ADVERTISEMENT

******Iowa @ Michigan Game Thread******

Iowa did have Dickinson in foul trouble in the first half last game. He picked up his second foul with 11:25 or so left in the half. Iowa either did a poor job in the 2nd half of attacking him or Dickinson did a great job of not fouling. If I remember correctly, Michigan played a lot of zone, which would help keep him out of foul trouble, and Iowa didn't attack the zone very well.

Iowa did have Dickinson in foul trouble in the first half last game. He picked up his second foul with 11:25 or so left in the half. Iowa either did a poor job in the 2nd half of attacking him or Dickinson did a great job of not fouling. If I remember correctly, Michigan played a lot of zone, which would help keep him out of foul trouble, and Iowa didn't attack the zone very well.

I just think Fran has his rotations down now where he won't need to rely on heavy minutes from Kris, especially when Kris averages just 18 min/game.

And getting Hunter in foul trouble is easier said than done. He's only fouled out once this season and averages 32 minutes/game.

To me, the keys to the game:

* Rebound better. Iowa got outrebounded 40-37 vs Michigan in the first game. As we know this season, Iowa wins the game when it outrebounds its opponent.

* What's our answer for Diabate, who scored 28 points on 12-15 (80%) shooting in the first game.

* Connor did not attempt a shot in 16 minutes playing time last time vs Michigan. That will change in this game.

* Protect the ball. Michigan got 18 points off 11 Iowa turnovers in the last game. Iowa got just 9 points off 11 Michigan turnovers.

* Make your FTs! Iowa shooting was not good, especially from 3 and from the FT line (7 misses).

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: topherchris20
I just think Fran has his rotations down now where he won't need to rely on heavy minutes from Kris, especially when Kris averages just 18 min/game.

And getting Hunter in foul trouble is easier said than done. He's only fouled out once this season and averages 32 minutes/game.

* Rebound better. Iowa got outrebounded 40-37 vs Michigan in the first game. As we know this season, Iowa wins the game when it outrebounds its opponent.

* What's out answer for Diabate, who scored 28 points on 12-15 (80%) shooting in the first game.

* Connor did not attempt a shot in 16 minutes playing time last time vs Michigan. That will change in this game.

* Protect the ball. Michigan got 18 points off 11 Iowa turnovers in the last game. Iowa got just 9 points off 11 Michigan turnovers.

* Make your FTs! Iowa shooting was not good, especially from 3 and from the FT line (7 misses).
Fine you won, can we drop it now? Bolding and pasting your exact same reply multiple times doesn't change anything.

Reactions: Slim45
What's sad is we can't have an adult discussion without people like you getting your feeling all hurt.

And what's also sad are the childish words that you chose.

Be better.
Dude your whole act is childish.

Also, Dickinson has had 4 fouls in 4 of his last 9 games. He's had 3 fouls in 3 other games of those 9. Even if he doesn't get in foul trouble it's still a solid strategy to try and get him defending out in space and away from the basket.

Fine you won, can we drop it now? Bolding and pasting your exact same reply multiple times doesn't change anything.
Let him tire himself out. It's like when you play a boardgame with a child, it's best to just let them do whatever they want and believe they're winning so you can get on with doing things that actually matter.

Also, Dickinson has had 4 fouls in 4 of his last 9 games. He's had 3 fouls in 3 other games of those 9. Even if he doesn't get in foul trouble it's still a solid strategy to try and get him defending out in space and away from the basket.
It's not worth it, he's incapable of having an actual discussion. In his eyes he's perfect and never wrong, arguing with him will only bring endless pages of quotes, bolded portions of comments, and twisting of words and intentions to suit his narrative. You're better off letting it go.

* What's out answer for Diabate, who scored 28 points on 12-15 (80%) shooting in the first game.

I could care less if Kris plays, heavy, minutes at the 5. I just want him to play and play well. I just stated Iowa had him in foul trouble and Michigan played a lot of zone, which helped to keep Dickinson out of foul trouble. Michigan is fairly long on the perimeter of zone and Iowa had no answer for their zone.

Reactions: Franisdaman

Speaking of childish and strange, I don't have a quote from IowaHawkeyeFBnBB4Life in my handle.

Hunter's Personal Fouls, the last 5 games:

Average for the season: 2.7

Let him tire himself out. It's like when you play a boardgame with a child, it's best to just let them do whatever they want and believe they're winning so you can get on with doing things that actually matter.

What's up with your "winning" crap?

At least you are not using vulgar language this time, so that's an improvement.

It's not worth it, he's incapable of having an actual discussion. In his eyes he's perfect and never wrong, arguing with him will only bring endless pages of quotes, bolded portions of comments, and twisting of words and intentions to suit his narrative. You're better off letting it go.

You're one weird dude.

Wow.

Oh I'm well aware, just wanted to get in that one post and be done with it.

What's sad is we can't have an adult discussion without people like you getting your feeling all hurt.

And what's also sad are the childish words that you chose.

Be better.
Fran. I appreciate some of what you do on this board. So thanks for the stories and links. Much appreciated. But seriously look in the mirror every once in awhile. Right here you're basically saying do as I say not as I do. On occasion when your feelings get hurt you attack with a equally childish words. I won't tell you to "be better" because I'm not trying to demean you. But maybe it's a good idea for us ALL to "be better"

Fran. I appreciate some of what you do on this board. So thanks for the stories and links. Much appreciated. But seriously look in the mirror every once in awhile. Right here you're basically saying do as I say not as I do. On occasion when your feelings get hurt you attack with a equally childish words. I won't tell you to "be better" because I'm not trying to demean you. But maybe it's a good idea for us ALL to "be better"

thank you. we are all Hawkeye fans, after all...I think. ;)

This game is winnable, but it’s going to take everyone having a good night.

This feels like one of those opportunities where I get my hopes up only to be crushed. I agree with the above hopefully we show up and play well and let the chips fall where they may..

I will be much more optimistic going forward if either against michigan tonight or illinois, we can win the rebound battle.

A couple of encouraging thoughts for tonight:

It was mentioned earlier - Michigan is playing its third game in five days. Fatigue may be a factor, particularly in the second half.

Also, Iowa has done a much better job making in-game adjustments over the past few weeks. Iowa is playing defense competently for once - rebounding is markedly better and having JT and Perk in the backcourt can potentially mean some nice takeaways and hopefully some easy points in transition.

Additionally, Iowa has already played Michigan fairly recently so they already know what to expect. Iowa knows they let the previous game get away from them and look to get even with a road win. They’ll have to play better than they did in Lincoln but a win is very doable.

Reactions: HFan1981
If we go 1-1 and then 1-1 in the BTT, are we a 7 seed or better?
If the 1-1 means a win over Illinois rather than Michigan, that’s another nice Quad 1 win. Maybe enough to get us to the 6 but not a guarantee.

Iowa is solidly in the tournament, but it’s a game like this that determines whether Iowa gets a 6 seed or relegated to the dreaded 8/9 line.
Yep. Tonight decides if we play Texas Tech in Memphis or Gonzaga in Seattle.

If the 1-1 means a win over Illinois rather than Michigan, that’s another nice Quad 1 win. Maybe enough to get us to the 6 but not a guarantee.

right now we seem to be a 7 seed

i hoping we can hang on to the 7 seed if we go 1-1 (win tonight) to finish the reg season and then 1-1 in the BTT

I thought Johnny Davis was the front runner for B1G POY?
Some sources still have Cockburn as the guy to beat.

Murray seems to be the consensus #3 player, but it’s a much tighter race this year. Keegan needs two big games and a deep BTT run to win it, especially with wins at the expense of Illannoy and UW.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT