ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa State just reloaded..

Your opinion.

How did you feel about your classy guy grabbing an opponent's crotch? Real classy guy...
Still not understanding the whole grab thing. Reggie Evans was a grab and pull kind of guy but Niang really doesn't seem the kind?

Really?

Niang definitely did that while at ISU in a game at West Virginia.
Yeah really. He turned around and the WV Player was right behind him. He basically peter tapped the dude with the back of his hand. There was no actual grab lol. I'm not saying the contact was not there I'm just arguing there was no "grab"

Yeah really. He turned around and the WV Player was right behind him. He basically peter tapped the dude with the back of his hand. There was no actual grab lol. I'm not saying the contact was not there I'm just arguing there was no "grab"
This is true. The claim about him flipping off the Hawk fans is not.

Imagine reading this from a member of the "media" that is on the ISU beat and still feeling optimistic about the upcoming season. For Williams, who is a huge homer, to have these kinds of comments is out of the ordinary.

"I don't have a ton of specifics as far as information goes but did ask around for general thoughts on the scrimmage vs. Wisconsin over the weekend.

The final score was pretty ugly but I'm hearing the damage was done in the second half. Apparently ISU was very strong in the first 20 and then just collapsed in the second.

Not sure exactly what to take from it other than inconsistency should somewhat be expected with this group early on. ISU did lose 80 percent of its scoring from a year ago.

I'd be really interested to hear about lineups, etc. Is ISU exclusively playing with 2 bigs?

Heard that the defense has been rough early, which is gonna be a problem, as this team isn't elite offensively by any means. I guess the good thing is the defense will no doubt get better with more reps. It generally always does.

Sorry I don't have more in the form of specifics. Will work on that today."

https://cyclonefanatic.com/forum/th...hearing-on-the-scrimmage-vs-wisconsin.252088/

Look at the schools that were after Moss as a grad transfer. Top tier programs. Even a couple elite programs. If you dont think Moss is a huge loss you are in for an extremely rude awakening if you expect CJ Frederick to step in and fill that void. 40%+ from three in a P6 conference and a solid defender doesnt (and a returning senior with a wealth of experience) doesnt grow on trees.

So many to choose from, but this might be my fave

Oh boy, I roll my eyes when I read threads like this while being posted, but going back and reading is actually pretty darn funny.

There are a couple of disappointed Cyclone fans on this seasons development based on expectations of players and predictions in this thread. In my mind all Cyclone fans were kind of bracing for a bad season. Clearly there were a few that saw a lot of talent on this team.

Reactions: TCOOL
This thread is great. Bolton is who he is. A chucker that needs a lot of shots to average 15 points a game. He isn’t efficient. Plus his defense isn’t very good either. There is a reason why he got benched at PSU.

Look at the schools that were after Moss as a grad transfer. Top tier programs. Even a couple elite programs. If you dont think Moss is a huge loss you are in for an extremely rude awakening if you expect CJ Frederick to step in and fill that void. 40%+ from three in a P6 conference and a solid defender doesnt (and a returning senior with a wealth of experience) doesnt grow on trees.
LOL
CJ is shooting 49%+ from the 3. And his A/T ratio is almost 3/1. NO WAY IN HELL would I trade CJ for Moss. Hid defense and savvy alone make him a far better player.

And I am starting to think that Bakari is a better option. At least he seems much better in a motion offense.

LOL
CJ is shooting 49%+ from the 3. And his A/T ratio is almost 3/1. NO WAY IN HELL would I trade CJ for Moss. Hid defense and savvy alone make him a far better player.

And I am starting to think that Bakari is a better option. At least he seems much better in a motion offense.

Moss would be a nice option for this team off the bench....much better than Evelyn.

Moss would be a nice option for this team off the bench....much better than Evelyn.
The thing is Fran is using Evelyn at PG and he's done well in that role the last couple games. No way in hell Moss could handle the PG role.

Still would like Moss as a shooter off the bench but the Evelyn comparison isn't a good one IMO because they'd be used differently.

Iowa State isnt a terrible team this year, but losing Haliburton to the NBA after this season is going to really hurt.

Next year looking to be rough unless they can find some consistent shooters and a PG.

Reactions: iahawkeyes17
The thing is Fran is using Evelyn at PG and he's done well in that role the last couple games. No way in hell Moss could handle the PG role.

Still would like Moss as a shooter off the bench but the Evelyn comparison isn't a good one IMO because they'd be used differently.

Yep, totally different players.

Now it’s possible Moss went up against Frederick for a year and realized CJ was going to take his spot or at least more of his minutes. And it’s possible Fran thought that as well and couldn’t guarantee Moss the starting job or the type of role he wanted. Nobody knows until the season occurs.

Sha right, and monkey's are going to fly out of my butt.

source.gif

So, now what do you think? :)

Holy crap there is a lot of Clown fail in this thread.

So many to choose from, but this might be my fave

I prefer this gem:

Lol crazy that he had more than 50 schools reach out including half the big ten and Kansas, Louisville, Oregon, Iowa State, Arizona State etc...

It is a significant loss you are being ignorant to say otherwise. Why your fanbase isnt questioning Fran more is beyond me. Cant let a player like that walk right before what should be his most productive year. Unexcuseable!

And here we are debating if CJF will be a s good or better than Weezy. Glad that he took his disapearing act elsewhere. CJF is the better player hands down.
everyone has the right to their opinion.
i will hold off on mine until I see him play w/o JW.
then again, I hope that isn't for a few years!! :)

Iowa State isnt a terrible team this year, but losing Haliburton to the NBA after this season is going to really hurt.

Next year looking to be rough unless they can find some consistent shooters and a PG.
They are .500 right now. Honestly I'd really doubt they finish above .500 if you look at that schedule, that's bad this day and age. They will lose Jacobsen, Tyrese, and Brickson. Next year could be really rough.

They are .500 right now. Honestly I'd really doubt they finish above .500 if you look at that schedule, that's bad this day and age. They will lose Jacobsen, Tyrese, and Brickson. Next year could be really rough.

They are bad this year and will be much worse next year unless Prohm can find an impact grad transfer or two. His track record with grad transfers has been awful too.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT