ADVERTISEMENT

*****Iowa vs Utah Game Thread*****

He’s the only guy on our team that looks to be playing at the right speed. You see his height as a problem (it’s not a strength) but our pic and roll schemes and effort are the problem. Pmac is one foot from hi guy on the weakside. On any competent defensive team brocks size is not an issue.

I think he'll always be a weakness in the defense. Since Fran doesn't care about defense, that means Harding is on the right team.

Harding does some things with the Baskeball on offense that are truly unique/highly skilled. He hasn't yet shown he can consitently shoot but he might....maybe he can be a spectacular offensive player along the lines that Krikke was good on offens, not so good elswhere.

The physics fo being 5'10 and maybe 160lbs say a 6'5 uber athletic guard can back him down and shoot over him like he's not there. I noticed a lot of guards in NCAA that are uber athletic and bigger.

I'd love for Harding to be an All-B1G, go on to NBA, set records. I think is is more likely he's a a good offense/weaknesss on defense. He wouldn't play for TJ Otzelberger but he will start for Fran next year and maybe be the onlly true pg on the roster. I truly hope Harding is a star to be.

No u think I’m racist. When in reality I have a difference of opinion based on what I see in terms of a kids talent. My opinion is based on the physical attributes he lacks. Not the color of his skin. I’d have the same opinion of him if he was African American. You are the bringing your victimhood bias into this thread. I’ve read several other threads which I didn’t participate in btw. Which u do the same bull shit. The one with issues is you or you’re a dumb troll.
Then get your eyes checked. you can't see worth a damn! The only attribute of Brock you got right was he's 6 foot, and there's a lot of 6 foot players that play for P5 teams across the country. Your hatred of Fran is definitely clouding your eye sight and by the way, you're the one that trolls this board when you have nothing good to say about the program.

Last edited:
I'm not getting any of the knocks on Brocks tonight. Had his best shooting night on 5-5 including 2 three-pointers. In limited minutes tied for most assists with 4. Had more points/min than all the starters. Should clearly have had more of Perk's minutes - he checked out nearly a month ago. Had a couple of defensive lapses but who didn't? Dude is CRAZY QUICK. If it appears he is standing in the lane with the ball it's because he CAN having faked everyone out. He's gonna be good. Deal with it! ;)

Then get your eyes checked. you can't see worth a damn! The only attribute of Brock you got right was he's 6 foot, and there's a lot of 6 foot players that play for P5 teams across the country. Your hatred of Fran is definitely clouding your eye sight and by the way, you're the one that trolls this board when you have nothing good to say about the program.
How about we leave it at this. Who would you rather have as your starting PG. Dean Oliver, or Harding. And why? Similar size correct. Harding would be a nice role player but he simply lacks what Iowa desperately needs in guard play. At least as the current roster stands. Hopefully the season finish is a wake up call and some changes are made in roster construction.

Odds are good the same discussion on this board will be taking place next season following another poor post season performance by a Fran team that plays no D, is unathletic and has a badly constructed roster. Including the responses that a sweet 16 is just around the corner.

Odds are good the same discussion on this board will be taking place next season following another poor post season performance by a Fran team that plays no D, is unathletic and has a badly constructed roster. Including the responses that a sweet 16 is just around the corner.
This team is nothing but Mid Major talent. They'd struggle to win the MVC & wouldn't be competitive in the MWC. I'm not too worried about players hitting the portal, who would want any of our guys? All of our starters are better off coming off the bench for a P5 or starting for mid majors.

Yeah I agree, my gripe is more of frustration of recruiting guys that don’t improve the team. I like the looks of the Koch kid, but Iowa as I’ve beaten to death needs different types of players. Nobody recruits 8 PGs for a roster. Nobody should recruit or keep 6 combo forwards on a roster either unless they have different skill sets.
And how about the portal pickup of Braun? and schollie guy Mulvey? We go get mid-major talent that's not as good as the mid-majors we already have.

Body language tells it ALL. i look for a lot of shake up on the Iowa team and I think Dix will be gone. Tony isn't coming back and Fran and the boy will still be here.
Q2th6M.gif

• Haha
Reactions: HawkBall23
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT