ADVERTISEMENT

*****Iowa vs NW Game Thread*****

Give Northwestern some credit, they’re for real. Bouie is outstanding and they play great defense. Hawks list this in the first half with atrocious 3 point shooting. Winning on the road is tough in college basketball.
Exactly.
And they earned a split with us. Nothing more.

Reactions: Mohawkeye
Jesus Christ...you guys act like they missed it by 4 seconds. They missed the 10 second call by about .1 or .2 seconds. You guys are making excuses for a team that just didn't play well at all. The refs didn't make us turn it over at the start of the game. They didn't make us miss wide open shots. It wasn't the refs that decided we should have Rebraca switch and guard Beiu on like 10 trips in a row.
That call is not missed much and shouldn’t be. It’s who missed it that ticks me off. And WTF, I never said it cost us or the refs cost us the game. This game was over 10 minutes in.

Refs were off but not any where near as off as iowa shooting damn. Just not enough production from the front court to be able to make it a game on a bad shooting night. Murray should have been fired up after those chants but he was addicted to see the ball hit iron.

This team pretty much lives or dies from 3. We have had several games this year where we couldn't hit the broad side of a barn. What did we end up tonight, 3 for 24 ?

Reactions: chunkfish and WSC72
This team pretty much lives or dies from 3. We have had several games this year where we couldn't hit the broad side of a barn. What did we end up tonight, 3 for 24 ?
I think that’s true with most teams. It’s a 3 point game.

Reactions: Gladeskat
I was pretty sure it wasn't going to be our night when we missed 15 of our first 16 3-point shots. I guess we were due to lay a turd and this game was it. We still have a lot to play for this season. As others have mentioned, winning on the road in the BIG is tough.

How the hell do we get scheduled at 5:30 on a Sunday?

This is not a regular time slot for B10 games.

I just wasn't up for it. No mojo.

Actually, my enjoyment tonight was watching your coach have another complete absolute meltdown. How many is it now in his career? I know, far too many to count.
You must have loved this punk bitch losing it over a non penalty. Yes Fran is embarrassing but it was a 10 second violation at least. Skip to 45 second mark for the good stuff. Don't point fingers, if you re a clown who supports Matt "the eternal victim" Campbell😂

Reactions: Bishop1971
We shoot mis 17 3 pointers in first half so we should have played inside out instead we keep jacking up 3 pointers
They were wide open shots most of them. Sucked that we couldn't make them. I didn't expect we would win this game. I doubt we will win at Wiscy. We got to beat MSU at home.

When you say “F You” to an official you need to be suspended.

It’s ridiculous to treat officials like that. That crap trickles down to high school and empowers parents to do it at youth levels.

People complain about poor officials and lack of officials in general. It’s crap like that at its highest levels
Spoken like someone who officiated or knows someone who does........

Btw...........I officiate.

Wanna know something?.............F*** them refs. How bout that?:D

With Fran it’s over and over and over and over. He cannot lose without a meltdown.

He’s a complete lunatic.
Considering Matty plays 1/3 of the games and has been there half the time it's pretty similar if you're being honest at all. Fran has actually been pretty good this year other than Indiana I believe. They are both pretty embarrassing, you look like a jackass by pointing the finger when 3 are pointing right back at your hilarious ketchup and mustard clown suit

At least we don't have a melt down.

This is hilarious. And now coach wife gets tossed? I mean, this is hilarious stuff.

HAHAHAHAHAHA

Like this kind of hilarious? When the Hawks didn’t even play their best player? How the hell was that shitty team ranked #20?

Opened the game 20-2.

LOLOLOLOLOLOL

Last edited:
Our AD has more class in his little finger than your entire athletic department.
rofl-rolling.gif

And TJ acted w class.
ISU fans blamed the officials when they got blown out! ISU never loses a game that isn’t the officials fault. The 10 second call didn’t cost the game. 3-24 from three cost the game. We shoot our normal % and we win. Thankfully we weren’t ahead 20+ points to the last place team with 12 minutes left and lose it! lol

I would go over to troll on CF during Cyclone losses, but I don't even bother wasting my time with that POS school in any shape or fashion, except for those one time per a sport's season Iowa has to share a field or court with that embarrassment of a university.

Our AD has more class in his little finger than your entire athletic department
Our AD has more class in his little finger than your entire athletic department.
I am sure there has been a time or two previously when you have come on here and argued a valid point. But this is laughable. when you are arming yourself with “the level of class” by which Jamie Pollard conducts himself……well you now have zero credibility and should really just GTF outta here.

cost us 4 pts, but not the game

the bigger issue might be that the relationship with Courtney Green continues to get worse
This. Certainly Fran as done NOTHING to defuse the situation. Since he has no control over who does our games, he needs to find a way to deal with him and some others.

So once he vented.

How many times for Fran where he goes ballistic?

Obviously way too many to count.

You must be proud.
He actually called a press conference more than 48 hours after a loss to complain about officiating. That’s your AD and the mindset of all people related to ISU. That is truly embarrassing and something to be proud about…whaaaa, whaaa, whaaaa. Did Jamie’s wife get kicked out of that high school bball game too or just Jamie?

I am sure there has been a time or two previously when you have come on here and argued a valid point. But this is laughable. when you are arming yourself with “the level of class” by which Jamie Pollard conducts himself……well you now have zero credibility and should really just GTF outta here.
Yeah other Big Ten foes don't share your sentiment. Most label the KF program at the top of class. Most head coaches in basketball have Fran up towards the top of class in regards to the way he conducts his program.

The technical thing is whatever. Most of the time he does it for a jolt to the players. Tonight, he wanted Courtney Green's head and that's fine. Guy made, and continues to make poor calls with little repercussions. Everyone is fine. Collins & Fran get along well so who really cares?

Im not sure hes an nba player. Connects with a ton of slop in the paint that wont work in the league. Jumper is shaky half the time.
He also doesn't have that toughness or quiet confidence that Keegan just oozed with.

Every time a defense gets physical with him on drives, Kris either loses the ball easily or throws up pure junk that misses more often that not and pouts about the lack of a foul call, even though he knows the likelihood of a favorable whistle is extremely low - especially in road games.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT