ADVERTISEMENT

In the end...I stuck with voting for Stein

JRHawk2003

HR King
Jul 9, 2003
In the end I just could not support Hillary. I could not in good conscience vote to continue the Middle East Policy, the messing around in the Ukraine, and ties to Wall Street.

Trump is a reality show clown so not even a serious candidate.

There really wasn't a great choice.

Last edited:
In the end I just could not support her. I could not in good conscience vote to continue the Middle East Policy, the messing around in the Ukraine, and ties to Wall Street.

Trump is a reality show clown so not even a serious candidate.

There really wasn't a great choice.

Pretend scenario: if Hillary loses by one vote in your state, and that state is within the amount of electoral college votes that Trump wins the election by, how would you feel?

Pretend scenario: if Hillary loses by one vote in your state, and that state is within the amount of electoral college votes that Trump wins the election by, how would you feel?

The same as I do now. I weighed this for some time and did not decide until I actually had the ballot in hand.

This. It's your right to throw your vote away as you apparently just did, but you will have done a great disservice to your country by not voting for the only candidate who is fit to be our president who has a chance to win, Secretary Clinton.

Reactions: naturalmwa
This. It's your right to throw your vote away as you apparently just did, but you will have done a great disservice to your country by not voting for the only candidate who is fit to be our president who has a chance to win, Secretary Clinton.

Your talking points are really getting tiring. She's your choice. People that talk about throwing vote away are basically saying you didn't vote for my candidate, therefore, you suck and you threw your vote away.

I also admire him for sticking to his conscience. Neither of the two party candidates are good people (rotten to their cores).

So go ahead and shove that "throw your vote away" nonsense up your ass.

hqdefault.jpg

And you can take your sanctimonious bull crap and put it in the same place.

Lets say these people normally leaned Republican and just couldn't vote their ticket. Wouldn't that be a vote for Hillary? You lemmings should be thrilled. And sanctimonious? You and the other prick, Ciggy are the ones acting like you have the moral high ground.

Green Party used to be a real political party with potential. Now, just for show. A distraction. Bernie knows that changing the Democratic from within is the best way to move this country forward. Too bad so many of my fellow Bernie supporters are so impatient and easily distracted from his goals.

Lets say these people normally leaned Republican and just couldn't vote their ticket. Wouldn't that be a vote for Hillary? You lemmings should be thrilled. And sanctimonious? That's you and Ciggy to the core.

Jan, when it comes to this political season, you act more morally superior than just about anyone here. The whole shtick of "I don't have a dog in the fight." "Both are terrible." Lemmings." etc. etc. just shows your sanctomionious attitude. That somehow you are better because you don't like either and that people that do are "Lemmings." The definition of Lemming is "a person who unthinkingly joins a mass movement, especially a headlong rush to destruction." By referring to me and ciggy as those implies you do feel morally superior. So you can take that attitude and shove it as well.

Again, we're not picking a homecoming king. We are choosing a president. Someone that can have a major impact on the future of the country. You may hate both candidates, which is fine and I get that. But, voting for Stein or Johnson is just throwing your vote away. No matter what they are unlikely to be above 10 percent to cause even the slightest dent to get people to consider third party in the future.

You can vote for whichever, Hillary or Donald, one you less hate, or a party platform or etc instead of voting for someone who has zero chance of winning.

Jan, when it comes to this political season, you act more morally superior than just about anyone here. The whole shtick of "I don't have a dog in the fight." "Both are terrible." Lemmings." etc. etc. just shows your sanctomionious attitude. That somehow you are better because you don't like either and that people that do are "Lemmings." The definition of Lemming is "a person who unthinkingly joins a mass movement, especially a headlong rush to destruction." By referring to me and ciggy as those implies you do feel morally superior. So you can take that attitude and shove it as well.

Again, we're not picking a homecoming king. We are choosing a president. Someone that can have a major impact on the future of the country. You may hate both candidates, which is fine and I get that. But, voting for Stein or Johnson is just throwing your vote away. No matter what they are unlikely to be above 10 percent to cause even the slightest dent to get people to consider third party in the future.

You can vote for whichever, Hillary or Donald, one you less hate, or a party platform or etc instead of voting for someone who has zero chance of winning.

Yep, People who throw their votes away like that can feel proud that they let the perfect get in the way of the good and now feel pure and superior while helping to elect the person they'd least like to see elected.

So thank you for keeping the 2 party system intact. Well done sir.

A woman who is where she is only because of who she married isn't really a fit IMO. If she wasn't married to bill, she would just be another lawyer.

I find that a very odd stance. Nobody would be where they are except for other people. Trump would be a nobody if his dad didn't give him several million dollars to start with. George W. Bush would be a nobody if not for his dad. Ronald Reagan would not have been president if it wasn't for some casting director that gave him a break early on in his career.

Where does it end? There has to be something said for people that make use of what they are given. That could go for both Hillary and Trump.

I find that a very odd stance. Nobody would be where they are except for other people. Trump would be a nobody if his dad didn't give him several million dollars to start with. George W. Bush would be a nobody if not for his dad. Ronald Reagan would not have been president if it wasn't for some casting director that gave him a break early on in his career.

Where does it end? There has to be something said for people that make use of what they are given. That could go for both Hillary and Trump.

Not to mention that it's absolutely wrong. In fact, it would well be argued that being married to Bill has actually held Hillary back. After her stint on the Watergate Committee she could have picked and chosen the high powered jobs she wanted in DC, and her own political career would likely have started out even earlier. She was the one who was the star when she and Bill met, having been profiled as a voice of her generation in Life magazine as a senior in college at Wellesley. Instead of taking a job in DC, she moved to Little Rock to be with Bill and the rest is history. Over and over again, she was forced to remake herself to advance Bill's political career, putting her own ambitions on hold.

I'm not the one talking down to those that didn't vote for the two party candidates. And anyone that pushes their candidate and bashes those that would support the other fall into your description of acting morally superior. Have you been reading these posts?

I stepped in to defend the OP for standing his ground and basically saying enough is enough. It seems our choices in candidates gets worse with each election.

I normally lean right when I vote, but I have been known to stray across party lines if I think the candidate is a good person in both national and local elections. Hence the reason I voted for Obama in 08 and several Democrats in the local and federal Congress. That's about the only quality I look for in a candidate now days, because both parties are going to carry out the wishes of those that paid for their election. That's not acting like I'm taking the moral high ground. That's facing reality.

Neither Donald Trump, nor Hillary Clinton come off as "good" people. This is the worst set of choices I've seen during my entire adult life, and I just decided this time, I was not going to vote for the lesser of two evils. These two are just bad for America, IMO.

The best thing you, Ciggy, and the rest of the "throwing your vote away and doing a disservice to the country" can do is just vote for who you think is best, and respect that others voted for who they think is best. But doing a disservice to this country? Unbelievable.

Jesus, people bitch about Hillary being a criminal but OP voted for the person with an ACTUAL arrest warrant issued for her. Unbelievable.

If my vote was enough to swing the election for Trump, my thoughts would be that the Democrats let us down by giving us Hillary. There isn't anyone else that they could have put up that would make this election close.

I thought very carefully about it. Hillary will bomb and kill in the Middle East and expand the drone war. In fact I would not surprised to see US ground troops in Syria. Also, there is no national interest in the Ukraine. There is literally no chance Russia invades Western Europe. Then, she took a lot of money from Wall Street. Do you really think Wall Street puts out that kind of money without knowing there will be some return on their investment? Come on.

My greatest disappointment with Obama is the drone war. How many innocent people have we killed in collateral damage? Its horrible, and she will turn it up a notch to show how tough she is on terrorism.

No, she is not a good candidate. Just because Trump is a reality show clown is not reason enough to support her.

I've pretty much leaned Constitutional Party ever since the Libertarian Party got all Koch'd up.

You seem to treat your political affiliation like most of your jobs. Hop around every 6 months. Maybe try to tough it out every now and then. It builds character. Not that you aren't a character, but "positive" character.

I applaud the OP for voting his conscience. He didn't throw his vote away. Bravo sir, bravo.

Personally, I cast my vote by not voting for president. I refuse to sacrifice my beliefs and principles by voting for either Clinton or Trump. I did not research any of the third party candidates so did not feel comfortable voting for any of them.

It is the lemmings who vote party over country that are throwing their vote away.

You seem to treat your political affiliation like most of your jobs. Hop around every 6 months. Maybe try to tough it out every now and then. It builds character. Not that you aren't a character, but "positive" character.

I've historically been very loyal to my employer. I really never change things up unless there are extenuating circumstances, like moving to a different city. I do odds and ends stuff now, while I'm in school, but that's just because I don't want to get too bogged down with work. I would rather keep pumping out "A" after "A."

The same as I do now. I weighed this for some time and did not decide until I actually had the ballot in hand.

I appreciate that. I was similarly torn in NC this morning. I was never going to vote Trump and I don't like HRC at all. I really wanted to vote Libertarian and have advocated as such. In the end, I decided I was more anti-Trump than anything else, so I threw up in my mouth and voted HRC. At this point, I'm just hoping for gridlock. Unfortunately, I couldn't even vote for Pittenger because I can't stand that idiot....so I voted Dem for POTUS, GOP for Senate and Dem for the House. I would have gone 3rd party in Pittenger's race, but there wasn't an option.

Some new version of the GOP (something that actually resembles the best ideals of the 'GO' party of the past) needs to rise from the ashes quickly. Trump, and those who let him get there, have burned this party to the ground.

Green Party used to be a real political party with potential. Now, just for show. A distraction. Bernie knows that changing the Democratic from within is the best way to move this country forward. Too bad so many of my fellow Bernie supporters are so impatient and easily distracted from his goals.
I just wanted to recognize this little piece of wisdom. Good job.

I appreciate that. I was similarly torn in NC this morning. I was never going to vote Trump and I don't like HRC at all. I really wanted to vote Libertarian and have advocated as such. In the end, I decided I was more anti-Trump than anything else, so I threw up in my mouth and voted HRC. At this point, I'm just hoping for gridlock. Unfortunately, I couldn't even vote for Pittenger because I can't stand that idiot....so I voted Dem for POTUS, GOP for Senate and Dem for the House. I would have gone 3rd party in Pittenger's race, but there wasn't an option.

Some new version of the GOP (something that actually resembles the best ideals of the 'GO' party of the past) needs to rise from the ashes quickly. Trump, and those who let him get there, have burned this party to the ground.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT