ADVERTISEMENT

ISU vs Memphis

I am so tired of ISU fans after 1 good year talking. Jesus. Can't get a P5 team outside of Iowa to play home and home. Won't let Iowa out for 2 years to play ND cause of Cyclone irrelevance if Iowa is not on the schedule. Iowa has played at least 10 P5 teams outside of the stupid ISU K in the last 15 years and ISU none. Cause win and you still lose. So shut up ISU fans. Enjoy your year and coach for 1 more year.
No offense, but do you realize you are are typical of the type of fan criticized earlier in this thread?

It has been well documented the the clown football program is among the worst programs in college football history. On top of that, beating Memphis is now one of their greatest victories ever. Kudos to you clown fans. You have a lot to be thankful for!

It has been well documented the the clown football program is among the worst programs in college football history. On top of that, beating Memphis is now one of their greatest victories ever. Kudos to you clown fans. You have a lot to be thankful for!
Ya, what's most important is where you are now and going forward. lol

Talking historically, greatest victories ever would include wins over top 5/10 teams like Nebraska, Oklahoma, TCU, etc.

Ya, what's most important is where you are now and going forward. lol

Talking historically, greatest victories ever would include wins over top 5/10 teams like Nebraska, Oklahoma, TCU, etc.
Going forward? Good luck next year in Iowa City little brother. You need to understand who you are.

Reactions: Bobhaywood
Yes LC and I admit I can go a little overboard. And did wish you a Happy New Year! I will admit the ND deal burns my butt since Wisconsin got it after Pollard wouldn't let Iowa out without threat of lawsuit and games in Chicago especially against ND would have been awesome. No offense LC but a night game on ABC one yeat and NBC the next against the Domers at Soldiers Field in September would have been awesome.

Yes LC and I admit I can go a little overboard. And did wish you a Happy New Year! I will admit the ND deal burns my butt since Wisconsin got it after Pollard wouldn't let Iowa out without threat of lawsuit and games in Chicago especially against ND would have been awesome. No offense LC but a night game on ABC one yeat and NBC the next against the Domers at Soldiers Field in September would have been awesome.
1. You are the only person I have seen/heard mention this;
2. I don't have to know anything about it to know that no way in hell did Pollard keep Iowa from playing Notre Dame.

Well LC you are 100 percent wrong. On both fronts. Sad you are doing this but fine. The 2 biggest alumni bases in Chicago are ND and Iowa. ND came to Iowa. They wanted the Soldiers Field Saturday game on ABC 1 year, NBC the next. Both night games. Gary went to Pollard to ask for a 2 year hiatus as Iowa needs the home games so needed the break from ISU to do it. Pollard said no and would force Iowa to breach the contract. Barta did not want that negative response from the "State" in having a lawsuit or breach of contract claims. So Barta backed off and ND went to Wisconsin. I not only sit on the Iowa foundation but my buddy from law school is very high up at ND. So stop being dumb. Pollard was smart. No way Barta wanted to start an intra-state beef and ISU needs the Iowa game more than Iowa. Jesus Christ. Wake up.

Reactions: RogerKint
Well LC you are 100 percent wrong. On both fronts. Sad you are doing this but fine. The 2 biggest alumni bases in Chicago are ND and Iowa. ND came to Iowa. They wanted the Soldiers Field Saturday game on ABC 1 year, NBC the next. Both night games. Gary went to Pollard to ask for a 2 year hiatus as Iowa needs the home games so needed the break from ISU to do it. Pollard said no and would force Iowa to breach the contract. Barta did not want that negative response from the "State" in having a lawsuit or breach of contract claims. So Barta backed off and ND went to Wisconsin. I not only sit on the Iowa foundation but my buddy from law school is very high up at ND. So stop being dumb. Pollard was smart. No way Barta wanted to start an intra-state beef and ISU needs the Iowa game more than Iowa. Jesus Christ. Wake up.
FOS

Really u idiot?! So ND always wanted Wisconsin? And Iowa hasn't crushed it in Chicago against NIU? U my friend are a ****ing idiot.

U tell me u POS one thing I was wrong on. Dear God Wisconsin people are thanking Pollard for getting the ND game. Unreal. Look at what Wisconsin thanking Pollard for the game. Unreal idiot.

Ok JFC will speak slow. So ISU plays who South Dakota St, Akron and Iowa. Who can ISU get a home and home with from a Power 5 conference besides Iowa? Can't. And have to travel to Akron? Really? ND wanted Iowa. Unfortunately Iowa needs the home games and if can't get out of ISU, Iowa is screwed with 9 conference games. My God are u dumb?

I am so tired of ISU fans after 1 good year talking. Jesus. Can't get a P5 team outside of Iowa to play home and home. Won't let Iowa out for 2 years to play ND cause of Cyclone irrelevance if Iowa is not on the schedule. Iowa has played at least 10 P5 teams outside of the stupid ISU K in the last 15 years and ISU none. Cause win and you still lose. So shut up ISU fans. Enjoy your year and coach for 1 more year.
Ya, give Iowa credit for playing Pittsburgh, Sycracuse, Arizona, Arizona St in the last 15 years, not exactly world beaters, but OK. But the Iowa 2018 OOC is not exactly packing (OOC - N. Illinios, UNI) combined with the fact that OSU, Mich, and Mich State NOT on the schedule.

It's harder in the Big12, where you have to play every team every year. Unlike the B1G where you only play B1G East Teams(OSU, Mich, Mich St, PSU) 50% of time.

I do give teams like OU and OSU for scheduling tough OOC games.

Ok Whoa - who has ISU played from a Power 5 conference besides Iowa the last 15 years OOC? Who? And a home and home? And you aren't telling me why Jamie won't let Iowa out to play ND for 2 years. With 9 conference games Iowa is not going to play 2 of 3 OOC games outside of Kinnick. I don't like the ISU game but will deal with it. Just sucks Pollard said No to taking 2 years off so Iowa could play Norte Dame in Chicago. Whatever.

Ok Whoa - who has ISU played from a Power 5 conference besides Iowa the last 15 years OOC? Who? And a home and home? And you aren't telling me why Jamie won't let Iowa out to play ND for 2 years. With 9 conference games Iowa is not going to play 2 of 3 OOC games outside of Kinnick. I don't like the ISU game but will deal with it. Just sucks Pollard said No to taking 2 years off so Iowa could play Norte Dame in Chicago. Whatever.
link?

What link? U really think Barta or Pollard are going to come out on that? ND wanted a game and approached Iowa first. Settled on Wisconsin. Will be a great game with those 2. Wisconsin isn't tied down to an instate team. But Iowa in Chicago was first choice. And I don't blame Pollard for saying no. Just sucks would love a couple night games with the Domers in Chicago in September under the lights.

1. You are the only person I have seen/heard mention this;
2. I don't have to know anything about it to know that no way in hell did Pollard keep Iowa from playing Notre Dame.

Marc Morehouse with the CR Gazette has pretty much stated this for quite a number of months now.

What link? U really think Barta or Pollard are going to come out on that? ND wanted a game and approached Iowa first. Settled on Wisconsin. Will be a great game with those 2. Wisconsin isn't tied down to an instate team. But Iowa in Chicago was first choice. And I don't blame Pollard for saying no. Just sucks would love a couple night games with the Domers in Chicago in September under the lights.
put down the crack pipe....

I guess I don't get it. Look water over the dam. The 2 largest fan bases in Chicago are ND and Iowa. ND wanted a home and home in Chicago. Went to Iowa. Iowa with 9 conference games and like all schools needing home games had 1 option. Ask ISU to let Iowa out for 2 years. Pollard said no. Barta didn't want to deal with the backlash of breach of contract claims. So ND went to Wisconsin. What is so hard to get? Jesus.

Marc Morehouse with the CR Gazette has pretty much stated this for quite a number of months now.
Just curious, no official statement from either AD, but what Morehouse says is gospel? I would like the Iowa ND match-up as mentioned. Maybe don't blame the ISU game how 'bout the UNI's North Tex State, NDSU continue on.

Just curious, no official statement from either AD, but what Morehouse says is gospel? I would like the Iowa ND match-up as mentioned. Maybe don't blame the ISU game how 'bout the UNI's North Tex State, NDSU continue on.

I've heard a little about this as well, no clue how true it is, but your point doesn't make sense. Iowa's not going to give up two home games, which is what those games are, for a home and away.

Barta was stupid, he should have broke the ISU contract. The entire Iowa fan base would have had his back and ISU would have looked very little brotherish for suing Iowa over that. Public sentiment would have swayed into Iowa's corner and it would have been the concrete proof too many people seem to need that the ISU game is an albatross around our neck.

Yet again Barta fails here. He had a chance to get out and didn't take it.

I've heard a little about this as well, no clue how true it is, but your point doesn't make sense. Iowa's not going to give up two home games, which is what those games are, for a home and away.
I get all of that, it's just frustrating.

Whatever Cylone for Life - which Clone poster are u? You can dispute a single thing I said about ND wanting Iowa at Soldier Field. And Pollard pitching a fit cause how do you replace your biggest game of the year in between South Dakota St and Akron. Seriously u are not smart enough to breath. And be semi-smart. Iowa is behind Wisconsin so easier win for ND on national TV in Chicago. Jesus. You are a Clone.

Considering ISU turned out to be Iowa’s second best win, I find this to be a difficult argument to make after this year. Attendance and support were still pretty good in 2-10/3-9 type seasons, so how much ISU needs Iowa is debatable already and diminishes if ISU continues to have good seasons. Finally, what incentive does Pollard have to be benevolent in allowing Iowa out of their contract to receive more exposure and validation? If the script were flipped would you want your AD to go out of his way to benefit ISU and possibly harm his own school?

Agr - I agree totally. Except, Pollard didn't know how ISU was going to be at the time Iowa was approached by ND. And most important you are correct. Helps a bottom Power 5 team each year when Iowa puts ISU on the map between South Dakota St and Akron. ISU had a great year. But who wants a piece of ISU from a power 5? And don't tell me cause they are now good. It is because you win you lose, you lose you really lose. I think ISU is up and coming but still nationwide considered a horrid team. I think Campbell is a great coach. But Pollard shot down Iowa and ND cause no Power 5 besides Iowa would ever schedule a home and home with ISU. That is a fact.

Reactions: RogerKint
Agr - I agree totally. Except, Pollard didn't know how ISU was going to be at the time Iowa was approached by ND. And most important you are correct. Helps a bottom Power 5 team each year when Iowa puts ISU on the map between South Dakota St and Akron. ISU had a great year. But who wants a piece of ISU from a power 5? And don't tell me cause they are now good. It is because you win you lose, you lose you really lose. I think ISU is up and coming but still nationwide considered a horrid team. I think Campbell is a great coach. But Pollard shot down Iowa and ND cause no Power 5 besides Iowa would ever schedule a home and home with ISU. That is a fact.
I don’t know that ISU couldn’t get another Power 5 team, I think what you’re implying is they couldn’t get a good power 5 team and that I agree with. The little bit of success ISU had this year doesn’t move the needle much and would be way too risky for anyone with high aspirations. A lower level P5 team with little to lose and exposure to gain would be interested I would think. I don’t come to be disagreeable, and would agree with most of what you wrote. I’m not one of the fans that believes one year’s success means a team a “arrived”.

Really wonder what the fallout would have been had Barta taken the hard line and said, "go ahead and sue." I mean, business is business, right? In any event, allowing Pollard to essentially undermine Iowa's best scheduling interests without any consequence--assuming that's the case--raises a few questions about the craftiness of Barta's leadership. Surely Barta had to know going in that Pollard would reject such a proposal outright, barring some sort of alternative. There was a lot at stake here for Iowa, if this account is true. Was there any attempt to negotiate a compromise? Not securing high-profile games against ND not only hurt Iowa, but helped a division opponent who doesn't need the help. That had to make Pollard very, very happy (he came to ISU from Wisconsin, BTW). You can't really blame Pollard for saying no if it was a simple appeal to his better side. Did Iowa consider offering a financial incentive to ease the "pain" for ISU? And/or possibly help ISU find a suitable alternative opponent for those two years? Where there's a will, sometimes there's a way. Given this outcome, seems to me that from Iowa's perspective, there ought to be consequences going forward. Something tells me that there simply isn't that kind of competitive commitment from the current athletic administration but who knows? There's more going on behind the scenes than we'll ever know, I'm quite sure of that.

Look ISU guys I don't blame Pollard. He is smart. Do I wish Barta pulled the plug of course. Game doesn't help. And ISU isn't getting another Power 5 home and home. Just know what I know from the foundation that I sit on. ND wanted Iowa in Chicago for a home and home. One year ABC game then on NBC. Both night games. 2 biggest fan bases in Chicago are ND and Iowa. Pollard said no on letting Iowa out knowing Iowa needs the "home" games in OOC. These are facts. And Barta wanted no part of the dispute period. So ND went to Wisconsin. What is hard to get? Do ISU fans really think Iowa fans and donors really want the ISU game for 2 years as opposed to Iowa vs. ND in Chicago? Come on. But Barta especially after his year wanted no push back so Pollard crunched his balls. Fact. Smart by Pollard.

Whatever Cylone for Life - which Clone poster are u? You can dispute a single thing I said about ND wanting Iowa at Soldier Field. And Pollard pitching a fit cause how do you replace your biggest game of the year in between South Dakota St and Akron. Seriously u are not smart enough to breath. And be semi-smart. Iowa is behind Wisconsin so easier win for ND on national TV in Chicago. Jesus. You are a Clone.
I am not "smart enough to breath"? God you're an idiot, and probably a clown fan. After all you're never seen unless they're mentioned.....

Who would you want if you could pick your AD ? Barta or Pollard ? Yeah, that’s what I thought.

Barta's a knob but so is Pollard. Look at all of the misses he's hired for coaches. Pretty unreal. Not to mention making himself a national laughingstock by publicly claiming the Big 12 had a conspiracy against ISU. That was some funny shit. Pathetic, but funny.

yeah I am sure he has inside info just like the ISU reporters do. Just no one on the record. And Kirk is only going to play one power 5, one MAC / Mountain west level and one lower than that, whether UNI or a North texas state type team. That is his and Barta's formula.

You do not understand life, Kujo. Pollard didn't keep Iowa from playing Notre Dame. Iowa kept Iowa from playing Notre Dame.

Absolutely nothing kept Iowa from playing Notre Dame except Barta's reluctance to play two major non-conference games. Period. The end.

Reactions: mrcyfan
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT