ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa site posters vs other site posters

Your wrong, we moderate the heck out of these boards........all of them, and will continue to do so. We do it with the help of posters like yourself. To think otherwise would be ignorant. But it has gotten real petty of late, too much little boy who cried wolf.

Mike
I respectfully disagree. You basically said as much above -- that you're not going to aggressively moderate. What you consider factual discussion, many Iowa fans consider stirring the pot. That's your prerogative, but all the more reason for Iowa fans to take matters into their own hands.

For the record, I haven't reported any of these instigators; I don't see their posts in the first place. Other Hawk fans would be wise to do the same.

I never said that I/we would not moderate. I asked that SOME grow a little thicker skin.

After today's discussions, I believe it is more deeply set than even I imagined

Mike

Never reported anybody but I can see why some do. After nationals, this place becomes a f**house. It's not just about opposing opinions...several folks from opposing teams are in here all the time, especially from PSU for nothing other than to stir things up...not to be constructive as Mike suggested. We know who they are. That said, there are guys like Dice, PSU85, Cali, Chickeman, El Jefe, (all PSU dudes) that can sometimes give contrarian opinions when they post but do it in a fact based, respectful way. Legit posters. We may not agree but they have gained respect over the years.

To be honest, for the first few years I posted here, I didn't know who the moderator was and it was troll city in here and I used to take the time to reply but that got old. It has been a little nicer in here without the noise but I am philosophically against banning folks for stupid reasons. But most Hawk fans want to come in here and talk Hawk stuff...not hear how great Cael and the boys are ad nauseum.
Chief's check is in the mail.

If I may add a little here: I don't go into my neighbor's house and thumb him in the eye. And I don't understand why anyone would do that.

That said, I'll be glad to see less of the incendiary non-wrestling stuff that occasionally gets posted here. Not just as a Penn Stater: this place is a lot less interesting when the flame attracts the moths.

(And, to be consistent: I generally either challenge or derisively mock the incendiary anti-Iowa stuff on BWI. BRANDS MAKES THEM HATE THE SPORT !!!!)

No doubt we have our share of thin skinned idiots but PSU fans hijacking nearly every decent thread because someone dared mention PSU without calling their program infallible and the greatest of all time has gotten beyond sickening.

Not all PSU fans. The greatest "all time" wrestling programs are as follows:
  1. Oklahoma State
  2. Iowa
  3. Iowa State
  4. Penn State
  5. Others

Last edited:
I never said that I/we would not moderate. I asked that SOME grow a little thicker skin.

After today's discussions, I believe it is more deeply set than even I imagined

Mike
I never said you said you wouldn't moderate; I said you said you wouldn't moderate aggressively, which is what you said. (That sounded like something out of a Dr. Seuss book, but I digress).

I don't blame you for not moderating aggressively. I'm sure you have many better things to do -- anyone would. My only point is that the "ignore" feature is a great way for Iowa fans to enhance their experience on the board, without needing to rely on someone else to filter out the noise.

I think you're blowing things out of proportion, but no big deal. Let's stay positive, Hawk fans.

So Mike, I presume you will be posting the same thing on the Football board? There's a lot more smack on that site between Iowa/Nebraska/Minnie fans than on the wrestling site. Also, I'd say you've got some work to do on the Off Topic board as well.

So Mike, I presume you will be posting the same thing on the Football board? There's a lot more smack on that site between Iowa/Nebraska/Minnie fans than on the wrestling site. Also, I'd say you've got some work to do on the Off Topic board as well.

Yeah, ya think? And no, I won't be. Lesson learned.

Wrestlers tend to be a little more salty and can handle criticism better than most. They give it, and they can take it.

Thought it would be a relatively easy process in here. Oh well. Guess I will just take care of it myself.

Mike

Reactions: el dub
Your wrong, we moderate the heck out of these boards........all of them, and will continue to do so. We do it with the help of posters like yourself. To think otherwise would be ignorant. But it has gotten real petty of late, too much little boy who cried wolf.

Mike

You are the first mod I've seen since 2012 who has posted here with an actual convo and you showed up a few months ago. Blair has been in here to drop general Hawk info once or twice a year. Besides Blair, I had no idea who the mods were (I don't post anywhere else). The first time I've known of somebody getting banned was in 2016 (I had said 2015 in an earlier post but it was a year later) after NCAAs/Ramos blow up but that's just because one of our guys is a buddy with one of your guys...think he would send him names and the DBags would disappear. When you posted here a few months ago and banned a few guys, our guys started sending you more names because they knew they could now I imagine.

While I am with you in spirit (there are a few who are as you describe in your OP), I think it is an oversimplification to say PSU is on top, get used to it. We have. In fact, there has been a lot of respect shown for PSU wrestlers on this board and it has been seven years since Iowa has won it. We have come to terms with their recent and near future dominance. So many threads on this topic alone. It's a little more complicated than PSU is good...deal with it and stop bitching and moaning; smile when their fans slide it in. If you posted here regularly, you would know that. For the record, I have one guy on ignore so I have a pretty high tolerance for the DBags we see on here.

BTW, you earned your own thread over on BWI...congrats.

https://bwi.forums.rivals.com/threads/good-for-mike.173774/#post-2788464

You are the first mod I've seen since 2012 who has posted here with an actual convo and you showed up a few months ago. Blair has been in here to drop general Hawk info once or twice a year. Besides Blair, I had no idea who the mods were (I don't post anywhere else). The first time I've known of somebody getting banned was in 2016 (I had said 2015 in an earlier post but it was a year later) after NCAAs/Ramos blow up but that's just because one of our guys is a buddy with one of your guys...think he would send him names and the DBags would disappear. When you posted here a few months ago and banned a few guys, our guys started sending you more names because they knew they could now I imagine.

While I am with you in spirit (there are a few who are as you describe in your OP), I think it is an oversimplification to say PSU is on top, get used to it. We have. In fact, there has been a lot of respect shown for PSU wrestlers on this board and it has been seven years since Iowa has won it. We have come to terms with their recent and near future dominance. So many threads on this topic alone. It's a little more complicated than PSU is good...deal with it and stop bitching and moaning; smile when their fans slide it in. If you posted here regularly, you would know that. For the record, I have one guy on ignore so I have a pretty high tolerance for the DBags we see on here.

Mike sounds like he is the lord of his serfdom and has just been paid his 30 pieces of silver by the PSU contingent. Lots of aid and comfort to the so called enemy.

Mike sounds like he is the lord of his serfdom and has just been paid his 30 pieces of silver by the PSU contingent. Lots of aid and comfort to the so called enemy.

Yeah, yeah....that's it. Smh.

In a perfect world, you'd never know we were here. Guys like you make that impossible!

Like I said, I gave you guys your chance. My turn.............

Mike

Mike

I don't care about that or whatever is being said........my concern is HR only.

Mike

Reactions: lionlover
Maybe posting some examples of what NOT to report to you would help. A DIY of report/not report.

Not all PSU fans. The greatest "all time" wrestling programs are as follows:
  1. Oklahoma State
  2. Iowa
  3. Iowa State
  4. Penn State
  5. Others
Despite Penn State's newfound success they still have a long way to go to match Oklahoma and Minnesota.
1) Okie State
2) Iowa
3) Iowa State
4) Oklahoma
5) Minnesota
6) Michigan State (43 finalists, 133 AA's)
7) maybe Penn State

p.s. Mike, I've made a list for you. You can pm me.

Reactions: Ihawkd9times
nah, I have gotten that message before while in a "discussion" with another poster.

Have never gotten it until today. I have gotten the "Wait a however many seconds to post" but I had to wait five minutes in between posts. Pretty fishy considering the guy said "My Turn..."

Have never gotten it until today. I have gotten the "Wait a however many seconds to post" but I had to wait five minutes in between posts. Pretty fishy considering the guy said "My Turn..."
Maybe the majority of the Hawkeye posters should be banned and or have their posting slowed and or reduced.....certainly would have helped PS as there would have been no $100,000 raised. Just make PS posters the majority on this site. I have never banned anyone and have never put anyone on ignore. Nor do I ever go to other teams sites. However, extremely hard to not be offended by the moderator's post and how it was worded and stated. The message could have been given and any objective reached if the way it was presented had been somewhat less combative. Have been doing similar for a long time and its not so much what the message is as to how it is delivered.

Maybe the majority of the Hawkeye posters should be banned and or have their posting slowed and or reduced.....certainly would have helped PS as there would have been no $100,000 raised. Just make PS posters the majority on this site. I have never banned anyone and have never put anyone on ignore. Nor do I ever go to other teams sites. However, extremely hard to not be offended by the moderator's post and how it was worded and stated. The message could have been given and any objective reached if the way it was presented had been somewhat less combative. Have been doing similar for a long time and its not so much what the message is as to how it is delivered.
Very well said.

This thread:
giphy.gif

Very well said.

Reactions: IAChief32

Mike

I don't care about that or whatever is being said........my concern is HR only.

Mike

Lol. Dude, it was the guy thAt responded to you post with something about silver coins or whatever.....

Not yours. Relax

Mike

nah, I have gotten that message before while in a "discussion" with another poster.

I didn't do anything....all my posts are being done from mobile today.....can't mod from a phone!

Mike

Very well said.

You guys are all conspiracy theorists....aren't you?

I seriously haven't done anything. Nothing. My intent was just to let you know that reports will all be handled on an individual basis and I will be a little more mindful of the requests. You win. You asked for moderation, thats what you'll get.

Z

I seriously haven't done anything. Nothing. My intent was just to let you know that reports will all be handled on an individual basis and I will be a little more mindful of the requests. You win. You asked for moderation, thats what you'll get.

Z
Mike, you have my permission to NOT ban members even if they skirt the rules with their comments on my posts. free speech and all that.

The chick touching him is the one who made a hiatus speech and resurfaced in the Meyer thread.

Z
Mike, you have my permission to NOT ban members even if they skirt the rules with their comments on my posts. free speech and all that.

Thanks. I'll keep that in mind.....

Z

Shhhhhh, we like it better on the off topic board when there is less moderation.

Reactions: DirkTang1
Despite Penn State's newfound success they still have a long way to go to match Oklahoma and Minnesota.
1) Okie State
2) Iowa
3) Iowa State
4) Oklahoma
5) Minnesota
6) Michigan State (43 finalists, 133 AA's)
7) maybe Penn State

p.s. Mike, I've made a list for you. You can pm me.
Now your trolling is even getting lazy.

MSU is way behind if those numbers are correct (ignoring team championships for a second which is a clever ploy). Penn State is at 200+ AAs and 37 champs (assume # of finalists much higher).

That's not even addressing Minnesota and Ok which is a job for another day.

Clearly the top 3 - especially the top 2 - are set in stone for a long time, but PSU is charging to undisputed #4 very quickly.

MSU is way behind if those numbers are correct (ignoring team championships for a second which is a clever ploy). Penn State is at 200+ AAs and 37 champs (assume # of finalists much higher).

Clearly the top 3 - especially the top 2 - are set in stone for a long time, but PSU is charging to undisputed #4 very quickly.
I'd honestly flip Iowa and OSU. OSU may have more titles, but the competition was less rigorous while they were in dynasty mode as opposed to Iowa.

chickenman i can't get you banned if you keep using facts, knock it off.

I'd honestly flip Iowa and OSU. OSU may have more titles, but the competition was less rigorous while they were in dynasty mode as opposed to Iowa.

Tell some of those old guys that won multiple titles back then, and they will STILL whup you! ;)

I wouldn't doubt it. I need to get to 174 but am weighing in to wrestle J'Den.

Maybe there is some hope for this thread after all. The ironical part being it was started with a weak troll job by Jammenz. Who would of thought that Jamms would bring some peace to this thread...

See... I think I can see how the Hawk posters on this site get frustrated. I'm an ISU fan.

This whole thread was about moderation.. nothing about Penn State. Nothing. Until, all the Penn State people make it about Penn State. Why do you guys need to interject in EVERY thread when a Hawk poster mentions PSU? Weird actually.

And for the record, I got the perma ban from BWI for quoting a guys post and replying "What?????" First and only post on that site.

See... I think I can see how the Hawk posters on this site get frustrated. I'm an ISU fan.

This whole thread was about moderation.. nothing about Penn State. Nothing. Until, all the Penn State people make it about Penn State. Why do you guys need to interject in EVERY thread when a Hawk poster mentions PSU? Weird actually.

And for the record, I got the perma ban from BWI for quoting a guys post and replying "What?????" First and only post on that site.
Your first post should have mentioned how Brands makes kids hate wrestling and how Cael cured your terminal illness with a simple touch on the forehead, that would have gotten you a nice long leash over there :)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT