ADVERTISEMENT

*****Iowa vs Nebby Game Thread*****

Let me see what is happening in the Cheese-It Bowl.
If you didn’t switch over, you really have been missing an entertaining game.

Truth be told, I completely forgot there was an Iowa b-ball game tonight. Saw something on my phone that reminded me close to halftime. I chose not to switch over and watch. I used to never miss a Hawkeye b-ball game, now they’re just an afterthought. I think I’m at the point now where I’ll wait until Fran is gone, however many years that takes…

Ogundele and Mulvey are post players…
I see where your going there. At this point two waisted schollys. Josh is physical, but has NO feel for the game on either end of the floor. I had hopes that Mulvey would progress, but that sure doesn't appear to have happened. If Iowa's is to compete going forward, we can't have 3-5 schollys sitting on the bench with guys who just aren't going to provide anything.

Ogundele should maybe be getting some looks here and there, but Rebraca is the team’s best player and should be out there as much as possible. Also, if JO is the guy that we’re counting on to solve our problems, the squad is in trouble
a. When Rebraca is out, IOWA gets jail breaked
b. getting blown by NE and in 2H by EIU is the definition of “in trouble “

a. When Rebraca is out, IOWA gets jail breaked
b. getting blown by NE and in 2H by EIU is the definition of “in trouble “
a. Iowa got jailbroken with Rebraca in - through little fault of his own
b. Let me rephrase: If JO is the guy we’re counting on to solve our problems, the season is over

Reactions: QChawks and KcTo
I see where your going there. At this point two waisted schollys. Josh is physical, but has NO feel for the game on either end of the floor. I had hopes that Mulvey would progress, but that sure doesn't appear to have happened. If Iowa's is to compete going forward, we can't have 3-5 schollys sitting on the bench with guys who just aren't going to provide anything.
Ogundele represents well in every opportunity…

I would argue the last 60m of IOWA basketball shows NO feel at all for playing well.

Reactions: vamchawk
a. Iowa got jailbroken with Rebraca in - through little fault of his own
b. Let me rephrase: If JO is the guy we’re counting on to solve our problems, the season is over
If IOWA plays like they have the last 60m , the season is over.

BTW, I’m not dissing rebraca, he needs help.

Check 1h, while Rebraca was out, got run out of gym…

Reactions: the24fan
Why does Dix get so few touches on offense?
I’m actually in 100% agreement.
Dix played well when in game, but Coaches decision to limit his minutes.
fran just refuses to give any minutes to others, even when they produce In limited action.

Reactions: amahawk
If IOWA plays like they have the last 60m , the season is over.

BTW, I’m not dissing rebraca, he needs help.

Check 1h, while Rebraca was out, got run out of gym…
The season is far from over, but things need to turn around, and it starts with making some open jumpers. We are getting no production from the 1, 2, or 3 spots, which is a far bigger concern then Ogundele getting in for his 3-4 minutes per half before he’s too tired to continue

Reactions: amahawk and KcTo
The season is far from over, but things need to turn around, and it starts with making some open jumpers. We are getting no production from the 1, 2, or 3 spots, which is a far bigger concern then Ogundele getting in for his 3-4 minutes per half before he’s too tired to continue
Recall ogundle at Purdue. 16 minutes 7 pointes 3-5m shooting , vs 3 awesome bigs.

never to see double digit minutes again,

that’s poor coaching

Rebraca should get 30mpg+ so you’re picking nits
not disagreeing on Rebraca minutes, I’d give him more if I could 34.

but also can go with both at same time,
  • bettrr rebounding. Tonight 54-40.
  • better points in paint D
  • better FGA %
  • less 3 point shooting
I see only upside

I don’t want to start a new thread but point me to the discussion of Sandfort injury if there has been any?

To me, it seemed odd that he grabbed his right shoulder like that… wondering what that was? I don’t think there was much of a collision. I’m going to get blasted for this but it reminded me of a kid I played baseball with years ago who got “hurt” when he made an error.

Tony needs to go back to playing PG, he needs the ball in his hands. It's as simple as that. As for Sandford he needs to see an optometrist and see what's the matter, He may need contacts or glasses....
Is there any way we could call Keegan's NBA salary as NIL and loan him from Sacramento until the end of Iowa's season. At least it would be fun to see what a real basketball player looks like.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT