ADVERTISEMENT

*****Iowa vs Tennessee Game Thread*****

I still think KF can get it done. The unfortunately the experiment with his son wasted great defenses the last few years

A competent OC is all this team really needed
How? It’s Kirk’s offense. It’s his terrible coaching hires, awful recruiting and inability to develop a QB that has us dead last in offense 3 years in a row. He plays fat boy turnover machine all game. The o-line coaching guru has assembled quite possibly the worst o-line in his tenure. How will he get it done? You can bet he will hire a washed up OC yes man and we all get to see more of the same bullshit. Curtain call is due for the Joe Biden of college football.

Good luck next year. Not trying to be a touched. Always kind of liked Iowa, and I like Kirk Ferentz. Hard-nosed, Midwestern coach, which is a soft spot for me. He could've played Hackman's role in Hoosiers possibly even better. And I loathe UM, OSU, and PSU, so I hope y'all beat them forever.

Reactions: ottumwan in tx
I still like BF and deac. think they were ok. not great but ok. like them as hawkeyes. time to turn the page. not going to be upset when BF leaves, not going to be upset if marco gets it next year. time to clean the garage. no , I really am supposed to be cleaning the garage right now.
Deac had two picks, one for six, and a fumble deep in Tenn territory. He was not Ok. He was awful.

Hawks - thanks to the offense - will be lucky to be sniffing ANY bowl, let alone a 1/1 one.
The bowl structure has changed so much that playing on January 1 isn’t a thing any more except for the playoff teams… all of the higher ranked teams already played a three days ago. It’s not exactly some special honor to play on January 1 like it used to be.

That's the problem with this program right now. It's been so dysfunctional on the offensive side of the ball that personnel evaluation is very difficult. Brian leaving is step one to becoming a functional offense again. I'm not convinced that other staffing changes aren't necessary. You really have to look at the guys leading the oline and WR groups as well given how poorly they've performed.
We have had WR issues forever and oline issues for a long time. It is a KF thing

Post game press conference transcript is now available:

Reporter - “Kirk, you preach ball security and few penalties, both of which did not go well today after a month to prepare……….so what are your thoughts about the character development of your coaching staff and what makes their bond so special?”

KF -
Absolutely, we won 10 games this year and you can’t accomplish what we did without men of high character

Reporter - “Your consistent use of multiple backs never lets any of them get into a rhythm…”

KF - “Do you have a question somewhere in there (snort)?

Reporter - “Yes. Would you say that teaching brotherhood throughout the offseason helped bring the team together?”

KF - “Definitely, I have the utmost respect for our staff and feel like they have helped lead us.”

Reporter - “You have failed to score a single point against ranked teams this year…”

KF - “I don’t see how any of that is relevant”

Reactions: dozeman
How? It’s Kirk’s offense. It’s his terrible coaching hires, awful recruiting and inability to develop a QB that has us dead last in offense 3 years in a row. He plays fat boy turnover machine all game. The o-line coaching guru has assembled quite possibly the worst o-line in his tenure. How will he get it done? You can bet he will hire a washed up OC yes man and we all get to see more of the same bullshit. Curtain call is due for the Joe Biden of college football.
Keep POTUS out of it.

Defense was honestly not near as physical as they needed to be. D line got blocked and linebackers were nowhere to be found most of the day in the run game. Got a few sacks but Tennessee played pretty conservatively honestly.
A few sacks?? I think they had 5 or 6. The defense didn't have their best game but played solid for the most part and only gave up 14 points when the game was in doubt. Iowa had zero chance in this game, and that had nothing to do with the defense.

Speak for Yourself You Self loathing snowflake.
It is easy to cast stones from the comfort of our living rooms or man caves or bathrooms or whatever. It takes a bigger fan to step up and support the coaches. I am 100% behind Brian Ferentz and Papa Ferentz.

• Haha
Reactions: SI_NYC
You are pathetic. Happy New Year Piglet

Celebrate In Love GIF by Max

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT