ADVERTISEMENT

*****Iowa vs NW Game Thread*****

A D1 official should not miss a 10 second call, ever. Green is worthless. Understandable Fran was irate but he went overboard.
Jesus Christ...you guys act like they missed it by 4 seconds. They missed the 10 second call by about .1 or .2 seconds. You guys are making excuses for a team that just didn't play well at all. The refs didn't make us turn it over at the start of the game. They didn't make us miss wide open shots. It wasn't the refs that decided we should have Rebraca switch and guard Beiu on like 10 trips in a row.

Green is a crook. Hates Iowa and doesn’t even try to hide the bias. Why is he still allowed to call Iowa games?
He's a bad official but most Big Ten coaches know that and don't get on his bad side. Fran's on a bad officials bad side and that's a horrible place to be. And what does Fran do about that, well he decides to take out his frustration on this game on an official instead of coaching his team. The technicals and outbursts are beyond old at this point. I don't know maybe try coaching your team instead of blaming the officials for how badly your team played.

Umm his team defended the other team for 10 seconds in the back court resulting in a 10 second violation which the dumbass crew just decided not to call for some reason? Is that what you are talking about?

Yes, Replay shows blown call....however it was maybe 10.2 seconds....do you really expect humans are going to be able to make that call at better than a 50/50 chance of getting it correct? I used to get worked up about ref bad calls but as I get older, it does mostly even out and it is just the nature of the game. I do agree Courtney Green is not a great ref.

Iowa was getting soundly beaten regardless of refs today...they didn't make shots. Fran getting two technicals certainly sealed the deal. Not unlike NW coach getting a technical at Carver and turning that into a blowout loss for NW.

That stretch was a microcosm of the whole game.

Great D. NW throws it up with .5 seconds.

2 wide open 3s that we miss.

So you are saying everyone should accept he is bad and not say anything for fear of getting on his bad side? That’s laughable

Reactions: BlazinHawk
maybe he can land some recruits and get a reputation as a recruiter

I agree that his demeanor would be great for a head coach. He was a great player for the Hawks and he seems to be a no-nonsense kind of guy. Good call Fran

I hate to diss on the kid,but he is frustrating to watch. Sometimes he looks all Big,mostly looks like a bench player that should not play much more than 10 minutes.

he's a tall kid that was allowed to spend his entire B-ball career playing the perimeter. Yes, he can occasionally make shots, but the inability for him to mix it up in paint and guard in the paint means he should be a bench player. Today, Sandfort also was poor, so not like it mattered much which of them played bigger minutes.

They should play physical too when the refs are allowing it. Idk what else you can do if shots aren’t falling.
You can't just "play physical" when you're always out of position on the defensive end or when you get matched up against a better athlete. We're not great athletes (as an entire team) and our coaches apparently don't put a big emphasis on defense.

Umm his team defended the other team for 10 seconds in the back court resulting in a 10 second violation which the dumbass crew just decided not to call for some reason? Is that what you are talking about?
No, im talking about 13 seasons of god awful defense. Lose ur shit over 1 call when your team can’t get a stop to save their ass and down 15. Makes sense

Big Tens 2nd place team is Northwestern.

Big 12s is Baylor or Texas.

Wow.
At least little brother comes to visit when Iowa loses.

It amuses me how much more enjoyment Cyclone, Gopher, Husker and Badger fans get out of Iowa losses than their own team's wins.

Probably the biggest reason I hope each one of those teams go 0-for-forever in each of their sports every season.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT