ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa-Nebraska Game Postponed

Let’s try and get a home game against Michigan instead. We can trash them by 20 at Carver too!
I'm sure the coaches wouldn't like it, but since the B1G is not a complete round-robin, changing up opponents in order to get a full 20-game schedule in for everyone should be considered.

A perfect example would be that if Michigan St is not ready to go Saturday, Illinois and Iowa would both be dealing with a second cancellation in as many weeks. Those two teams could play at Carver this weekend, since that matchup was not originally scheduled.

I don't get how a team gets this out of control with Covid.

This is ridiculous. I wonder how many of those individuals tested positive once and then within 48 hours or so tested negative. How many could be safely segregated from team activities, etc... Since Fred Hoiberg does have high risk preexisting condition maybe he should take a leave of absence and the rest of the program continue. The rest of those guys are all young, highly unlikely to even get sick and probably half false positives.

The Bug Eaters are shit bags looking for excuses to avoid games they cannot win.

I am hoping that the IA - MI State game in Iowa City can be played instead, but it looks like MI State is scheduled to play IL on 1/23.

Why not? It happened to Iowa--it just happened to be in the offseason. No one is perfect with disinfection protocols outside of tightly controlled healthcare environments (and not always there) and non-medical grade masks are only partially effective. That's why Covid tends to happen in clusters among people in close contact and most of those clusters are not knuckleheads completely ignoring precautions. This is just another instance of that.

Until the vaccine is more widely disseminated these things are going to just continue to be part of life.
Lil' Top knows his COVID science!

Iowa vs Drake?!
Also not a bad idea.

Would be far more beneficial for Drake but I'm fine with that.
That would be an awesome replacement. Is Drake back playing yet?
No their opponents keep having issues like us!
Doh! My bad.
I think Drake has to wait almost another 2 weeks for an opponent this would be a huge game for both teams and the state.
No thanks I want Drake

Well, Drake is the team with the covid issues, NOT their opponents.

As a result, Drake is in the middle of 5 games (thru Jan 21) being postponed due to COVID-19 Positive Test Results among Drake’s Tier I Personnel.

So, you still want to play Drake????

Last edited:
I'm sure the coaches wouldn't like it, but since the B1G is not a complete round-robin, changing up opponents in order to get a full 20-game schedule in for everyone should be considered.

A perfect example would be that if Michigan St is not ready to go Saturday, Illinois and Iowa would both be dealing with a second cancellation in as many weeks. Those two teams could play at Carver this weekend, since that matchup was not originally scheduled.

Iowa plays one game in the next 12 days. It’s time for the B1G to get creative with the scheduling, but you may see more teams trying to work the Covid excuse though.

These guys who are staying healthy need something to break up the monotony of gym, zoom, video games over and over. We’re asking a lot of these young people as it already. You start postponing their games, it just takes it to a whole other level.

Un........bleeping.......believable.......................
How? I get that it sucks, but we're in a pandemic. 4,000 people are dying per day. It's going to happen and this is why precautions like this are taken.

We, as Iowa fans, have been incredibly fortunate that the Hawks have been able to stay healthy and no cancellations have been due to them. I hope Nebraska's players and coaches can recover quickly without any long lasting effects.

Reactions: LinusPF
No, make the COVID offenders play every other day. Shift games only when necessary.

Lil' Top knows his COVID science!
Except Iowa's issue was this summer before these protocals were put in place AND way before they had daily testing available. Your comparing apples to watermelons here. Also Joe average consumer doesn't have access to this daily testing. This is EXACTLY what the daily testing protocal was put in place to stop from happening, so it could be caught quickly enough to avoid the spread, AND avoid the need for contact tracing.

Make ISU and Nebraska play each other the rest of the season as I’m sure both league officials will be happy to make this arrangement since both teams suck and can’t follow covid protocol, therefore preventing these two teams from taking out the top level teams in both leagues.

There is no way a team should have that many positive cases of covid with daily testing. Unbelievable. Penalties should be accessed to teams that can’t get their players to abide by the protocols while other teams can.

Make ISU and Nebraska play each other the rest of the season as I’m sure both league officials will be happy to make this arrangement since both teams suck and can’t follow covid protocol, therefore preventing these two teams from taking out the top level teams in both leagues.

There is no way a team should have that many positive cases of covid with daily testing. Unbelievable. Penalties should be accessed to teams that can’t get their players to abide by the protocols while other teams can.
Good idea...make such teams give back some of their Big Ten Network $ back to the league.

Reactions: iahawks10
Iowa UNI would be better. Our schedule already presents us plenty of ammo for a one seed.. don’t need to risk breaking momentum with drake game.. conservative standpoint but just not worth the risk! I’d be ok if anyone’s push back was if you can’t beat drake stop talking top 2 seed..
So you're afraid of playing Drake? Do I have that right?

Doesn't Hoiberg have some underlying health problems with a heart condition from a few years back? Probably not the best case scenario for him.

Full seed loss

Maybe, but beat the rest of the big ten and it won't matter.

Second, who cares. All the games are in 1 town and Iowas the best team there.

It doesn't matter who gets the unfortunate draw of matching up with Iowa. We're not trying to squeeze into the sweet 16 with good matchups.

Or Monday the 25th
Either date now works well for the Hawks. MSU plays Illannoy at home the Sat before and is at Rutgers the Thursday after. Either is a little tough for them, but they did cause the problem. Maybe Fran should propose either day and let Izzo choose when he wants a beat down in IC.

Reactions: RocknRollface
So we play MSU 2/25 or maybe 2/26, prob solved

Agree. The teams that are having to pause due to COVID are going to have to be willing to play games on quick turnarounds. The 25th or 26th would make the most sense for the Iowa-MSU game now what Iowa-Nebraska is off.

Agree. The teams that are having to pause due to COVID are going to have to be willing to play games on quick turnarounds. The 25th or 26th would make the most sense for the Iowa-MSU game now what Iowa-Nebraska is off.

Penn State is playing 4 games this week (scheduled anyway). They played Sun 1-17 @ Purdue (loss), Tue 1-19 @ Ill, Thu 1-21 vs Rutgers, and Sat 1-23 vs NW.

I guess I have not forgotten that Hoyburger ruined the B1G tourney last year for everyone after insisting that he sit on the bench with a severe case of the flu. Very poor judgement on his part and I think we are seeing some more of that poor judgement in the Nebraska program right now.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT