ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa-Nebraska Game Postponed

I actually expected Nebraska to handle the COVID OK just because I assumed they had it last March. If you remember, Hoiberg was visibly very ill on the bench in their last game and it was right after that everything shut down because of COVID. We didn’t have testing available at the time but I always just assumed Hoiberg had the Rona. I guess maybe not if he really has it now.
I was gonna make the same point. Nebraska shut down the B10 tournament. Did they ever say if that was officially Covid?

Reactions: Mountain Man Hawk
I actually expected Nebraska to handle the COVID OK just because I assumed they had it last March. If you remember, Hoiberg was visibly very ill on the bench in their last game and it was right after that everything shut down because of COVID. We didn’t have testing available at the time but I always just assumed Hoiberg had the Rona. I guess maybe not if he really has it now.
Hoiberg has major heart issues this is scary shit.

These should be forfeits, far too many shitty teams dodging games and not caring about taking proper safety precautions.

Just look at the clones,

Iowa State football doesn’t have any problems all year and a smaller group of basketball players suddenly can’t play, sure.
Difference between a good team caring and a crappy team not caring.

These should be forfeits, far too many shitty teams dodging games and not caring about taking proper safety precautions.

Just look at the clones,

Iowa State football doesn’t have any problems all year and a smaller group of basketball players suddenly can’t play, sure.
Couldn’t agree more! Especially when coaching bonuses upwards of $750k are on the line.. which is why I wished they would have announced a tournament field last year despite not being played.

Exactly what should happen. It sucks for MSU but when you have COVID and cancel on others, it's up to you to fit it in your schedule.
Yep, after looking at both schedules right after the game with MSU was postponed, I had suggested that Tuesday Jan 26th was probably the best available date. Now, it is even better for the Hawks.

Hoiberg has major heart issues this is scary shit.
This is ridiculous. Fred knew what Covid presented. He knew he didn’t have a good team! No one would have blamed him for sitting out the entire year due to his heart issues. Covid wouldn’t be the problem in this situation, it’d be Fred’s decision making!

Iowa UNI would be better. Our schedule already presents us plenty of ammo for a one seed.. don’t need to risk breaking momentum with drake game.. conservative standpoint but just not worth the risk! I’d be ok if anyone’s push back was if you can’t beat drake stop talking top 2 seed..

Nah, screw that.

Iowas the best team in the country right now.

I want to see this team play as many games as possible.

Reactions: Eternal Return
This is ridiculous. Fred knew what Covid presented. He knew he didn’t have a good team! No one would have blamed him for sitting out the entire year due to his heart issues. Covid wouldn’t be the problem in this situation, it’d be Fred’s decision making!
Ok.....

No seriously engage in this! This guy has more money than any human would ever need for him and his kids to live an incredible life.. he knew what Covid is! Don’t be a flip flopper now..
Maybe he wanted to be there for his team and now he is sick and there is a new strain here just recently that is 50% more contagious?

Agreed. Honestly, I'm glad it's Nebraska that cancelled and not Ohio State or Illinois. This is the one year I want to see Iowa play as many of the best teams in the league as possible.

Exactly.

Winning the league doesn't mean as much this year with the unbalanced schedules and uneven amount of games.

I just want to see this awesome once in a lifetime group play as many games as I can.

Maybe he wanted to be there for his team and now he is sick and there is a new strain here just recently that is 50% more contagious?
Haha come on... if the risk of being there for your team is worth a potential 40 extra years on this earth I don’t think we should be giving him a pass.. I’m actually on your side with the Covid shit.. you know this is a pathetic excuse for quitting a season.

As much as I hate seeing the Hawks have to give up a free win, they aren't losing much in terms of Strength Of Schedule-wise by not being able to play this game.

Reactions: millah_22
Hoiberg did NOT have Covid last march. He did however put a big enough scare in the league office to cancel the BIG tourney...

Hoiberg tested positive for flu and not covid19 at BigTen Tournament

Reactions: grayhair81
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT