ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa State LOST! LOL

What cities do you officiate games in. I coach jr high basketball.

I'm mentally heckling you as well. :)

Seems like we have a lot of refs on this board. Can't you just give the kids a chance to play without being watched all the time!!! (Wait, you said coach....oh well, just go with it!)

By the way, just bumping mostly because, Iowa State lost! :D

What cities do you officiate games in. I coach jr high basketball.
No where close to North Liberty. Kossuth County. I do JV and JH. No varsity. Working in law enforcement I don't need the headache of varsity basketball. The only varsity sport I do now is softball. My reffing money goes into my bowl game account.

I'm mentally heckling you as well. :)

Seems like we have a lot of refs on this board. Can't you just give the kids a chance to play without being watched all the time!!! (Wait, you said coach....oh well, just go with it!)

By the way, just bumping mostly because, Iowa State lost! :D

Yeah, you couldn't pay me to officiate games. Its a tough gig and way too much to deal with even on the junior high level.

Reactions: DanL53
No where close to North Liberty. Kossuth County. I do JV and JH. No varsity. Working in law enforcement I don't need the headache of varsity basketball. The only varsity sport I do now is softball. My reffing money goes into my bowl game account.

I really wish people would realize that reffing is a good $$ maker. If you can handle getting chewed out and yelled at for a couple of hours. I did it during college and until I had kids and loved it. It was an easy 2-3k a year for football & basketball. Now kids keep me too busy, can't do it. Once they are all grown up and its just me and wife I am getting back into it.

I really wish people would realize that reffing is a good $$ maker. If you can handle getting chewed out and yelled at for a couple of hours. I did it during college and until I had kids and loved it. It was an easy 2-3k a year for football & basketball. Now kids keep me too busy, can't do it. Once they are all grown up and its just me and wife I am getting back into it.
It is tough with kids. My kids are in their 30's. When they were in school I was unable to officiate. Once they were out I started again.

I'm not telling my umpire story from between 7th and 8th grade again...gets to long. But for part of a summer I was making an easy $20.00 an hour...but comments are right...had to learn to ignore the hecklers.

Reffed and umpired during high school and college. Made good money. No varsity either. Did jr high, JV, etc....

Reactions: NI hawk
I really wish people would realize that reffing is a good $$ maker. If you can handle getting chewed out and yelled at for a couple of hours.

Absolutely. I reffed youth soccer about a decade ago; could pull in $500 for doing a weekend 3v3 tournament with little effort.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT