ADVERTISEMENT

ISU losing another in their backyard?

I, for one, enjoy Lone Clone's contributions on this board. There's nothing wrong with an opposing fan perspective on things ... and Lone Clone has long proven that he's far from the average homer-fan. Lone Clone regularly concedes points and doesn't foolishly claim that everything about his beloved program is better than our beloved program.

It leads to good, fun, and honest banter. Unfortunately, plenty of Iowa fans tend to perceive Lone Clone as a troll ... and they flame accordingly (and erroneously).
Thank you. But compared to the off-topic board, I get a lot of love here;)

Reactions: MitchLL and RHBar
Yeah, the above post is sure a great contribution to this board. Really groundbreaking analysis.
Sure ... but a lot of Hawk fans mischaracterize his posts too. Some of the comments made aren't necessarily wrong either ... even if they differ from what is perceived by some Hawk fans.

Too many people gravitate toward the binary ... us vs them ... while it's much more fun to enjoy the discourse. Perhaps people (particularly guys) just care too much about being "right?"

LC is good. Like having him post. He is an ISU fan that is reasonable. Jesus, you think he is bad, see some of the others on here and spend 3 minutes on CF where people post 24/7 only about Iowa and trolling Iowa. LC and Bryce are great to have.

Sure ... but a lot of Hawk fans mischaracterize his posts too. Some of the comments made aren't necessarily wrong either ... even if they differ from what is perceived by some Hawk fans.

Too many people gravitate toward the binary ... us vs them ... while it's much more fun to enjoy the discourse. Perhaps people (particularly guys) just care too much about being "right?"
Give me your opinion on this gem he posted below. Let me know how it was "mischaracterized".

Or we could be true to the times when the played, and have Jack on the ground with Nile stomping him.

Link: https://iowa.forums.rivals.com/thre...football-series-extended-through-2025.274656/

He should have been banned for that **** when he posted it.

Reactions: Slappy Pappy
I, for one, enjoy Lone Clone's contributions on this board. There's nothing wrong with an opposing fan perspective on things ... and Lone Clone has long proven that he's far from the average homer-fan. Lone Clone regularly concedes points and doesn't foolishly claim that everything about his beloved program is better than our beloved program.

It leads to good, fun, and honest banter. Unfortunately, plenty of Iowa fans tend to perceive Lone Clone as a troll ... and they flame accordingly (and erroneously).

Ditto, don't always agree with LC but his posts are well thought out and he is reasonable. Except for this punting thing....:)

Well you could go to CF. I looked the other day and Brian (Twins) had multiple pages on who was better in 2017 based on “also receiving votes.” Really sad 50k posts by him on Iowa and yet say we are obsessed and our Super Bowl. Maybe Brian (as a part owner of CF cause of his brother Matt also part owner) should do something productive in life besides post 50k times about Iowa and play golf at a 9 hole course.

LC is good. Like having him post. He is an ISU fan that is reasonable. Jesus, you think he is bad, see some of the others on here and spend 3 minutes on CF where people post 24/7 only about Iowa and trolling Iowa. LC and Bryce are great to have.

I should clarify that I don’t mind Lone at all(not that it matters). He/she is very reasonable. The shanked punt thing irks me because I constantly hear clone fans mention it and yet while I was at the game I remember thinking they didn’t help us much. We could have played for a week and ISU wasn’t winning because they couldn’t block our D-line

Reactions: HawkIDrummer
Turk - I won’t go into detail. Twins’ younger brother is tight with Jason Loutsch (albaugh’s SIL). So Jason and Matt decided to do CF and they included as a tag along Brian. And Brian’s job is to drive traffic. Hence Twins. He was a crappy golfer as his only sport in HS but comments on big time athletes. And yes, he has admitted he gets paid by his posts. Because he is part owner of a shitty website funded by everyone but him. Different story for different day. Could give all the details including on Chris Williams and hiring and his wife and the owners of CF but won’t.

Reactions: LaQuintaHawkeye
Turk - I won’t go into detail. Twins’ younger brother is tight with Jason Loutsch (albaugh’s SIL). So Jason and Matt decided to do CF and they included as a tag along Brian. And Brian’s job is to drive traffic. Hence Twins. He was a crappy golfer as his only sport in HS but comments on big time athletes. And yes, he has admitted he gets paid by his posts. Because he is part owner of a shitty website funded by everyone but him. Different story for different day. Could give all the details including on Chris Williams and hiring and his wife and the owners of CF but won’t.

giphy.gif

LC and Bryce are both pretty reasonable. Almost makes you wanna ask their back story...why clones?

I didn't remember posting that. Did a search, and it appears I did. Shouldn't have. Not sure what I was trying to do. I wouldn't diss Kinnick..
I have my own idea why you wrote such a trashy post, but I'll keep that to myself.

You might say you "wouldn't diss Kinnick", but yet you did, as evident from the post. You didn't just "diss" him either, you flat out insinuated he was a racist who would be stomping a black player. Classy.

I'm interested in ISU football this year if only to see if Genius Matt Campbell actually picks the "right" QB from the start of the season. I'm amazed that a coach of his reputed abilities can't seem to pick the purported best QB on the roster to start the season.

I'm interested in ISU football this year if only to see if Genius Matt Campbell actually picks the "right" QB from the start of the season. I'm amazed that a coach of his reputed abilities can't seem to pick the purported best QB on the roster to start the season.
Qbs in practice aren't always the same in actual games. Campbell sure seems to have a problem getting that position right.

Clone fans are really high on Purdy. Then again... they were high on the drug user, the guy after him, and the guy after him.

The odds are on the HC's side. Eventually, you have to get it right.

I don’t think LC meant anything by his prior posts. LC and Bryce are good posters that keep semi-reasonable banter on the boards. I say “semi” cause we are all fans. Some of the others that pop up just come to troll. As I said, we seem to have a good board. And if you don’t think so, go to CF for 10 minutes and watch that sh.t show and appreciate this board.

"Wont go into detail." Proceeds to go into great detail.
6ef.gif

Reactions: LaQuintaHawkeye
Pretty sure it's Justin Loutsch, and Brian Lazear doesn't have twins, why would he name himself that?

Last edited:
Hawk Mi - I think you managed to call me bat poop crazy on CF. Query me this: you post on a rival website (I don’t), I don’t have 50k posts on anything let alone a rival, and you didn’t have all your personal (including ex and kid info) and professional (including my former and new law firm) posted by DM’s by Twins and his minions. My ex lives in Ankeny and my kids go to school there. So that makes me bat crap crazy to call them out. Um OK.

Hawk Mi - that is detail? Funny. That is not even the iceberg tip on CF and the people involved. Whatever go back to CF and have fun with Twins and his little group.

Hawk Mi - I think you managed to call me bat poop crazy on CF. Query me this: you post on a rival website (I don’t), I don’t have 50k posts on anything let alone a rival, and you didn’t have all your personal (including ex and kid info) and professional (including my former and new law firm) posted by DM’s by Twins and his minions. My ex lives in Ankeny and my kids go to school there. So that makes me bat crap crazy to call them out. Um OK.
You guys take these message boards way too seriously.

Reactions: SunCityCy
Yes Hawk Mi I agree. The whole deal is done to pass time and banter. Right up until Twins sent JP, Remo, Brandon, JD, etc. all my info. Verified by IT, my old neighbor and my broker. Apparently the “tree” of who I am spread to most of Ankeny. My new law firm had a monster increase in hits right after Twins did that. Somebody pulled up my law cases online. And you spend a lot of time on CF you don’t think that is worrisome with those people?! Just saying.

I don’t think LC meant anything by his prior posts. LC and Bryce are good posters that keep semi-reasonable banter on the boards. I say “semi” cause we are all fans. Some of the others that pop up just come to troll. As I said, we seem to have a good board. And if you don’t think so, go to CF for 10 minutes and watch that sh.t show and appreciate this board.
I wouldn't diss Nile Kinnick. Just about any other Hawkeye, yes.

if you say so. Still...plenty of other Hawks that are rock solid. Street alone... is enough to call out LC on his statement.
Call me on it, then. I said "just about any other." Dwight definitely would be a possibility -- he was a douche against ISU.

Ok LC. And Lazard was upstanding as a non- douche. Still like AL tweeting from his couch when Iowa was in the Rose Bowl.

Hawk Mi - since you live on CF and called me crazy once CF posted all my personal and professional info. Well here is one. Thank God my son and daughter are good at sports and get their Mom’s looks. But my daughter was told today in Ankeny that her friends knew I posted against ISU on Iowa boards. So look pal before you call me BS crazy maybe you should realize what Twins and his minions do buddy. I am serious Champ think about that if you have kids. And since Twins and his group know who I am and are scared of my shadow as ass kicking would be bad they go after kids in jr high. ****ing sick. And Hawk mi u are part of it you loser. You are a problem Hawk Mi. Period.

Ok LC. And Lazard was upstanding as a non- douche. Still like AL tweeting from his couch when Iowa was in the Rose Bowl.
And I remember like yesterday the time I defended Lazard for that.....oh, wait, I guess I didn't.

Call me on it, then. I said "just about any other." Dwight definitely would be a possibility -- he was a douche against ISU.

I was gonna give you a "fair enough", but this demands a response. If we listed all the ISU players that were douches against IOWA it would take a while.

That said, you're not a bad guy LC.

Hawk Mi - since you live on CF and called me crazy once CF posted all my personal and professional info. Well here is one. Thank God my son and daughter are good at sports and get their Mom’s looks. But my daughter was told today in Ankeny that her friends knew I posted against ISU on Iowa boards. So look pal before you call me BS crazy maybe you should realize what Twins and his minions do buddy. I am serious Champ think about that if you have kids. And since Twins and his group know who I am and are scared of my shadow as ass kicking would be bad they go after kids in jr high. ****ing sick. And Hawk mi u are part of it you loser. You are a problem Hawk Mi. Period.
K

Hawk Mi I apologize. Over the top. Totally my bad and not fair to you. Prime example of too serious on a message board like you said. I guess U post over there and would you want like Remo or 1976 knowing not just you but the names and addresses of your kids? Anyway, regardless was a prick post by me to you. Have a good weekend.

Hawk Mi I apologize. Over the top. Totally my bad and not fair to you. Prime example of too serious on a message board like you said. I guess U post over there and would you want like Remo or 1976 knowing not just you but the names and addresses of your kids? Anyway, regardless was a prick post by me to you. Have a good weekend.
I guess if they wanted to figure it out they could. I'm not really scared of being doxxed. Maybe you should stop going over to that site. It seems like it has negatively affected your life.

Fair points. And yes adversely affected when an ex and minor kids are involved and live in the same community they live. I don’t give a crap about me being named. Jesus anyone with half a brain could figure it out in about 20 seconds. Anyway, was simply stating I was wrong to take a shot at you. Have a good weekend.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT