ADVERTISEMENT

****Iowa @ Illinois Game Thread****

Plus we want the Iowa/MSU combo to keep Iowa at 4, Illinois at 5, and OSU at 6. Easier path to the BTT championship game imo.

Best thing I’ve seen all day?
Bo Boroski
Courtney Green
And Lil Larry Scirotto are all in East Lansing.

Szelc was in Minneapolis and Pfieffer was in College Park with Terry Oglesby and DJ Carstensen.

That could mean Eades doing his second Iowa/Illinois game.

As it appears MSU is going to win, then Iowa / IL game is for the double bye and the 4 seed and the loser is the 5 seed. I don't see a huge difference there as I don't think either team can make the finals (happily wrong) and in fact, the 5-seed gets a warm up game, extra win and could be an adv.

The big win here is having MSU and Maryland as the 2 / 3 seeds and Wisconsin as the 1 seed as I feel like Iowa does match up better against Sconnie and could make the finals. There, I'm arguing with myself.

As it appears MSU is going to win, then Iowa / IL game is for the double bye and the 4 seed and the loser is the 5 seed. I don't see a huge difference there as I don't think either team can make the finals (happily wrong) and in fact, the 5-seed gets a warm up game, extra win and could be an adv.

The big win here is having MSU and Maryland as the 2 / 3 seeds and Wisconsin as the 1 seed as I feel like Iowa does match up better against Sconnie and could make the finals. There, I'm arguing with myself.

Wrong. The 1 seed sucks. Ooops, I read the rest. Yes, Iowa and Wisconsin would be a virtual toss up. I love that match up.

The game in Iowa City:

65 Illinois
72 IOWA

Iowa shot 50% from the field.

Scoring:
25: Garza
18: CJF
18: Weezy
61 of 72 points

The other 11 points?
9: Connor (3 of 5 shooting)
2: JoeT (1 of 5 shooting)

I was thinking the same thing. It is tough to beat the same team 3 times in 1 season. A loss tonight might be better for Iowa in the tourney. I know, I know, we want the double bye, but.....

who will the 5 seed face to get to the quarterfinals?

Win and our next game will be against Illinois in the Tourney, lose and we probably play Illinois anyway right?

Tyler Underwood is starting!

giphy.gif

Reactions: bojihawk44
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT