ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa site posters vs other site posters

Guess I am missing something. You insult the customers that visit this forum for being thin skinned and not having a pair. Then proceed to tell us as one moderators you are wasting your time monitoring this board.

Must be nice to tell everyone you don't want to do your job.

No offense intended of course....
I think the Moderator (in a nutshell) is telling some posters to quit being pu&&ies. It's a message board and not grade school ...

Guess I am missing something. You insult the customers that visit this forum for being thin skinned and not having a pair. Then proceed to tell us as one moderators you are wasting your time monitoring this board.

None taken........

Mike

Thanks.

If you could see the ridiculous stuff that gets reported on a daily basis, you might think otherwise.

Mike

Thought about reporting this post (would have been my first report ever), but wasn't sure if you'd find humor in it or not :). Maybe I'll see if I can report my own post sometime

I definitely would have gotten it.

Mike

Reactions: WDuck5217

I think the Moderator (in a nutshell) is telling some posters to quit being pu&&ies. It's a message board and not grade school ...

+1

If it applies, apply it.

Mike

Reactions: Rustys Dad
Was just poking a little fun, glad you understood. I personally have never reported a post or ignored anyone. I actually enjoy seeing people make a$$es of themselves. At least that is how I look at it.

To perhaps buy Indulgences from the moderator lest I be in future danger of a booting, here's a picture of a bikini babe to curry favor:

ba51e8a815e6f0ea4d310b011afdc871.jpg

Not interested. Fingers way too long and I bet she has cankles. Would not touch her.

Reactions: Chickenman Testa

LOL We aren't customers, we're guests. And the sooner some of us figure that out the better for everyone.

Mike:

Good thread to read as a visitor. Serious question. Are the gradations of banning consistent across all Rivals sites or can each site make its own rules re: length of ban?

I ask as our Penn State board has a 10 day penalty box that I know of (I retaliated against a racist ahole on our football board and got the temporary ban once) and a permanent ban hammer option, but I don't know about others.

Mike:

Good thread to read as a visitor. Serious question. Are the gradations of banning consistent across all Rivals sites or can each site make its own rules re: length of ban?

I ask as our Penn State board has a 10 day penalty box that I know of (I retaliated against a racist ahole on our football board and got the temporary ban once) and a permanent ban hammer option, but I don't know about others.

From conversations I've had, it varies greatly.

Mike

Reactions: Chickenman Testa
Babysitting thin skinned fans? Dude.....you have no idea!

The point of this is that Iowa fans should be bigger than what they've been lately. Quit being babies! Cause honestly, that's what they've been!

If it applies to you, find a way for it not to. If not, drive on!

Mike
Hey, that's what we need, our mod to tell us to stop being babies, boy if that's not a self inflicted wound I don't know what is.

I have no problem with dissenting points of view, that's what it's all about, and when it comes to trolls saying something stupid, well I used to love seeing good posters call them out, but lately HR is over run with trolls, every thread devolves into someone looking to start an argument just to put HR posters and Iowa Wrestling down. There is a place for that, it's called The Mat, or The Guillotine or BWI. That stuff can live there, but we need to weed it out here or this board won't be any better than those mentioned, which it always has been.

No doubt we have our share of thin skinned idiots but PSU fans hijacking nearly every decent thread because someone dared mention PSU without calling their program infallible and the greatest of all time has gotten beyond sickening.

I have to admit that there is a lot of times that these threads are suddenly talking about PSU. Try to keep the discussion about the intended topic and not always about PSU. It is almost an art form how some people can suddenly get others talking about PSU. Oh yeah, Thanks peen state 1985 for sticking up for me as a serious poster. :)

Reactions: Pennstate1985
I came to this site for many years to catch up on the recruiting rumors and news. Never posted but greatly appreciated the information and insight of so many on here. To be honest have never been on and never will be on the PS site so would never go there to say anything negative about their program. However, it seems there are more and more posts from them here each day and now OUR site is calling hawkeye fans out giving the PS fans even more ammunition. Hard to take when the fans here have shown their TRUE HAWKEYE COLORS with not only words but by reaching into their pocketbooks and making a HUGE difference in doing so!! A new modern hawkeye wrestling complex....very very very possible. A significant increase in funding for the HWC both now and in the future...it's happening. A new coach for the HWC...very possible. The PS trolls don't like it and all the GREAT hawkeye fans on this site should be commended not belittled.

Last edited:
For the record I've only met one Iowa fan, and he wrestled. He was a swell guy. I was near UNI during trials and my battery was dead outside the AirBnB I was staying at. He jumped my car and I helped him unload his recyclables. We both cringed a bit when we found out who our favorite team is. We embraced and had a full frontal handshake as we departed company. Strong handshake that fella had.

I came to this site for many years to catch up on the recruiting rumors and news. Never posted but greatly appreciated the information and insight of so many on here. To be honest have never been on and never will be on the PS site so would never go there to say anything negative about their program. However, it seems there are more and more posts from them here each day and now OUR site is calling hawkeye fans out giving the PS fans even more ammunition. Hard to take when the fans here have shown their TRUE HAWKEYE COLORS with not only words but by reaching into their pocketbooks and making a HUGE difference in doing so!! A new modern hawkeye wrestling complex....very very very possible. A significant increase in funding for the HWC both now and in the future...it's happening. A new coach for the HWC...very possible. The PS trolls don't like it and all the GREAT hawkeye fans on this site should be commended not belittled.

FTR: I donated as well and think it's a great endeavor that I hope now has legs for the future as well. It needs to continue to move forward.

Mike

P.S. I'm probably in the category of one of the biggest true Hawkeyes fans there is.

Reactions: cosmo90
So we get a Mod on here being a crybaby about crybabies while at the same time being foolish enough to think most opposing posters are here for serious discussion. That is some good entertainment.

The other forums ban any outside poster who disparages their program. At least they have their loyalty in the correct place. It is a shame that others are allowed to make nonstop cheap shots at our program on a Hawkeye site. By the way, the one's reporting them are far from babies or pussies as far as I am concerned. I am sure my black slip is in the mail.

FTR: I donated as well and think it's a great endeavor that I hope now has legs for the future as well. It needs to continue to move forward.

Mike

P.S. I'm probably in the category of one of the biggest true Hawkeyes fans there is.

Mike, I've never reported anyone for any reason. I have found a number of posters that have annoyed me. Since I began using the "Ignore" feature, my reading pleasure has increased and my annoyances have gone down.

Not interested. Fingers way too long and I bet she has cankles. Would not touch her.

I'll tell you right now. If I ever caught her eating crackers, she would be thrown right out of bed. I would give her a chance though, just in case she doesn't like crackers. We have to be kind to people of all types. Even those with long fingers.

So we get a Mod on here being a crybaby about crybabies while at the same time being foolish enough to think most opposing posters are here for serious discussion. That is some good entertainment.

The other forums ban any outside poster who disparages their program. At least they have their loyalty in the correct place. It is a shame that others are allowed to make nonstop cheap shots at our program on a Hawkeye site. By the way, the one's reporting them are far from babies or pussies as far as I am concerned. I am sure my black slip is in the mail.

No black slip, gold slip or pink slip....

So, basically, me telling you guys to quit whining and crying and bitching and complaining just leads to more. Perfect.

The irony does not escape me.

And then you question my loyalty for trying to get you guys stop contributing to the drama? Smh.

We are our own worst enemy. .

Mike

Mike

Mike, I've never reported anyone for any reason. I have found a number of posters that have annoyed me. Since I began using the "Ignore" feature, my reading pleasure has increased and my annoyances have gone down.

Oh, trust me....I understand

Z

You do understand I should have never been banned in the first place right? The reason I lost privileges here was because I posted ideas and opinions many of you didn't agree with and you cried to the mods to get rid of me. Never have I broken any rules....

That being said, I'm dismissing myself from your "safe space". I've been waiting two years to hear just one of you admit and call out your own for being soft. Now that your "top dog" has done that, I will be leaving for good. You can thank Mike for being brutally honest, showing tough love and telling it like it is.

This is a true statement. You shouldn't have been banned the first time. But you earned the second and third time? Edit: Least you won't have to go through that whole name change thing again ;) So...

Last edited:
Reactions: el dub
Never reported anybody but I can see why some do. After nationals, this place becomes a f**house. It's not just about opposing opinions...several folks from opposing teams are in here all the time, especially from PSU for nothing other than to stir things up...not to be constructive as Mike suggested. We know who they are. That said, there are guys like Dice, PSU85, Cali, Chickeman, El Jefe, (all PSU dudes) that can sometimes give contrarian opinions when they post but do it in a fact based, respectful way. Legit posters. We may not agree but they have gained respect over the years.

To be honest, for the first few years I posted here, I didn't know who the moderator was and it was troll city in here and I used to take the time to reply but that got old. It has been a little nicer in here without the noise but I am philosophically against banning folks for stupid reasons. But most Hawk fans want to come in here and talk Hawk stuff...not hear how great Cael and the boys are ad nauseum.

This thread is a RESOUNDING endorsement of the "ignore" feature. It's clear the moderators aren't going to do much to keep the board clean. Just as we're taking control of the facility project and endowing the HWC, we might as well take the moderating of this board into our own hands, as well. I'm telling you, if enough of us use the "ignore" feature, the knuckleheads will take their ball and go home.

And don't think for a second that there isn't a correlation between the $100,000+ raised spontaneously on this board (soon to be $110,000+), the plans for the best facility on earth, and the huge makeover of the HWC and the recent uptick in Iowa haters on the board. They know big things are happening in Iowa City and they're nervous, so they're lashing out. Doesn't surprise me a bit. Frankly, they should be nervous; we're coming after them, and they know it.:cool:

This thread is a RESOUNDING endorsement of the "ignore" feature. It's clear the moderators aren't going to do much to keep the board clean. Just as we're taking control of the facility project and endowing the HWC, we might as well take the moderating of this board into our own hands, as well. I'm telling you, if enough of us use the "ignore" feature, the knuckleheads will take their ball and go home.

And don't think for a second that there isn't a correlation between the $100,000+ raised spontaneously on this board (soon to be $110,000+), the plans for the best facility on earth, and the huge makeover of the HWC and the recent uptick in Iowa haters on the board. They know big things are happening in Iowa City and they're nervous, so they're lashing out. Doesn't surprise me a bit. Frankly, they should be nervous; we're coming after them, and they know it.:cool:

Your wrong, we moderate the heck out of these boards........all of them, and will continue to do so. We do it with the help of posters like yourself. To think otherwise would be ignorant. But it has gotten real petty of late, too much little boy who cried wolf.

Mike

This one has bothered me all day.

#1. It isn't my job. I'm not paid by Rivals, although, Tom did buy lunch the other day.
#2. I don't know why it bothered me.

Carry on.

Mike

Your wrong, we moderate the heck out of these boards........all of them, and will continue to do so. We do it with the help of posters like yourself. To think otherwise would be ignorant. But it has gotten real petty of late, too much little boy who cried wolf.

Mike
I respectfully disagree. You basically said as much above -- that you're not going to aggressively moderate. What you consider factual discussion, many Iowa fans consider stirring the pot. That's your prerogative, but all the more reason for Iowa fans to take matters into their own hands.

For the record, I haven't reported any of these instigators; I don't see their posts in the first place. Other Hawk fans would be wise to do the same.

Never reported anybody but I can see why some do. After nationals, this place becomes a f**house. It's not just about opposing opinions...several folks from opposing teams are in here all the time, especially from PSU for nothing other than to stir things up...not to be constructive as Mike suggested. We know who they are. That said, there are guys like Dice, PSU85, Cali, Chickeman, El Jefe, (all PSU dudes) that can sometimes give contrarian opinions when they post but do it in a fact based, respectful way. Legit posters. We may not agree but they have gained respect over the years.

To be honest, for the first few years I posted here, I didn't know who the moderator was and it was troll city in here and I used to take the time to reply but that got old. It has been a little nicer in here without the noise but I am philosophically against banning folks for stupid reasons. But most Hawk fans want to come in here and talk Hawk stuff...not hear how great Cael and the boys are ad nauseum.

I don't disagree with much of any of this. I'm not naive!

Guys, i know there are trolls, they are quite obvious. But reporting someone and asking for their removal because they support an opposing team and they voice an opinion that you don't agree with is ridiculous.

And let's be honest, there is a group of blue and white clad kids in the East that currently own the sport. Much like Iowa did for years.

Until they are dethroned, they are the king and will have a lot to talk about. You just have to be able to rise above the fray and be bigger than the person or persons making the waves.

If they truly are out of line, that's where we step in.

Mike

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT