ADVERTISEMENT

*****Iowa vs Tennessee Game Thread*****

Based on talent and execution, I am ready to move on from every offensive coach at this point. I don't care who it is. If the past two games especially is not a warning of where we are and where we are going then people are not paying attention. That may be a bit unfair to some but this is a disease that starts with the HC. It is really bad. We (our coaches) think we are ok....think it will improve...etc. I really thought we could have a realistic chance of making the playoffs next year.....not now. We can't complete at that level with some of this staff and certainly with the HC. They just don't "get it" and are living in the 2 decades ago. That is not how it works today.

But what would we do without our every year must have walk-on safety?
The problem is Ferentz was not very good at football and he loves players such as himself and stays with them come hell or high water. Ferentz is truly a real dumbass IMO.

Maybe not tanked, but not sure how much you can glean out of his performance considering it came down 28-0.

Weird, didn't you threaten to put me on ignore? 4 times now?
Speak truth to power, my man. Lots of sour grapes out here today. Needed more cheering for the team, IMO.

• Haha
Reactions: SI_NYC
:Dno I am not kidding, wifey wants me to clean the garage. no pics of the garage.
no pics of garage, whatabout the wife? :D

Ryan Reynolds GIF by The Hitman's Wife's Bodyguard

Reactions: ottumwan in tx
It is easy to cast stones from the comfort of our living rooms or man caves or bathrooms or whatever. It takes a bigger fan to step up and support the coaches. I am 100% behind Brian Ferentz and Papa Ferentz.
You can't support Brian and Iowa football at the same time. Those 2 positions are completely at odds with one another.

Reactions: Rambler Hawk
It is easy to cast stones from the comfort of our living rooms or man caves or bathrooms or whatever. It takes a bigger fan to step up and support the coaches. I am 100% behind Brian Ferentz and Papa Ferentz.
Since you are not an Iowa fan, that makes sense.

Reactions: Bierhalter
Anybody looking at this team and thinking that the QB's, WR's and oline over the last several years haven't taken a huge step back isn't seeing clearly.
Yet every year they recruit 4 or 5 DE’s and LB’s. Many that are wiffs. Pure numbers and good defensive coaching and it makes sense they are putting their eggs in the defensive basket. Get’s em 7-10 wins a year against the sallies.

Yet every year they recruit 4 or 5 DE’s and LB’s. Many that are wiffs. Pure numbers and good defensive coaching and it makes sense they are putting their eggs in the defensive basket. Get’s em 7-10 wins a year against the sallies.
This is such a weird argument. They don't recruit more defensive players than offensive players every year. This isn't Fran choosing lanky shooters instead of athletic defenders. Defensive recruits have absolutely nothing to do with the recruiting and development on the offensive side of the ball. This is about a failure of Kirk to assemble an offensive staff that can recruit, develop and coordinate an effective offense. Period. End of story.

Bonafide proof that CFB as we know it is a simple novelty. The distance between the haves and the have nots will only increase as time goes on.
ESPN this AM was talking that bowls should go away and just run a 12 team playoff, I agree.

Or, with NIL and portal, just make2 new divisions.

Lol weird definition of deflecting when I outright answered the question.

Keep following me like a lost puppy!
"not sure how much you can glean out of his performance considering it came down 28-0"

Deflecting!

Either that or your "maybe not tanked" statement is an admission you were wrong. It's one or the other!

You are really flailing today. And being called on it left and right.

• Haha
Reactions: Frosty7130
Based on talent and execution, I am ready to move on from every offensive coach at this point. I don't care who it is. If the past two games especially is not a warning of where we are and where we are going then people are not paying attention. That may be a bit unfair to some but this is a disease that starts with the HC. It is really bad. We (our coaches) think we are ok....think it will improve...etc. I really thought we could have a realistic chance of making the playoffs next year.....not now. We can't complete at that level with some of this staff and certainly with the HC. They just don't "get it" and are living in the 2 decades ago. That is not how it works today.
college game has become strange with this portal, nil stuff. and collectives. not sure if anyone can figure it out.

did you guys notice at the gamewatch it was over during the first int?? like we did here....
Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? We knew it was over when Hill threw the INT at the 4 yd line of UT.

Of course we did, but that didn't prevent us from watching even if our eyes were bleeding.

Reactions: ottumwan in tx
he's eating crow after shooting his mouth off about "run n shoot teams"

Some teams you have to out score. They all don't play in the B1G West.

Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? We knew it was over when Hill threw the INT at the 4 yd line of UT.

Of course we did, but that didn't prevent us from watching even if our eyes were bleeding.
hopefully the drinks were flowing. speaking of that, time for me to start drinking...

ESPN this AM was talking that bowls should go away and just run a 12 team playoff, I agree.

Or, with NIL and portal, just make2 new divisions.
I think this is headed to a 30 team division that will be the top 30 tv teams that will play for a title and everyone else. Frankly the BIG and SEC expansions are not the end game….that is becoming clear to me.

Reactions: obfuscating
The Iowa media should be firing and blasting off with the "Where was Marco Lainez during the season, let alone earlier in the game vs Tennessee?!" questions for Kirk after the game, but instead it'll be lobbed softball after lobbed softball as per usual.
Iowa media after the game......." how much has Joe Evans meant to the program 🤔" 😆 🤣

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT