ADVERTISEMENT

*****Iowa vs Utah Game Thread*****

200w.gif

Pmac made his very last FG attempt as a Hawkeye.

He finishes with 19 pts.

If these 2 had shown up, Iowa wins:

* 1-11 FGs, 5 pts for Payton

* 1-5 FGs, 3 pts for Tony
2-16 (13%) Combined

Maybe, or maybe Utah plays harder and still wins. They kind of were playing to the crowd in 2nd half.

Reactions: LetsGoHawks83
Wow Freeman needs to work on his offense.
He has few reliable moves.
Can't just dunk and hope to get a sniff at the next level.

His game is quickness in his post moves, but he's going to have problems against Taller bigs. He's a heck of a player, but I agree he needs to expand his moves. His shooting is pretty bad outside 5 ft from the basket.

Hard to predict Iowa's future. With NIL, anyone decent can be poached by paying more and offering better shot at post season success.

Reactions: Buffalo43
Wasn't watching. Was Iowa taking timeouts at the end because guys were getting trapped near the baseline, or...?
Nope. Off a made basket.

And you know what defense he called in that last timeout?

To trot down the court and just stand around to let Utah run the clock out.

• Sad
Reactions: Bierhalter
How about any guards Euro, Hispanic, Chinese, etc etc. Sorry if the term Euro offends u. Giannis is a Euro player after all.
It doesn't offend me and I agree you can never recruit too many guards. I guess part of my frustration is that I see many other schools pull good players out of Europe but that's another thing that Fran has not seemed too interested in...even the ones he's gotten played at US prep schools or colleges first.

Reactions: tumorboy
A mediocre end to a mediocre season. Consistent with Fran’s body of work.

Does Fran get credit for another winning B1G season? He went 10-10 in regular season but 0-1 in BTT...that puts him at 10-11 by my count. I have to say the way Perkins played the last 4-5 games, he won't be missed. The roster is full of guys that can't guard or handle or rebound...I'm not buying the new spin that Fran is on cusp of doing something special either next year or following year. Whether Iowa gets rocked by some bad portal news is only thing left to keep Iowa b-ball fans tuned in.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT