ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa State just reloaded..

The LOL was for the Clone fans who think they are a tourney team.

In the 3 or 4 preseason conference rankings that I have looked at, I haven't seen Minny picked better than 10th in any of them.

#1 Michigan State lost by 16 in a secret scrimmage to Gonzaga.

#13 Texas Tech lost by 10 to UTEP in a secret scrimmage.

These mean nada.

These mean nada.
He's right. I am NOT a Clone sympathizer, but scrimmages are only for helping your team get better. They mean squat in March selections. MN and Marquette ADs are ridiculous for claiming "victory" in a scrimmage. Like saying you won an internal scrimmage.

These mean nada.

Well Gonzaga is Top 10 in the preseason AP poll and Josh Langford didnt play for MSU so that result isnt that crazy.

The TT loss to UTEP is a head scratcher.

Well Gonzaga is Top 10 in the preseason AP poll and Josh Langford didnt play for MSU so that result isnt that crazy.

The TT loss to UTEP is a head scratcher.
UTEP is going to be pretty good this year and Tech has a lot of new working parts. These games are just glorified practices. We have no clue who was trying to work on what. Not a ton can be taken from them. Always better if your team wins though obviously.

Reactions: mtdew_fever
Means nothing if your team wins or loses a meaningless scrimmage this early. It is just a glorified practice.
Sure, at the same time, those downplaying it would be saying it meant something if their team had won the scrimmage.

Sure, at the same time, those downplaying it would be saying it meant something if their team had won the scrimmage.
I don't have a dog in this hunt as I am an Iowa fan. Not worried who "wins" a closed scrimmage, my team or anyone else's. They are glorified practices, and I don't care who wins a practice, either. More to be gained from them, especially for teams trying new combinations of players.

The LOL was for the Clone fans who think they are a tourney team.

In the 3 or 4 preseason conference rankings that I have looked at, I haven't seen Minny picked better than 10th in any of them.

Imagine being so dense you think a scrimmage where the worst players on each team got 10+ minutes means anything.

Reactions: BBHawk
Imagine being so dense you think a scrimmage where the worst players on each team got 10+ minutes means anything.
This would be about as dense, as disguising yourself as an Iowa fan on an Iowa board, and stirring sh** up repeatedly.

I came on to see what everyone is saying. I can’t believe we are talking about wins and losses in a scrimmage. Do they even get refs for these games? Last year the Iowa state scrimmage was broke into two 20
Minute games against Nebraska. Not only that but all players generally play in the scrimmage.

I came on to see what everyone is saying. I can’t believe we are talking about wins and losses in a scrimmage. Do they even get refs for these games? Last year the Iowa state scrimmage was broke into two 20
Minute games against Nebraska. Not only that but all players generally play in the scrimmage.

Yes, the tweet from Gopher basketball listed 4 refs...John Higgins was one.

The fact that this thread exists on an Iowa board makes me happy. Gotta latch onto something while recruting sub Top 300 players.

The fact that this thread exists on an Iowa board makes me happy. Gotta latch onto something while recruting sub Top 300 players.

*Checks the number of threads and posts about Iowa on CF*

giphy.gif

Last edited:
Reactions: Ronman and BBHawk
Iowa State's Super Bowl. Their fans love that stuff.

QUOTE="BBHawk, post: 6999493, member: 1178"]Not Iowa's super bowl.

And you won't see Iowa players flipping off the clone fans, nor will you see the Iowa coach grabbing IA State players.[/QUOTE]

Iowa State's Super Bowl. Their fans love that stuff.

QUOTE="BBHawk, post: 6999493, member: 1178"]Not Iowa's super bowl.

And you won't see Iowa players flipping off the clone fans, nor will you see the Iowa coach grabbing IA State players.
[/QUOTE]

Dude we play and beat Kansas on a regular basis. Sure the Cy-hawk Game is fun just like the football game is. But I have spent $500.00+ per ticket to sit in the very top row behind the basket to watch the ISU vs KU Game when Game Day came to town and I wouldnt spend half that to watch the Cy-Hawk Basketball game.

Dude we play and beat Kansas on a regular basis. Sure the Cy-hawk Game is fun just like the football game is. But I have spent $500.00+ per ticket to sit in the very top row behind the basket to watch the ISU vs KU Game when Game Day came to town and I wouldnt spend half that to watch the Cy-Hawk Basketball game.[/QUOTE]
Weird, as all you tweet about is Hawkeye stuff, and you constantly post on the Iowa(not Kansas) board.

Dude we play and beat Kansas on a regular basis. Sure the Cy-hawk Game is fun just like the football game is. But I have spent $500.00+ per ticket to sit in the very top row behind the basket to watch the ISU vs KU Game when Game Day came to town and I wouldnt spend half that to watch the Cy-Hawk Basketball game.[/QUOTE]
Evidently the clone team feels differently based on their actions.

Dude we play and beat Kansas on a regular basis. Sure the Cy-hawk Game is fun just like the football game is. But I have spent $500.00+ per ticket to sit in the very top row behind the basket to watch the ISU vs KU Game when Game Day came to town and I wouldnt spend half that to watch the Cy-Hawk Basketball game.
Weird, as all you tweet about is Hawkeye stuff, and you constantly post on the Iowa(not Kansas) board.[/QUOTE]
I argue with Iowa fans like both ISU and Iowa fans do on Twitter. Really all I tweet about is Iowa? 90% of my tweets are ISU related. But yes i do post on the KU boards as Hayes30 I'm not hard to find.

Evidently the clone team feels differently based on their actions.[/QUOTE]
Good that's not a bad thing. I want them to play with fire in games.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT