ADVERTISEMENT

Is everyone tired of Trumps Coronavirus press conferences?

Channel 13 in Des Moines will carry them until 3:55 then goes back to their local news. When they don't start until after 3:30 this makes for much less suffering. Trump fans can catch the entire event on 13-2. We too are sick of Trump and would rather just see the doctors and even Pence.

Yep. Rick Astley himself couldn't make me change the channel any faster.

I haven't intentionally listened to him speak since the '16 debates. ("No puppet....no puppet..... you're the puppet.")

I cannot stand his voice. He brings on a revulsion that is almost physical.

I have yet to watch one. I've seen some clips, but that's it. Really interesting how much complaining people do about "mainstream media", yet so many of you ƒucksticks just can't seem to pull yourselves away from it.

Channel 13 in Des Moines will carry them until 3:55 then goes back to their local news. When they don't start until after 3:30 this makes for much less suffering. Trump fans can catch the entire event on 13-2. We too are sick of Trump and would rather just see the doctors and even Pence.
It's bad when even Pence is an upgrade. god help us.

Reactions: TheCainer
Yep. Rick Astley himself couldn't make me change the channel any faster.

I haven't intentionally listened to him speak since the '16 debates. ("No puppet....no puppet..... you're the puppet.")

I cannot stand his voice. He brings on a revulsion that is almost physical.
Anybody else tired of his moving hands.

Reactions: BGHAWK
After the first couple I actually thought they should be required viewing for everyone in America to see what a f*** stick this POS president is, but now when I see people spinning the BS and actually believing that he's doing a good job I'm just more and more disappointed in this country.

If people can honestly watch those s*** shows and come away saying "oh hell yeah he's doing great", there is absolutely no hope for mankind.

My greatest fear through this whole coronavirus mess is that Trump is re-elected in November because damnit, we're just that dumb.

**** Trump, and f*** everyone who thinks he's great.

I like them, fairly informative and the media questions are useful...

Anyone can find a summary about 5 minutes after the press conferences are over. Save yourself the hour and a half of meaningless drivel by president biff.

He actually used some time the other day to say how the war on drugs is working so beautifully.

JFC

Anyone can find a summary about 5 minutes after the press conferences are over. Save yourself the hour and a half of meaningless drivel by president biff.

He actually used some time the other day to say how the war on drugs is working so beautifully.

JFC

No one can simultaneously segue into multiple non-sequiters within the same sentence like he can. I really wish you could put him in a booth after some of his more bizarre ones, replay the video and ask him what he meant by that. And likely, he'd still deny he actually said it.

The other day when he said the US was going to put a hold on WHO funding, within 30 minutes of saying it, he denied ever saying it.

And yeah, people eat it up.

Have not watched one yet. I think my 9 year old could tell me more on the topic than I could learn from that guy.

I have yet to watch a single one of these press conferences. I've seen highlights (lowlights?) after the fact but have avoided watching them live. Trying to preserve my sanity.

You're not missing much. It is just the press asking him to explain why his statements are different than the facts or statements of the experts at which time he calls the reporter or their question "nasty". The he will finish with most sentences regarding his response as "no on has ever seen anything like this" followed by several favorite easily disproven conspiracy theories like no one could have expected this or he inherited bad testing. Once his attention span runs out, he invites Pence or others to come up to speak, at which time they begin their statements by praising Trumps leadership.

Nope!

...because I haven't watched a single minute of one for almost 3 weeks now.

giphy.gif

I like them, fairly informative and the media questions are useful...

He cannot have his lying rallies so he feels this is the next best thing. He lies as much, it's just that there aren't a thousand or so idiots in the audience.

Reactions: Razorhawk2
Is anyone else tired of people bitching about their self-inflicted agony? People who subject themselves to things they know will trigger them, then go off and complain are simply drama queens.

I watched every bit of the democratic primaries, so this falls right in line with those. For some odd reason, watching politicians look like idiots amuses me.

You're not missing much. It is just the press asking him to explain why his statements are different than the facts or statements of the experts at which time he calls the reporter or their question "nasty". The he will finish with most sentences regarding his response as "no on has ever seen anything like this" followed by several favorite easily disproven conspiracy theories like no one could have expected this or he inherited bad testing. Once his attention span runs out, he invites Pence or others to come up to speak, at which time they begin their statements by praising Trumps leadership.
Sounds like an “Emperor’s New Clothes” situation.

I haven't watched a second of Trump's portion. I do try to catch the Pence, Fauci, Birx, etc portion when I can, maybe every other day. That part is good and informative.

Pence does very well, and shows just how easy it should be for any leader to appear strong and statesman-like in a time of crisis, even with a press that is against you. Hell, GWB did pretty damn well about 95% of his crisis-related press conferences, even with a hostile press.

You don't have to be a Reagan or Clinton-level communicator not to frick these things up, just a just a moderately self-controlled, self-confident leader. It's crazy that someone can be as bad at it as Trump is.

Reactions: gohawks50
I only watched the first few but not wasting time anymore. Now it is nothing but reporters trying to goad him into saying something stupid which he usually jumps right into. Half their questions now don't even relate to the virus. When they start asking questions about Tiger King, its run its course.

JFC
Yes, he actually started the pc with this. Of course, he also had to say something about his few miles of wall that has been built (and how this is keeping out all the drugs).

I watched the first few episodes, until I realized he was only doing this because he can’t golf.

If it was just Fauci up there, I’d probably watch every day.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT