ADVERTISEMENT

Hurricane season has arrived....

FWIW. I bought a 12'er of Jai Alai today here in WV in honor of my Floridians and am 6 deep.
Morehouse and I drank eleventy billion of them after one of Iowa’s Outback Bowl wins. They were giving them away at the official media hotel post-game gathering.

I don’t know how I got back to my hotel in Clearwater that night, and when I went outside my motel room (I was doing a degenerate bowl trip so stayed at a motel next to a strip bar) there was a half-smoked J sitting inside a single one of my shoes outside the door.

Good times.

A derecho will hit you if you do that.
game of thrones khaleesi GIF

Morehouse and I drank eleventy billion of them after one of Iowa’s Outback Bowl wins. They were giving them away at the official media hotel post-game gathering.

I don’t know how I got back to my hotel in Clearwater that night, and when I went outside my motel room (I was doing a degenerate bowl trip so stayed at a motel next to a strip bar) there was a half-smoked J sitting inside a single one of my shoes outside the door.

Good times.
So wait, you paid for your hotel room on a work trip?

Cedar Rapids is better. Come on down.

But for real, I have no clue what’s going to happen to Florida. The state is going to be completely uninsurable at this rate.

This storm is hitting the most sparsely-populated area of the state. Nothing really to insure.

• Haha
Reactions: Kelsers
You pay the price to live in a flood zone I guess. What's it cost for federal insurance?

It's actually pretty cheap but most people pass on it because it's only required by the mortgage lender if you live in high-risk zones. Our backyard is in a high risk zone but Tradition Manor is up on a hill. It would take a Noah-like situation to flood our house. We had to fight the bank over getting it but we won.

Looking better for Trailerhassee

8:30PM EDT: Helene is on the far eastern edge of the cone, and yes that is clearly the center where the eye is. Grand scheme of things, not much chance as the wind field is so large over the Peninsula, but this has big implications where the extreme surge and extreme wind will occur. Tracking more in the vicinity of Steinhatchee now. Think it will bend more N at some point but Tallahassee should miss the eye I think.

Looking better for Trailerhassee

8:30PM EDT: Helene is on the far eastern edge of the cone, and yes that is clearly the center where the eye is. Grand scheme of things, not much chance as the wind field is so large over the Peninsula, but this has big implications where the extreme surge and extreme wind will occur. Tracking more in the vicinity of Steinhatchee now. Think it will bend more N at some point but Tallahassee should miss the eye I think.

Steinhatchee is going to get clobbered again.

• Sad
Reactions: TC Nole OX
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT