ADVERTISEMENT

Heated at rhe end of the game?!

Connor is awesome if you are a hawk fan, at least when fans aren’t saying he doesn’t belong in the court and should stick to baseball. For every other team in college basketball, massive douche.
I'm a Hawk fan. And he's an f'in punk.
At the end of the 1st half he's cryin to daddy and pointing fingers at Evelyn. Would love to see someone lay him out one game.

The Ref's failed to control the last 4 seconds
of the game. This led to needless hacking
of Connor by Illinois

The Illinois Assistant Coach failed to control
his mouth toward Fran during the handshake
walk. So Fran pulled his players from the floor.

End of Story where Hawkeyes win by 7 points.

Reactions: fivec61
Look, calm down. This is a message board where we post our takes. Illinois took a swipe at the call, Conor defended the ball, ref pushed him away to avoid problems, walking away Conor gave some looks back at Illini players and may have said something. Illinois coach took offense.

Uhh because I was there. Why do you claim I didn’t see it?
you was there and started posting within minutes on the Hawkeye message board ? RRIIGGHTT

Reactions: Chuck C
Ive watched it over and over and I don't see CMac do anything. The official looks like he was chasing him down, but I don't see CMac doing anything. It just looked like the assistant wouldn't shut up to Fran about something (the dunk??) not sure. It was the assistant who wouldn't shut up and Fran finally said, "enough".
It was actually 2 assistants yelling at Fran , they seem to take turns

Reactions: fivec61
At the end of the 1st half he's cryin to daddy and pointing fingers at Evelyn. Would love to see someone lay him out one game.

better watch it. There’s group mentality around here. You will be a bitch, a douche bag, and be bad at your job in no time at all.

Reactions: LinusPF
Look, calm down. This is a message board where we post our takes. Illinois took a swipe at the call, Conor defended the ball, ref pushed him away to avoid problems, walking away Conor gave some looks back at Illini players and may have said something. Illinois coach took offense.

Uhh because I was there. Why do you claim I didn’t see it?

Who the F is Conor?

It’s Connor, get it right. Connor did nothing but hold the ball to end the game, they literally punched at it numerous times and hacked him. Illini player is at fault along with officials for not calling it or telling the Illini player to back off. If anything, Connor was giving the refs an earful for not calling a foul. Blame Underwood for calling timeout in the first place down 7 w/ 4 seconds left, this whole thing is on him not controlling his players or assistants.

Do you know what the word instigate means?

Because if you did you would realize that the person punching at the ball was the instigator.

In no way is that debatable.

yeah, theres truth to that. And then Connor could have just walked off and ended it. But he didn’t. He kept looking back at the players. Instigating more

Do you know what the word instigate means?

Because if you did you would realize that the person punching at the ball was the instigator.

In no way is that debatable.
No Connor is the instigator for dropping a full court dime to Wieskamp to seal the W. Illinois’ coaches and bench were fully instigated at that juncture

That's probably why I like Iowa so much.....always playing the game with class, no matter the sport. You will never see Iowa do classless things such as what the Illini were doing at the end.

Class???? Is that why in the last 10 seconds when the game was over and Illinois was NOT going to foul and Iowa throws a deep pass....rather than dribbling out the clock your class player dunks it!!! Garza...very good player but after you make the 3 to ice the game DON"T puff out your jersey at the Illinois bench!!! Act like you've been there before!!!

Should be a fun game in Champaign!!! Go Illini!!

Reactions: Mister G
Class???? Is that why in the last 10 seconds when the game was over and Illinois was NOT going to foul and Iowa throws a deep pass....rather than dribbling out the clock your class player dunks it!!! Garza...very good player but after you make the 3 to ice the game DON"T puff out your jersey at the Illinois bench!!! Act like you've been there before!!!

Illinois literally had players sprinting at Connor to foul. Fake news

yeah, theres truth to that. And then Connor could have just walked off and ended it. But he didn’t. He kept looking back at the players. Instigating more
You mean reacting more, not instigating. Connor didn’t make anyone do anything, unless you think he walked up the Illinois player and forcibly made him hack at the ball. Or did Connor call Illinois’ timeout for them down 7 with 4 seconds left.

Reactions: WadeWilson

Iowa was up 8, Garza gets the rebound with 19 seconds to go. That is a 3 possession ball game still, you are kidding yourself by saying Illinois wasn't going to foul because it was still possible for Illinois to win the game just very, very unlikely. 4 possession ball game and the game was sealed and that is the reason why that play happened.

What? He's a hard nosed guy like his dad. We were missing that with the group before him that folded like a chair in close games. This team reflects the McCaffrey toughness. Fun to watch..

That’s BS. He had two Illini running at him to foul him. Also, if it’s over then why was Illinois still shooting 3’s under 10 seconds, calling timeouts with 4 seconds left then hacking at Connor?

dorected some comments towards their bench
In response. While Connor is definitely not non-verbal out there, I think your “objectivity” is a work in progress in regards to this particular incident. Illini reacted poorly to Weez dunk, calling timeout after the corner three in part because they were upset about Weez dunk. Note that Iowa was in no way upset that Illini kept playing. Out of timeout Frazier fouls CJ for 40 feet, no whistle. Fouls CJ on the pass, no whistle. Connor absorbs close-fisted punches at the ball. No whistle or reaction from Connor towards Illini player. Connor says something to ref, which, objectively, he has every right to do given the refs’ management of that last possession, and I believe Connor is a captain—meaning he is allowed to have voice with refs. As refs react to Connor (which looked bad on TV) Illini coach—at least the bigger, thicker black assistant—say something to Connor (none of their business at that point) and Connor responds. Connor just absorbed bush league punches at the ball, a few of which got a piece of his midsection. Sorry, but I take zero issue with Connor taking issue with some Illini coach saying shit to him at that point.

Two Iwhini players were making a beeline to McCaffery to foul him.

GTFO.

They seem to be forgetting that part. Hell, I had under 132.5 so I was begging them to back off. I didn't want that dunk either but you don't see me breaking down like a little bitch over it.

Classic illinois. Reminds me of all the entitled snots who came from the burbs to IC. Babies.

For Fuks sake guys. Even if it was a bad take, it’s just a bad take. Not saying it was at all btw. Why so personal? Get a grip. For all those that have made personal comments, good for you. Congrats. Do you want to fight me too? Do I need a life? What else?
tenor.gif

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT