ADVERTISEMENT

*****Iowa (W) vs Nebraska Game Thread*****

The biggest issue I have is there is one set of foul calls against Iowa, mostly Caitlin where the other team gets to push, pull, bump, grab her, and no call. Iowa girls attempt to do the same or even close and it’s a foul. Two sets of calls at both ends.

Oh, and Nebraska is trash with their announcer constantly yelling “I can’t hear you” during the bball game and he does it during football too. Heard it when Iowa’s played there last season. Pathetic and embarrassing.

Add in their players doing the face wave. Caitlin did it once at her bench to mock HVL and her trash she was throwing out last season when Iowa beat them to go to the Final Four. Now everyone wants to do it at Iowa then claim something else. Trash gonna trash. 🗑️

Last edited:
Are you alleging the refs did a good job? Seriously? Yes, we played a horrible 4th quarter. Blew a 14 point lead. Should have won. However Women’s Big Ten refs are house league horrible. Caitlin got fouled three times on one possession before she hit a 3. Obviously the Big Ten does not care. As a former high school coach I would have been tossed in several games because of the incompetent referees. Pitiful. Now the Hawks need to regroup for the next one and build to win the conference.
No, but, all IOWA had to do to win that game was not completely fall apart throughout the entire 4th quarter.

Blaming the officiating when said officiating could have been easily overcome is just plain sad to me.

Reactions: littlez
Marshall not wanting to shoot? Step up.
This is happening more often - especially in close games and very concerning. We have a strictly 3pt shooter who is on the court 30+ minutes a game and doesn't score? Her defense isn't THAT good.

Also, I'd love to see her 3pt% in games where the lead is under 10pts - I'd guess it's 20%.

Are you alleging the refs did a good job? Seriously? Yes, we played a horrible 4th quarter. Blew a 14 point lead. Should have won. However Women’s Big Ten refs are house league horrible. Caitlin got fouled three times on one possession before she hit a 3. Obviously the Big Ten does not care. As a former high school coach I would have been tossed in several games because of the incompetent referees. Pitiful. Now the Hawks need to regroup for the next one and build to win the conference.

As a former high school coach you know that both teams are on the receiving end of questionable calls. They typically even out over the course of a game.

Not trying to be sarcastic here, but how often did you blame a loss on the officials after the games you coached? Did you ever get tossed? At what point do you feel getting a T (or two) and giving the other team free points is a good idea? Did you ever coach a perfect game? How successful were you as a high school coach (I am assuming you were a head HS coach I guess). Again, not looking to be a jerk here, but I could see where these questions would come across that way. I am just trying to gain some perspective.

Last edited:
Reactions: littlez
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT