ADVERTISEMENT

*****Iowa (W) vs Nebraska Game Thread*****

Other major issues:

(1) 17 second chance pts for Debbie (just 4 for Iowa)

(2) 16 Iowa turnovers (5 too many)

(3) 5 missed Iowa layups (Iowa officially was 17-22)

(4) Free throw shooting:

1-4 Hannah
6-9 Caitlin
2-2 Rest of team

Well that's it everyone, the season is OVER! Cash it in, we are DONE! Forever.

Tina Fey Scream GIF by Crave

Space 1999 Madness GIF by GerryAndersonTV

Looked too much like the Creighton 2nd round game in '22. We still don't like to be bumped and pushed for 40 minutes, as has been the rap for a while.

Reactions: littlez
Why does the same Iowa City cop follow Clark to every road game too? I've never seen that before for any college athlete.
Notre Dame coaches have the head of security from the university with them at home snd away games. Football, mens basketball and women's basketball. Sometimes there is conflict because can't be in 2 places at once and other security go with. Never seen it for athletes. Is it for the coach team or just Clark?

Looking at stats—despite the flurry of 3s by Nebby in final period, we ended up tied in 3s. One FT and one extra field goal was the difference. Which, of course, were there but missed….

Notre Dame coaches have the head of security from the university with them at home snd away games. Football, mens basketball and women's basketball. Sometimes there is conflict because can't be in 2 places at once and other security go with. Never seen it for athletes. Is it for the coach team or just Clark?
Kirk had the same Officer, Ron, at every one of his games for 18 or 19 years straight if I remember. Until he passed away & now there's a new guy.

You don't think Nebraska's defense had a little to do with that?
No. It doesn’t matter how teams defend us we always push the pace. We had 15 possessions in the 4th quarter with Clark getting 3 shots while not being the primary ball handler. I’d just like to know legend you have the best player in the game you take the ball out of hands for an entire quarter? She’s a damn good coach. She blew this one.

Well it was obvious that Bluder and Caitlyn wanted to the record broke on Thursday at home. It was obvious that it got into Caitlyn's head. If they are good enough to go to the championship again they will.

To play devil's advocate:

Caitlin put up shots in the 4th Quarter; she simply missed EVERY SHOT.

She had 25 shot attempts for the game; that's normal, right?

Caitlin took 6 shots in the 4th qtr (was 0-6).

She averaged 6.33 shots/quarter thru 3 quarters (19 shots thru 3 quarters)

She finished 10-25 (40%)

Major issues in this game, imo:

(1) 17 second chance pts for Debbie (just 4 for Iowa)

(2) 16 Iowa turnovers (5 too many)

(3) 5 missed Iowa layups (Iowa officially was 17-22)

(4) Free throw shooting:

1-4 Hannah
6-9 Caitlin
2-2 Rest of team

You don't think Nebraska's defense had a little to do with that?
You bet it did. Nebraska brings the box and 1 in in the 4th and Iowa can't adjust. It's intended to stall one player and make the other 4 perform. Great coaching from Nebraska. Not so from Iowa.

Reactions: huskersoup
They'll likely lose one more between Michigan , Indiana, and Ohio St. Regular season title out of reach. Curious to see how they finish the season.
Maybe they will take a look in the mirror and learn from their mistakes and this loss will be last year’s Maryland loss? Who knows, but I do hope so. When we play a full 40 minutes locked in this team is fun to watch and can beat anyone.

You bet it did. Nebraska brings the box and 1 in in the 4th and Iowa can't adjust. It's intended to stall one player and make the other 4 perform. Great coaching from Nebraska. Not so from Iowa.
Of course you know you are a good team when the other teams consider playing you their super bowl, world series and season defining game.
Good to be the hunted and the reason for attendance records wherever you go.

At a time when Iowa basketball is under the big spotlight, Bluder pissed down her leg in the worst way. She put one player ahead of the team. Too bad, it's going to put a bit of a stain on an otherwise incredible year and just gave their critics some ammo.

They'll likely lose one more between Michigan , Indiana, and Ohio St. Regular season title out of reach. Curious to see how they finish the season.
I disagree. They were embarrassed by this and they blow out every team left, including Ohio State. The rest of the country will wish Nebraska hadn't pulled that game out to give this Iowa team the kick in the ass they needed to get ready for the post season.

*no predictions on the post season though...

Reactions: letsgosports
I disagree. They were embarrassed by this and they blow out every team left, including Ohio State. The rest of the country will wish Nebraska hadn't pulled that game out to give this Iowa team the kick in the ass they needed to get ready for the post season.

*no predictions on the post season though...
Hope you are right and time will tell

Reactions: BioHawk
Being most of the team is suffering sinus infections. They did pretty good. Not an excuse. I just think they ran out of gas.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT