ADVERTISEMENT

How will Brian remembered

General Tso

HR Heisman
Nov 20, 2004
I'm trying to remind myself that dude bled black and gold, was a solid player here, and generally repped the school well when not coaching here. And likely was handcuffed by a dated offensive philosophy. But man, the other side of me isn't pulling punches with the racial stuff, the thought of him riding dad's coattails for a mil a year, etc

giphy.gif

I think he will be remembered as the worst OC in Hawkeye history. I mean under his watch it literally is the worst offense with the worst rated QB in the nation at this level. And it's not close.

This. Historically bad. Not just at Iowa, but among all offensive coordinators ever.

Reactions: Thunderlips71
Who gives a ****. Bye Nepo baby.

When you're looking at Greg Davis's tenure in a very positive light, you’re down bad.

Reactions: Thunderlips71
I'll give him credit for bleeding black and gold, but that's about it. He was gifted the OC gig at age 34 being completely unqualified, over more than 100 other applicants for the position. There's no way you can convince me that BF was the top candidate or that him getting the job didn't have everything to do with his last name.

That kind of entitlement I'll never respect.

2017 OSU and 2019 season Holiday Bowl were two excellent showings of game planning and preparation.

The rest of it is all a bit...iffy.

Reactions: Symbiosis
from the college kid living in reduced income housing with a dad making $5M a year to his OC and QB coach appointment... one word: fraud.
That’s what I was thinking. I’ll always remember Kirk for turning a blind eye to it.

I’d take it a step farther…worst OC in modern day college football…☠️
I just question how our passing scheme is so bad and how different it is from others. I think it is obvious to many we avoid the middle of the field. That is something that HAS to change. As good as our defense is, you see many wr’s that are wide open. You can watch college football all day and see many outmanned teams have wr’s wide open. We never seem to have that despite having plenty of competitive speed at the position. I just don’t understand how KF can’t see that.

Reactions: Rambler Hawk
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT