ADVERTISEMENT

*****Iowa St vs Iowa Game Thread****

I don’t understand what’s so funny. You can’t lose this game if you want to finish in the top 12.

I have to do something here in Ames to piss off the locals. I don't think my Vets Against Trump sign will be enough

Has to be scat related.

Douche neighbor works for ISU and has a leftover book sharing library by the sidewalk. Perhaps print out all of a HBOT thread and put that in there.

That surely will be scat enough to mess up anyone's brain.

clones being clones...

GWw92zsXoAAvLgH
Guy is 5'9 (maybe). 155lbs. Really small hands. Afraid to show his face.

ISU is full of dudes like this.

Next.

That's as childish and ignorant as it gets. Obviously MAGA man following the classy and brave example of his cult leader. People are saying the guy also visited an Iowa City cemetery and took a leak on a few military graves. Don't know if it's true, but people are saying it, so . . .

Iowa - 41
Ames - 3
Somebody is a just a tad obsessed.

We roll baby!!!! Think about this if ISU had not hit a 2 play scoring drive last week, their score against North Dakota would have been 14-3. We need to come out fast and just flat out dominate, every position, every min, every second and every play. Why? Because we can.
If Iowa doesn’t win this game by at least +14, this is going to be a mediocre season.

Iowa should be able to run the football for over 200 yards. My guess is Iowa State is going to sell out to stop the run, which means Lester is going to have to establish the pass to set up the run.

If Kirk weren’t so stubborn, I would predict a 37-6 type of game. Unfortunately, I have no faith in Kirk scratching where it itches. If Iowa wins 17-13, Kirk will be estatic.

Here’s to hoping we see “New” Kirk 3.0.

Reactions: BonzoFury
If Iowa doesn’t win this game by at least +14, this is going to be a mediocre season.

Iowa should be able to run the football for over 200 yards. My guess is Iowa State is going to sell out to stop the run, which means Lester is going to have to establish the pass to set up the run.

If Kirk weren’t so stubborn, I would predict a 37-6 type of game. Unfortunately, I have no faith in Kirk scratching where it itches. If Iowa wins 17-13, Kirk will be estatic.

Here’s to hoping we see “New” Kirk 3.0.
Let Lester do his thing.

Reactions: RagnarLothbrok
Hawks are overdue for a clown beat down. I'm ready for it. Today's the day.

Unfortunately will have to follow the score from the road with kid activities. 😔
At some point they will develop a replacement dad that looks and sounds just like real dad for situations like this.

Just kidding. Being a dad of younger kids is the best and goes way too fast. Try and enjoy the day. 😊

At some point they will develop a replacement dad that looks and sounds just like real dad for situations like this.

Just kidding. Being a dad of younger kids is the best and goes way too fast. Try and enjoy the day. 😊
For sure. There are more important things than a football game.

That's as childish and ignorant as it gets. Obviously MAGA man following the classy and brave example of his cult leader. People are saying the guy also visited an Iowa City cemetery and took a leak on a few military graves. Don't know if it's true, but people are saying it, so . . .

Iowa - 41
Ames - 3

When I read stuff like this I'm just very appreciative that Iowa is a deep red state.

Iowa - 41
Ames - 3
Take this political Bullsh!t to the off topic board and keep it off our football Saturday!
Damn some of you people need to get a life.

Let Lester do his thing.
Not certain about numbers, but I think the loss of 1st team/level LBs is bigger than what has been discussed all around.

Communication is one issue. But it's dwarfed by play.

By that I mean young LBs typically scope on one thing, and it normally focuses on run stop because its the easiest play. For example, put your eyes on how the SLB leverages when is put in position on the outside shoulder (9) of the TE. Younger LBs typically outplay leverage outside so as not to get dragged down in film review the following week. It's easier to play that. But they give up too much in the passing game, particularly with Iowa's TEs.

If a young LB can't cat-and-mouse the runner and draw him out, the run shifts from a TFL-NG--1-2 gain to a 3-4-5 gain, and those stack up.

Behind that can result of the back-end releasing from their fits and reads to cover up in the run game early. And that's where Iowa's got you, because simple seams get more open to pop one.

We'll see how good Lester is as well as how good ISU's development and discipline is. Should be a good day.

Good play callers recognize deficiencies and leverage them.

All good.

harris and walz oope i mean harris and hall are gonna get tested massively. if they hold up we have a good shot else lester’s gonna have to bare his entire playbook which is hopefully more than 1.5 pages long

KSU also struggling with Tulane. Tulane is at least decent, but why are they playing on the road? Tough times for a G5 conference team.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT