ADVERTISEMENT

*****Iowa vs Utah Game Thread*****

I see they have a 7-footer (Carlson) that shoots the three well.

Krikke / Freeman are gonna have a difficult time.

If Payton is hot again we have a decent chance of winning.
We have been a feisty road team the last half of the season.
MSU NW...wins....Md, Illini...hung tough.

Reactions: Mohawkeye
joe pesci youths GIF

I see they have a 7-footer (Carlson) that shoots the three well.

Krikke / Freeman are gonna have a difficult time.

Anytime Krikke goes off it is a big bonus...he's been Brickkee more than Krikke in most of B1G season. He does seem to do better out of conference where maybe he isn't scouted as well. Iowa wins when they have a great shooting game and that could be any game.

I'm rooting for Iowa in NIT but no biggee if they lose. The big fireworks will probably be in Portal vs NIT and NIT success doesn't mean much for next year (example Wisconsin).

Iowa historically has not been big winner in Portal and instead sometimes surprising losses to the Portal. Lets hope the Swarm or big donors make this a better Portal. We know we're down Bowen at very least. I heard Dix mentioned as possible transfer to Creighton----that would be a huge blow, but who knows if there is any smoke.

Iowa historically has not been big winner in Portal and instead sometimes surprising losses to the Portal. Lets hope the Swarm or big donors make this a better Portal. We know we're down Bowen at very least. I heard Dix mentioned as possible transfer to Creighton----that would be a huge blow, but who knows if there is any smoke.
That would make sense for Dix but ouch….would be a huge huge bummer for us.

Like going into the previous game, no expectations or hopes.

We'll get what we get.

(feel like the Hawks' 4-8 road record will play a non-helpful factor tonight as well, despite the two wins @ MSU and NW late in the regular season)

I believe this year the NIT champ and March Madness champ; play one final game for all the marbles. Neutral site of course.

Losing Dix would be devastating. I think he’s an NBA player. Maybe after next year. I’d rather lose Perkins.

They should give the winner of the NIT a berth into the Elite 8 or Sweet 16. Would make things much more interesting.

Reactions: skydog0784
We know Creighton has cash to offer based on the big # they gave Baylor schniederman out of So.Dakota st.
Poaching is now legal if you come up with cash.

Losing Dix would be devastating. I think he’s an NBA player. Maybe after next year. I’d rather lose Perkins.

They should give the winner of the NIT a berth into the Elite 8 or Sweet 16. Would make things much more interesting.
Losing Bowen was not surprising. Losing any core players from here would suck, but in reality all the players are open to competing bids/poaching in today's NIL free for all.

Losing Bowen was not surprising. Losing any core players from here would suck, but in reality all the players are open to competing bids/poaching in today's NIL free for all.
If we were any good, or had a promising future, players wouldn’t be looking to leave - especially those that play a lot and are a major component of the team.

Anytime Krikke goes off it is a big bonus...he's been Brickkee more than Krikke in most of B1G season. He does seem to do better out of conference where maybe he isn't scouted as well. Iowa wins when they have a great shooting game and that could be any game.

I'm rooting for Iowa in NIT but no biggee if they lose. The big fireworks will probably be in Portal vs NIT and NIT success doesn't mean much for next year (example Wisconsin).

Wouldn’t that be “any fire”?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT