ADVERTISEMENT

*****Iowa (W) vs Minnesota Game Thread*****

crazy how a soon to be 14-3 conference record (and a #6 national ranking) won't even win a share of the B1G Title

tOSU didn’t have to play at Indiana this year so they gained that one game advantage.
Assuming we win on Sunday, would be the second year in a row that a team won the title outright because they didn’t have to play one of the top teams on the road. (IU didn’t play at Maryland last year)

"Well, no sh**", not to be an a** lol.

I'm shocked we're ranked 6th, honestly. We should be 10th right now if the people making the polls were actually being honest.

It's obvious where our deficiencies are, comparatively speaking, athleticism included.

I would be highly disappointed though, if we lose in the tournament like we did against Creighton two years ago where we simply just didn't shoot well (aka dying because we didn't make shots).

That's not why we lost to LSU, and it's not specifically why we lost in our 3 conference games this year (notice I didn't mention K-State).
So to the original post:

We are, this season, thee definition of live and die by the three.

The girls making three’s by the handful last night aren’t regulars. It won’t continue. And..it was against garbage Minnesota.

So to the original post:

We are, this season, thee definition of live and die by the three.

The girls making three’s by the handful last night aren’t regulars. It won’t continue. And..it was against garbage Minnesota.
You're trying too hard to avoid setting yourself up for disappointment, lol..........

Btw, I know we're supposed to be pessimistic realistic in this exercise, but the starters not named Clark were 5 of 9 from three. Martin was 0-2. That won't continue..............or will it? :eek:

Also, the only bench players to hit threes were Feuerbach (4) and McCabe (5). Are they not regular rotation players/players everyone but Bluder has been suggesting get more minutes for months now?

And yes, if they don't continue to progress, we will struggle.......again, no sh**.

:)

You're trying too hard to avoid setting yourself up for disappointment, lol..........

Btw, I know we're supposed to be pessimistic realistic in this exercise, but the starters not named Clark were 5 of 9 from three. Martin was 0-2. That won't continue..............or will it? :eek:

Also, the only bench players to hit threes were Feuerbach (4) and McCabe (5). Are they not regular rotation players/players everyone but Bluder has been suggesting get more minutes for months now?

And yes, if they don't continue to progress, we will struggle.......again, no sh**.

Did anyone else feel like CC actually looked more relaxed last night? Yes, I know it was Minnesota but I get the feeling that her, and maybe the rest of the team is pretty glad this "record" is behind them all and they can just go out and play hoops. If they SHOOT like last night, they can go a LONG way in the tournament.

Did anyone else feel like CC actually looked more relaxed last night? Yes, I know it was Minnesota but I get the feeling that her, and maybe the rest of the team is pretty glad this "record" is behind them all and they can just go out and play hoops. If they SHOOT like last night, they can go a LONG way in the tournament.
Yes, I also noticed she was back to her pre-record temperament IMO.

Reactions: ddeanHawk

We’ll re-visit soon

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT