ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa site posters vs other site posters

Now your trolling is even getting lazy.

MSU is way behind if those numbers are correct (ignoring team championships for a second which is a clever ploy). Penn State is at 200+ AAs and 37 champs (assume # of finalists much higher).

That's not even addressing Minnesota and Ok which is a job for another day.

Clearly the top 3 - especially the top 2 - are set in stone for a long time, but PSU is charging to undisputed #4 very quickly.

See... I think I can see how the Hawk posters on this site get frustrated. I'm an ISU fan.

This whole thread was about moderation.. nothing about Penn State. Nothing. Until, all the Penn State people make it about Penn State. Why do you guys need to interject in EVERY thread when a Hawk poster mentions PSU? Weird actually.

And for the record, I got the perma ban from BWI for quoting a guys post and replying "What?????" First and only post on that site.

That's actually sad.....

See, aren't you guys glad we aren't that way? :cool:

Mike

See... I think I can see how the Hawk posters on this site get frustrated. I'm an ISU fan.

This whole thread was about moderation.. nothing about Penn State. Nothing. Until, all the Penn State people make it about Penn State. Why do you guys need to interject in EVERY thread when a Hawk poster mentions PSU? Weird actually.

And for the record, I got the perma ban from BWI for quoting a guys post and replying "What?????" First and only post on that site.

And here we go again:
giphy.gif

That's actually sad.....

See, aren't you guys glad we aren't that way? :cool:

Mike

I am. This is by far the best board to talk/read about wrestling in the interwebz. By far.

All i was saying is that i can understand some of the Hawk fan frustration with thread de-rails... much like I am doing now. Hehehe

Nobody breaks rules. BUT i get it. We get the same thing from KU fans on our basketball forum. The conversation goes down hill really fast when a KU fan interjects in a conversation (not breaking rules) we are having. Our resident troll chimes in (who has really thin skin), then it becomes a freaking **** show and the thread is no longer even reasonable.

Reading The Original post should be a prerequisite for further comments.

Reading The Original post should be a prerequisite for further comments.

Yah, it's kind of hard to miss all of the Penn State references in the original post. It leads me to believe that Yellow didn't give the full background on why he got banned on bwi.

There really are only 2 forums with decent traffic and not too many nut jobs (see themat) where we can get good wrestling info and conversation. I would really hate to see this cesspool become an actual cesspool.

There have been some good points on this thread. Ignore the trolls and they will go away.

I guess I missed something on the Mark Perry thread... didn't see a single thing worth whining about, nor a single post requiring banning someone... this is a decent board, unlike some I've been on that if you don't totally agree with a moderator your labeled a troll and banned... been there and done that.
And a lot of threads the mods don't have to follow their own rules, but everyone else does. Don't see any of that here

Reactions: Mike Zierath
Except only I post facts, bottom of page four: http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools...uto_pdf/2016-17/misc_non_event/RecordBook.pdf
Chickenman just posts opinions with no substantiation.
You don't say:

http://www.pennstatewrestlingclub.org/history/index.php?view=ncaachamps

http://www.pennstatewrestlingclub.org/history/index.php?view=allamericans

So, I quickly counted up the finalists through this year and came up with 76 - a mere 33 more than Sparty - to go with the 70+ more AAs (206 total I think after a quick count).

So there's that

And as for mighty Minnesota, looks like 44 finalists and 182 AAs. So it looks like using your favored metrics drops Minnesota a few slots as well. Interesting.

Sorry Hawkeye fans. I realize this squabble over history is like a JV match in your eyes, but Jammenz laid down the challenge.

Last edited:
Yah, it's kind of hard to miss all of the Penn State references in the original post. It leads me to believe that Yellow didn't give the full background on why he got banned on bwi.

There really are only 2 forums with decent traffic and not too many nut jobs (see themat) where we can get good wrestling info and conversation. I would really hate to see this cesspool become an actual cesspool.

There have been some good points on this thread. Ignore the trolls and they will go away.

There was only one reference to Penn State in the original post, and in parenthesis when talking about the best team.

Mike's post was 100% aimed at Hawk fans, not fans from other schools. Yet, here y'all are.

It's almost as if you guys have a "Bat Signal" to come over here when PSU is typed in any post. Is there some sort of alert that dings on your phone?

Reactions: lionlover
Tell some of those old guys that won multiple titles back then, and they will STILL whup you! ;)

Forgive the hijack, but I have to tell this story again for CowboyUp. In 1991 my wife and I stayed at the old Highlander Inn after the NCAA finals. The hotel had a bar by the pool and we went down for drinks. The bar was full of former Cowboy NCAA champions (you could tell by the silver satin jackets they used to all wear to nationals) and Coach Harold Nichols and his wife. They told stories of legendary matches from the '50s and '60s in great detail - even arguing over referees' calls. They and I were there until the bar closed. It is one of my favorite wrestling moments.

As a coincidental footnote, when I got back to our room, John Smith was on TV beating the snot out of some Cuban.

You don't say:
Sorry Hawkeye fans. I realize this squabble over history is like a JV match in your eyes, but Jammenz laid down the challenge.
For some unknown reason you left out the best parts:
NWCA National Duals titles
MN...........................................................9
PSU.....wait...for....it...............................1

All-time series record
MN 15-6-1 versus Penn State

. . . We are our own worst enemy. .

This one, simple statement sums it up for the offending factions of both fan bases.

That, and everything PennState85 said up to that point (I haven't read the rest of the thread, yet). I'll just add that El Jefe should be on his list of excellent visitors.

. . . But most Hawk fans want to come in here and talk Hawk stuff...not hear how great Cael and the boys are ad nauseum.

Even some PSU fans grow weary of hearing how great Cael and the boys are ad nauseum.

Ironic that some can't take a lesson in modesty from their own purported idol.

Forgive the hijack, but I have to tell this story again for CowboyUp. In 1991 my wife and I stayed at the old Highlander Inn after the NCAA finals. The hotel had a bar by the pool and we went down for drinks. The bar was full of former Cowboy NCAA champions (you could tell by the silver satin jackets they used to all wear to nationals) and Coach Harold Nichols and his wife. They told stories of legendary matches from the '50s and '60s in great detail - even arguing over referees' calls. They and I were there until the bar closed. It is one of my favorite wrestling moments.

As a coincidental footnote, when I got back to our room, John Smith was on TV beating the snot out of some Cuban.

You can hijack this thread all you want. Thanks for the story. You add class to this cesspool.

There was only one reference to Penn State in the original post, and in parenthesis when talking about the best team.

Mike's post was 100% aimed at Hawk fans, not fans from other schools. Yet, here y'all are.

It's almost as if you guys have a "Bat Signal" to come over here when PSU is typed in any post. Is there some sort of alert that dings on your phone?

Meh, don't be disingenuous. Mike didn't post this thread about Jammenz or other Nebraska? fans. His post was about some Iowa fans reactions to some of our bad mannered PSU fans. (The bat signal reference is funny though)

All-time series record
Those are points in your favor - no doubt. But NCAA titles are the biggest trump card and the total is 7 to 3 with the gap looking to widen quickly - as is the big gap in national champs and the gap in AAs.

All-time series record
Telling that one of Jammen's "best parts" is not recognized by the NCAA.

Also entirely predictable. When your only tool is a hammer, everything looks like a nail.

But, on the bright side, his school did pick up a real good wrestler in Labriola.

Actually Penn State has won two knockout National Duals, but I wouldn't expect Penn State fans to know anything of their history. I don't count the 1991 win as their controversial semi win over Iowa by criteria was a swindle.

Telling that one of Jammen's "best parts" is not recognized by the NCAA.

Also entirely predictable. When your only tool is a hammer, everything looks like a nail.

But, on the bright side, his school did pick up a real good wrestler in Labriola.
What you did there - I saw it.

It's getting hard to keep track of his teams now that he appears to be a Spartan fan as well o_O

Reactions: lionlover
A thread about Iowa fans posting on an Iowa site turns into Penn State fans defending their place in wrestling history against a Minnesota fan. Seems about right doesn't it?

Yeah.......

Someone might have mentioned that earlier in this thread.......

Guess I'm beginning to see what the complaint really is.

Not that this has been bad by any stretch....but everything does seem to turn into A PSU love fest.

Guess I better figure out which of you guys are worth keeping and who's gotta go... ;)

Mike

Last edited:
Yeah.......

Not that this has been bad by any stretch....but everything does seem to turn into A PSU love fest.

Guess I better figure out which of you guys are worth keeping and who's gotta go... ;)

Mike
There should be an Island of Misfit Posters where all Trolls and the like should be sent. They could all then post on this Internet island of sorts to their heart's content without bothering regular folk.

Nope, not okay....

Don't feed him. He will get the hammer if he deserves it again

Mike
I haven't requested anyone to be banned.

But if someone is banned they should not be allowed back with a different screen name. The same IP, or whatever identifier there is, should just be stopped, imo.

Yeah.......

Mike
hey, i donated a nickel, am I safe?

I haven't requested anyone to be banned.

But if someone is banned they should not be allowed back with a different screen name. The same IP, or whatever identifier there is, should just be stopped, imo.

and by the way................

Did you ever get that monthly donation to HWC setup?

Mike

Reactions: Novakht
Yeah.......

Mike

Not to mention that you have an ISU fan defending Hawk fans against PSU fans on a Hawk message board... lol

That is nutso if you think about it.

Reactions: Mike Zierath
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT