. Thank goodness for the DVR, or in this case on Peacock they have the games set up so you can replay them the next day. Nice......

Reactions: Hawksfor3 and Moral
I'm not poor. I happen to believe you should not have to pay a steaming service to watch a college basketball game. You can disagree if you like but be accurate with what you say.
Yeah, I can't get myself to buy it either. Cable bill already too expensive, but this is probably the way of the future. Old dog, new tricks...
The Pack Dogs GIF by Amazon Prime Video

Reactions: NevadaHawk
Lol.. like thats the M.O. on the internet......

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT