ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa-Nebraska Game Postponed

I guess I have not forgotten that Hoyburger ruined the B1G tourney last year for everyone after insisting that he sit on the bench with a severe case of the flu. Very poor judgement on his part and I think we are seeing some more of that poor judgement in the Nebraska program right now.

It would have been cancelled anyway. All the other conferences ended up pulling the plug. But yes, right as it was taking root seeing Fred over there running a fever and getting sick turned the panic level up to 11.

It really sucks that programs like Iowa Football and Iowa Basketball get penalized for observing correct covid protocol. Not playing these two home games could conceivably cost Iowa the B1G title.

If the big 10 is smart which with Kevin Warren running the show always isn’t they’ll start to get creative and moving games around. Like in other thread mentioned both Michigan and Iowa could have 7-8 day gaps coming up where they could play their game earlier but leave open dates in early March for both teams who have at least one game postponed already.

Or move a game up or back a day to try and get games in that were postponed because of outbreaks in the psu, Nebraska and msu programs.

Seems if these changes will take affect this weekend or early next week, they'd better announce them soon

Does anyone else find it odd that The ISU Women's team, which is ranked, continues to play their schedule and the ISU Men's team, which I would assume share the same set of protocols, has now cancelled four straight games, all of which they most likely would have lost?

Reactions: Chuck C
Does anyone else find it odd that The ISU Women's team, which is ranked, continues to play their schedule and the ISU Men's team, which I would assume share the same set of protocols, has now cancelled four straight games, all of which they most likely would have lost?
No, if one team had positives and the other didn’t. Or based on number of positives.

They already did. We were to play last Monday, not Sunday.

I saw the conversations about that and thought it was weird,.. My schedule always showed that game with Northwestern as being on Sunday 1/17/21...

They won't be moving originally scheduled games...

Was this your prediction, or did you read something about this? Was it brought up a today's presser? If you're correct and this is the case, I would be interested to hear a good explanation as of why from UI or B1G. I obviously don't know all the logistics of changing dates, or what other events might be scheduled in each arena, but absent of that it sure seems like a no-brainer to move things to fill gaps now and create future gaps for already cancelled games.

Was this your prediction, or did you read something about this? Was it brought up a today's presser? If you're correct and this is the case, I would be interested to hear a good explanation as of why from UI or B1G. I obviously don't know all the logistics of changing dates, or what other events might be scheduled in each arena, but absent of that it sure seems like a no-brainer to move things to fill gaps now and create future gaps for already cancelled games.

Just a suspicion on my part...

Hawkcentral had an article about Fran discussing schedule. Fran implied that the teams only scheduled once could play a 2nd game. And Michigan and Iowa are both free this weekend. I doubt the B1G will have the guts to do anything tho.

Reactions: EpenesaEpenesa
Hawkcentral had an article about Fran discussing schedule. Fran implied that the teams only scheduled once could play a 2nd game. And Michigan and Iowa are both free this weekend. I doubt the B1G will have the guts to do anything tho.

No reason Iowa/Michigan couldn’t be Monday or Tuesday

I saw an interview with Underwood from Illinois. They are actively trying to find a non-conference opponent to play this weekend due to the MSU cancellation of Sunday's game.

Reactions: EpenesaEpenesa
I saw the conversations about that and thought it was weird,.. My schedule always showed that game with Northwestern as being on Sunday 1/17/21...

Before the season, the Northwestern game was set for 1/17 or 1/18. They originally went with 1/18 and that changed obviously. The Minnesota @ Iowa game was another game that was set for 1/10 or 1/11 and they went with 1/10. That game did not change.

Reactions: Rifler
I saw an interview with Underwood from Illinois. They are actively trying to find a non-conference opponent to play this weekend due to the MSU cancellation of Sunday's game.

Maryland played Wingate a week or two back too. I’d be fine if Iowa did something like this while giving almost all of the minutes to: Murray (X2), Ulis, Perkins, Big O, and bring in PMac, Joe T, and Nunge for reserves.

Or if Iowa found a traditional non-conf opponent would be fine too. One game in 11 days, in the heart of the season, is frustrating.

Last edited:
Maryland played Wingate a week or two back too. I’d be fine if Iowa did something like this while giving almost all of the minutes to: Murray (X2), Ulis, Perkins, Big O, and bring in PMac, Joe T, and Nunge for reserves.

Or if Iowa found a traditional non-conf opponent would be fine too. One game in 11 days, in the heart of the season, is frustrating.

But it is letting Connor and CJF heal their ankle/leg injuries

I'd say Fox and FS1 won't do it. They want the Iowa @ Illinois game in their Friday night primetime spot.

Probably not, but the BTN/Fox are going to lose out on a lot more money if these games are not made up at all.

ADVERTISEMENT