ADVERTISEMENT

****Indiana vs Iowa Game Thread****

Yep, that what your team stud needs to do.
Lotta pressure on 1 guy though, when it shouldn't have to be that way all the time.

Gonna have some fans haranguing him for having a 'bad' night when he puts up a 25/8 effort and Iowa loses by a few points.

Reactions: NevadaHawk
Lotta pressure on 1 guy though, when it shouldn't have to be that way all the time.

Gonna have some fans haranguing him for having a 'bad' night when he puts up a 25/8 effort and Iowa loses by a few points.
I agree, but eventually others will (hopefully) step up.

Give up 50 in the first half. Score 51 in the second half. Typical Iowa basketball under Fran. It is certainly not boring.

Kris and Philip were fantastic tonight. Unfortunately, they will have to perform like that every night for this team to be successful.

Reactions: tweeterhawk
Give up 50 in the first half. Score 51 in the second half. Typical Iowa basketball under Fran. It is certainly not boring.

Kris and Philip were fantastic tonight. Unfortunately, they will have to perform like that every night for this team to be successful.
yep. your good players have to play well. who would have thought.

Reactions: Mohawkeye
This game is a perfect example of the Big Ten fixing a game. Scriotto and Scott are probably the two most dishonest officials, maybe in the country but certainly working Big Ten games. They know how this game is supposed to turn out. That basket interference non call is a classic. That is not discretionary. The rule is clear and has been for decades. Kind of like the rule about intentionally throwing the ball into another player's face. Doesn't matter, those two officials have been game fixing for years and the Big Ten keeps them, so the Big Ten clearly likes what it's getting.

Now me, I'd like to force them into a gladiatorial fight to the death and then, without telling him first, feed the winner to small sharks.
Or feed them to ill-tempered sea bass !

Lot of positives off the bench. Dix looked good. Mulvey while undeveloped was given great effort. Not ready to call him a miss yet. While not sure he’ll be starting soon I do think he can develop into a player who brings a lot off the bench.

The program has been garbage for years. Didn’t watch the game, nor will I watch any the remainder of the season. There are high school teams that could beat this team and I’m not exaggerating.
nope just showing your hate and your stupidity.

I'd like to see the rule. Seems like grabbing the rim should be AUTOMATIC basket interference.

I don't care if the rim didn't move. By that logic we should jump up and grab the rim on defense.
I’m late to this, but hands on the rim changes any bounce that happens. Should absolutely be automatic goaltending on the offense or defense.

so if you say your sorry the hate is ok?
WRONG
In your world any criticism of PMac for his well known deficiency in playing defense Is hate?

says the poster That comes in late and only hates on others posts
that’s called trolling

really? you really think that? no not really? must be your Fran hate speaking.
WRONG, WRONG and WRONG

FACT Dix has played well in his minutes
FACT Dix doesn’t get many minutes
FACT Fran is in charge of minutes

TROLL. It must be you hating Fran for presentation of pure FACTS

Lot of positives off the bench. Dix looked good. Mulvey while undeveloped was given great effort. Not ready to call him a miss yet. While not sure he’ll be starting soon I do think he can develop into a player who brings a lot off the bench.
I’m scratching my head as to why Mulvey (and Ogundule) hasn’t gotten a few more minutes this year. From what little we’ve seen he doesn’t seem to be hurting us and he against teams with a true center he is a better defensive alternative than Murray - we don’t want him in foul trouble.

WRONG
In your world any criticism of PMac for his well known deficiency in playing defense Is hate?

says the poster That comes in late and only hates on others posts
that’s called trolling
some people are actually watching the game not posting negatives on here

Reactions: KcTo
I’m scratching my head as to why Mulvey (and Ogundule) hasn’t gotten a few more minutes this year. From what little we’ve seen he doesn’t seem to be hurting us and he against teams with a true center he is a better defensive alternative than Murray - we don’t want him in foul trouble.

Thought Mulvey showed good energy when he was out there. Attacked the offensive glass hard and got a foul called and almost came up with the steal on the press.

Reactions: Obviously Oblivious
ok, somebody who really knows the rules should be chiming in

lol

i thought it was basket interference

guess not
So I, like many others on here, thought the rule was clear cut: no touching the rim while the ball is over the rim. HOWEVER, I don't think thats the rule. Here is the rule from the 2021-2022 NCAA Rulebook:

Section 15. Basket Interference and Goaltending

Art. 1. It is a violation to commit basket interference or goaltending.
Art. 2. Basket interference.
a. Basket interference occurs when a player:

1. Touches the ball or any part of the basket while the ball is on or within the basket. If the touching of the basket involves contact with the net only, the official must determine if the touching had any effect on the ball which would rise to the level of basket interference;
2. Touches the ball while any part of it is within the cylinder that has the ring as its lower base;
3. Reaches through the basket from below and touches the ball before it enters the cylinder;
4. Pulls down a movable ring so that it contacts the ball before the ring returns to its original position; and
5. Causes the basket or backboard to vibrate when the ball is on or within the basket or the backboard and/or is on or in the cylinder.

b. The cylinder is the imaginary geometric figure that has the ring as its base and is formed by the upward extension of that ring.

c. The ball shall be considered to be within the basket when any part of the ball is below the cylinder and the level of the ring.
d. A player may have a hand legally in contact with the ball, when this contact continues after the ball enters the cylinder or when, during such action, the player touches or grabs the basket.

So I think the question is whether the player touched the rim while the ball was on the rim, or caused the rim to vibrate. The ball was not on the rim when he touched it. Arguably he made the rim vibrate, but if we're being honest with ourselves, he didn't affect the shot at all.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT